Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Search for the Gizmo of Ultimate Goodness  (Read 11357 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Search for the Gizmo of Ultimate Goodness
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2017, 04:05:23 pm »

The first one is balanced, and would only require a small downside to your character.
So wait, does that mean a small downside in addition to what's already there, or that I can lessen the one he already has?
The memory lapse that occurs is a "payment" for using the ability, not a downside. The downside can be something very small, because of how situational an "expensive" the ability is. Ex: Head is too lumpy to wear certain headwear. (Headwear is quite rare, and has to do with mental ability, anyway.)
done, and with that my sheet is finished. I worked the Parasite and teleporting into his backstory, and removed his parasitic brass knuckles to give him a mallet.

I'm still not sure if I would rather put the teleport enrichment on his foam finger or a weapon though

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2017, 05:05:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 05:15:44 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2017, 05:14:36 pm »

What are your attributes?

EDIT: Just looked back. Cool, I'm in.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:30:59 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2017, 12:04:07 pm »

Sorry to double post, but any ideas on when we cam expect turn 1?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2017, 12:31:08 pm »

Sorry to double post, but any ideas on when we cam expect turn 1?
I'm going to work on it right now, actually.

OceanSoul: You will start with no upside or downside, but we can still negotiate something and add it later.

And another small addition to the OP: You cannot move into enemies' spaces. You CAN move into allies' spaces, but you can't end your turn in them.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2017, 01:09:00 pm »

Ok, thanks.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2017, 03:10:36 pm »

Sorry, I got wrapped up in stuff and I don't have the time to finish the turn. I'm going to bed rn, but here's a little tease of what you'll see tomorrow:

http://imgur.com/a/ynBRf
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2017, 04:11:19 pm »

So..you're working with Pavellius on the game?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2017, 04:13:14 pm »

So..you're working with Pavellius on the game?
oops...
Tomasque is my brother, and I forgot to log out of his account before posting. My bad.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2017, 02:09:31 pm »

Game Start!

Ready Player One
Ready Player Two
Ready Player Three
Ready Player Four

It has been a long journey, but the worst isn't over yet. You had to trudge through the Swamps of Sickness to reach the Uncharted Badlands. You had to chart your own path the mythical Valley of Despair and hike through the Forest of Whimpers for days to find the Entrance. But none of this can compare to what you'll find inside the Dungeon! Yet nothing can divert you now, for certainly if you had any doubts, you would have turned back long ago. In silence, you begin the long march down the slippery stone steps. Over the course of your descent, you all feel stagnant air grow warmer and warmer. You turn a corner, and suddenly the heat is sweltering! You push your way through a door and find the source of the heat.

Spoiler: Picture (click to show/hide)

Against the north wall, an open furnace is blazing next to an empty bookshelf. In the center, playing poker on an outdated HoloTable 4K, are four winged imps heckling and cackling. At least they were heckling and cackling a second ago, but now they've gone silent as they turn to face you. They reach for their weapons and fly up into the air. Some dramatic music might be appropriate right now, but some broke all the discs for the gramophone! (Now they're really gonna pay!)

A quick description of the rest of the objects in the room:
-Next to the gramophone (south wall) sits a closed wooden chest.
-In the southeast corner is wedged a tastelessly-green yet comfortable arm chair.
-Mounted to the west wall is a row of closed wooden cabinets.
-Next to the north wall, in between the two doors, hangs a dead potted plant from three chains attached to the ceiling.

As for the four unopened doors:
-The west door is locked and untrapped.
-The door to the left of the potted plant is unlocked and trapped.
-The door to the right of it is unlocked and untrapped.
-The east door is locked, but you do not know whether or not it is trapped.
-All of the doors are made of wood but vary in quality. (Unless otherwise noted, all doors in the dungeon are made of wood.)

All of the imps are wearing spiked leather armor and spiked bowler hats, and most are wielding a spiked club and a spiked shield. Imp 1 seems to have upgraded to semi-transparent energy shield, and Imp 2 has swapped his club and shield for an unusual blaster rifle. It glows a pulsing red, and a constant stream of smoke pours from the end of its barrel.

Turn 1: Fight!!

Spoiler: Combat Grid (click to show/hide)

Imps 1, 3, and 4 grin maniacally as they fly towards you (just a foot off the ground). Imp 2 flies in the other direction (above melee reach) but keeps his rifle trained on you. "Give 'em hell, boys!" he shouts. The other imps, being mere unpaid extras, have no lines to reply with.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2017, 02:17:33 pm »

Get to the chair and shoot Imp 2.
Does anyone recognize me?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2017, 02:26:08 pm »

Go forward and run imp 3 through.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2017, 02:27:21 pm »

None of the monsters in this room recognize you. There is no residual aether here, either.

I presume you mean to stand on the chair?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2017, 02:41:15 pm »

None of the monsters in this room recognize you. There is no residual aether here, either.

Behind it, actually, if possible. It looks like there should be room.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2017, 02:44:02 pm »

Behind it, actually, if possible. It looks like there should be room.
There is.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8