Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Search for the Gizmo of Ultimate Goodness  (Read 11394 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: custom RTD
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2017, 08:44:51 am »

Hmm... "Silver, Zombie, Fantasy"? Ok.

Sendar was a corpse that was recently revived by a necromancer, and who promptly slaughtered that necromancy and absorbed his powers. He is kept undead by the runes made of silver that were melted into his skin during the resurrection ritual. He has high magic and physical resistances, as well as a strong physical attack, but his accuracy is terrible, and he gets debuffs if he doesn't consume either living or recently-living flesh once a day (getting worse the more days he goes without). In addition, he cannot heal without doing as such, and is harmed by healing spells.
Good work. Considering that Pavellus would've wanted a short-term dungeon crawl, days may not be the best measurement for the debuffs. As GM, I would've nerfed it down to being based on ability usage and/or absorbing hits. You would be able to eat flesh well in advance to give yourself a buffer, but the more hits you take, the sooner you'd have to feast.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2017, 09:00:23 am »

When I said day, I meant in-game. But glad to see I had the right idea. :D
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2017, 09:42:03 am »

A dungeon crawler would be nice. I've enjoyed the ones I've been a part of, but the updates don't happen very often, and one of them got abandoned. It might work better to have a defined time limit; for example, if we don't escape the dungeon within the (real-time) month, we die.
+1.

Bonus points if:
The dungeon is randomly generated, structure, enemies, loot, and all.
I can give you some pointers for this via PM, based off my own loot generator, if you like.
EXTRA bonus points if the characters are randomly generates...ish. I'm thinking generating a few crucial points that the player would have to build their character around. As example, I just got (Excitement, traumatic, underground), which I would turn into an exhilarated Moleman with an array of weapons to inflict unforgettable pain, physical and emotional, with.  Good damage, and some solid debuffs, but he has low accuracy, being a mole and all. Someone else might get a cheerleader that was held captive by Dwarves for years on end, leading to a  scrawny moral support that's learned metalworking and mining. Anyone want to try it out? Here's two samples; (Silver, Zombie, Fantasy) and (Nazi, Bull, Sand).
Sounds good, but if this is the character creation that gets implemented (which it probably will be, as I see no contenders so far), you all need to decide on its limitations.
For example:
Must it be a humanoid?
Must it be mortal (non-robot/zombie/construct)?
Must it speak a common language?

I am glad you are all showing this much interest.  8) 8) 8)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2017, 11:25:53 am »

A dungeon crawler would be nice. I've enjoyed the ones I've been a part of, but the updates don't happen very often, and one of them got abandoned. It might work better to have a defined time limit; for example, if we don't escape the dungeon within the (real-time) month, we die.
+1.

Bonus points if:
The dungeon is randomly generated, structure, enemies, loot, and all.
I can give you some pointers for this via PM, based off my own loot generator, if you like.
EXTRA bonus points if the characters are randomly generates...ish. I'm thinking generating a few crucial points that the player would have to build their character around. As example, I just got (Excitement, traumatic, underground), which I would turn into an exhilarated Moleman with an array of weapons to inflict unforgettable pain, physical and emotional, with.  Good damage, and some solid debuffs, but he has low accuracy, being a mole and all. Someone else might get a cheerleader that was held captive by Dwarves for years on end, leading to a  scrawny moral support that's learned metalworking and mining. Anyone want to try it out? Here's two samples; (Silver, Zombie, Fantasy) and (Nazi, Bull, Sand).
Sounds good, but if this is the character creation that gets implemented (which it probably will be, as I see no contenders so far), you all need to decide on its limitations.
For example:
Must it be a humanoid?
Must it be mortal (non-robot/zombie/construct)?
Must it speak a common language?

I am glad you are all showing this much interest.  8) 8) 8)
I would say that they should all be able to communicate (whether through a common language or personal Babel fish device), have a size limited to 6 or so feet, MORTAL, are able to die via wounds, and, while having a humanoid form isn't necessary, there may be trouble with doors, equipment, etc. otherwise.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2017, 03:12:13 pm »

Bump.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2017, 12:31:31 pm »

So 3 days have passed, and I've begun work on the dungeon and stuff, but I don't think I'll have the time to effectively run the game until maybe Tuesday. But I'll have the OP up sometime tomorrow, so the sign ups and character creation can be done ahead of time.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2017, 03:38:41 pm »

Alright, sounds good.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: custom RTD (schizo tech dungeon crawler) (sign ups open!)
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2017, 04:21:21 pm »

Well, the OP is not finished, but I got most of char creation up there.

Let's get sign ups going. I'm thinking this will be a 4 player game with replacements. I'm going to sleep rn, so I will pm the aspects in the morning.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2017, 04:23:52 pm »

I'm in.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2017, 04:55:05 pm »

in. Send me aspects.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2017, 04:55:20 pm »

In.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2017, 06:56:15 pm »

Hey, this looks interesting, can I play ?
In.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 08:49:39 pm by Legendary Marksdorf »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2017, 07:32:53 pm »

In
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2017, 02:41:59 am »

I know that RTDs are usually first come first serve, but in this case I would like to give priority to the peeps who made this game what it is. I see OceanSoul and Glass are in, and I know Fallacy is unfortunately too busy, so I'd like to give a chance to endlessblaze. If endlessblaze joins, that would bump Marksdorf to the replacement list.

Sorry, Marksdorf.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2017, 04:15:02 am »

In
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8