Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Search for the Gizmo of Ultimate Goodness  (Read 11379 times)

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Search for the Gizmo of Ultimate Goodness
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2017, 06:40:57 am »

Quote from: 'Pavellius'
Savior, Buddhist, Crow
Let's see what I can do with this :p

Maruko was once a young man like any other, living in a peaceful village somewhere in the japanese countryside. However, he was far from innocent, often taking part in thievery, vandalism and other violent acts. Because of his actions, he was cursed by the village elder to forever walk the world in a form that reflects his tainted soul. Thus, he was transformed into a crow man and exiled from the village. Shortly after being cast away, Maruko found himself lost and alone in the wilderness, and began pondering his life. Realizing that his bad deeds had led him to this tragic fate, he decided to take the path of redemption, turning to buddhism and vowing to help all these in need. Hence, he travelled from village to village, working hard to help others. Because of his pure intentions, he soon unlocked the secrets to healing magic, and through good deeds, his soul was purified and his once black feathers whitened. He thus took the name of Shirokarasu "The White Crow" (shortened to Shiroka for friends), and continues to go from village to village, never accepting to stay in one place as a dhutanga (abbhokāsik'aṅga, to be more precise), staying true to his monk path. However, because of the elder's curse, he is condemned to never age and endlessly walk the earth, forever locked out of Nirvana. Because of this, he decided to take on the quest of the Gizmo of Ultimate Goodness, hoping to die a righteous death during the journey, or that the Gizmo may undo his curse.

Spells : (1) Savior
Magic : 4
Evade : 2
Athletics : 3
Medicine : 3
Will : 3

Equipment :
Electric Headlamp
Steel-Toed Boots
No armor (Discarded because of paṃsukūlik'aṅga, a dhutanga that obligates buddhist monks to wear robes made of old rags as their sole clothing), instead Monk robe (light armor, DR 0) (Enriched, Buddhism)
No weapon (Discarded because buddhists are non-violent)
Medicine kit

There it is, a purely support character, this'll be interesting :)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2017, 06:52:10 am »

I am working on making a post, but have been set back multiple times due to page errors while I was still writing it up. Feel free to switch me with one of the people on the waitlist for taking too long.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2017, 10:36:06 am »

I am working on making a post, but have been set back multiple times due to page errors while I was still writing it up. Feel free to switch me with one of the people on the waitlist for taking too long.
Don't worry, you aren't the only one still without a sheet. Try writing it up in notepad, and copy pasting it into the reply window so you don't lose the original. To save time, you only have to fill out the basic stuff, and then update it with your character details later.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2017, 10:44:29 am »

Hey, Marksdorf, you can probably still use a shield.

EDIT: Oh, hey, free point in basket weaving. :D
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2017, 10:47:50 am »

:D

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2017, 12:34:51 pm »

Pfft. Real men have points in underwater basket weaving.

May I join? If not, may I be added to the waitlist?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2017, 12:50:14 pm »

Sign ups are technically closed, but you seem pretty chill. I'll put you on the waitlist.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2017, 01:13:04 pm »

It is U.B.W., but writing it all out takes too long.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2017, 03:54:45 pm »

Hey, Marksdorf, you can probably still use a shield.

Meh, I prefer dodging :p

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2017, 06:13:17 am »

Changed a couple things in the OP:
-you can attack with up to 3 throwing weapons per turn
-removed "arcing" weapon type
-added "burst" weapon type (for grenades and such)

I have PMed OceanSoul and Dustan Hache about submitting their sheets. It looks like some of the waitlisters might be bumped up to the player list.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2017, 08:42:03 pm »

Name: Hana S. Neuntra
Aspects: Silent, Television, Fabric
Appearance: Wearing a fine red dress with marks of white, as if paint splatter. An orangey red scarf covers their neck and mouth. Vibrant yellow eyes, long orangey hair (slightly brown), vibrant skin tone, slender body.
Description: Half-elf physically in her late 20s. Used to be a hostess on one of those telemarketing shows.
Backstory: Having lived a healthy, rich lifestyle in her early years, Hana decided to find work of her own. With their gorgeous appearance and graceful movements, they quickly got hired for the Fabric Distribution Network, a TV (or equivalent) channel that mainly sells clothing, though other fabric goods are sold. They gestured toward and around the objects for sale, and, at other times, wear it and pose. Hana even became just a little well-known over the past three years, and might have been much more, until...something...cut the career short. No one else in the party knows why, and it will likely stay that way, since, well Hana's MUTE. For the same reason, chances are no-one else will know what drove them to seek the GUG, either.
Skills: Ranged Weapons; 1
Magic: 3
Evade: 2
Stealth: 1
Pick Locks: 2
Athletics: 1
Spells: Silence, Television
Equipment:Electric Headlamp, Steel-toed boots, Brown Cape (carried as a bag), Leather Armor (light armor, DR 1), 2 Daggers (light melee, 5 sharp dmg), Blaster Pistol (light shooting, 6 plasma dmg) (Enriched w/ Television), Lockpicking Kit.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 08:53:15 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2017, 08:46:11 pm »

Ok, so you have silence and television... what's your third keyword?
Also, enrich something.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 08:56:22 pm by Glass »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2017, 08:53:31 pm »

Fix'd, glass. Thanks.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2017, 05:13:18 pm »

I made two changes to the OP:
-described the effect of being staggered under "Shield" type
-defense rolls against attacks/spells now get -5 if you have little time to react.

More importantly, I wrote up all your spells and enrichments. Check 'em out:

Glass
Fate worse than death:
[sadistic, traumatic] You psychically force a sentient creature into believing it is undergoing a terrible torture (the specifics of the torture are up to you). The creature must meet or exceed 20 on a Will roll or be staggered. It also takes psychic damage equal to 20 minus its Will roll. Warning: If used on a psychic creature, they can reverse the spell onto you (with a successful Will roll).

Sacrin's signature blaster pistol:
[galactic, suicide] The ability of this weapon can only be used by Sacrin. Whenever Sacrin enters a new room with sapient monsters, there is up to a 50% chance that one of them will recognize him. (He don't actually need to have the pistol for this to be true.) Whenever Sacrin fires at a monster that recognized him with this weapon, whether or not it hits, the monster commits suicide unless they meet or exceed 15 with a Will roll. Why? Because as that shot flies towards them, their life flashes before their eyes and they are reminded of all the terrible things Sacron did to his prisoners, and thus are compelled to put themselves out of their future misery. I hope you're happy, Glass.

OceanSoul
Moment of silence:
[silence, priest] From the moment this spell is cast until the end of next turn, all other spells that are cast are automatically countered. Spells which are associated with holiness, religion, or goodness bypass this effect. (Ex: Moment of silence, Christmas giveaway, Divine touch)

Christmas giveaway:
[television, Santa] Can only be cast during combat. A television appears in target empty square, its screen pointing straight up (it blocks movement but not line-of-sight). At the end of this turn, a random enriched item appears in the television. It can be taken and equipped by you or an ally as a free action. (The taker must be adjacent to the TV.) Monsters cannot do this. At the end of combat, the item and TV disappear.

Trigger-happy blaster pistol:
[television, excitement] While this weapon is equipped during combat, it will automatically fire at a random enemy (within line-of-sight) at the end of each turn, unless you made an attack with it that turn. It makes its own Shooting Weapon rolls at a +5 (penalties for partial cover and adjacent enemies still apply).

Legendary Marksdorf
Divine touch:
[savior, outdated] One of the oldest spells in existence, from back when casting spells at things further than arm's reach was unheard of. Target adjacent ally heals 15 HP or is freed from a curse of your choice.

Monk robes of the Unyielding Tower:
[Buddhism, tower] At the end of each turn, unless you moved your feet, attacked, or cast an offensive spell, you gain the following bonuses (unless you have them already): +2 DR, +2 Will, -5 to attempts to forcefully move you. These bonuses disappear immediately if you break one of the conditions. (Note: not moving your feet gives you a -2 penalty to dodge.)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2017, 05:49:36 pm »

Sounds like Sacrin.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8