Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Consequences: New wish, new GM required!  (Read 2057 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Consequences: New wish, new GM required!
« on: June 26, 2017, 11:08:17 am »

Consequences is an experimental game based around Corrupt a Wish.

To start, a player makes a wish.

The next player to post grants the wish, changing the game world as the wish is, then becomes GM.

The GM will take actions from players, as many as he or she thinks they can handle and still have fun, then make turns accordingly. The players are in the game world.

After some number of turns the GM chooses, the GM then makes a wish, altering the game world... then somebody else grants the wish, becoming GM.

Players that grant wishes may add some interpretation to the granting of the wish. They can't change the actual wording, but can interpret it or tack other things on.

The game world is consistent. When a new game begins, the same world will be used, though the wish will still modify it... unless...

If the world is destroyed, the world is reset completely.

This game is designed to be sustainable without one constant GM, going on forever and ever as a mega thread... eventually.

If a player ceases to post for an amount of time greater than 3 days, determined by the current GM, the GM may mod kill them and get around to making the turn.

If a GM ceases to post for 7 days, one of the players may make a new wish, which a forumite may grant to become the new GM, as normal.

Wishes must be posted in bolded purple, to really catch the eye. Actions must be posted in bold, though dialogue doesn't need to be.

I'll start. I wish dinosaurs returned to the world.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 12:57:16 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Consequences!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 04:25:54 am »

Fossils and bones claw themselves up from the tarpits and earthen graves. These ancient giants have risen, and every day, more are added to their numbers. Why have dark forces imbued them with life? What sinister master is behind this wicked plot? Who will stop this evil from consuming the world?

@Fallacy Is this good? Since I'm GM, do I decide how rolls/character sheets/etc work? Can following GMs change that?

If I can decide:
 -No character sheets are needed, just an "In" and (optionally) a suggestion. I will design most of each character, for balance/story/i-think-it-makes-things-more-interesting purposes.
 -Dice used is 2d6, with each action having its own difficulty number (sometimes discernable by players) that has to be equalled or exceeded, and skill/tools modify the roll.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 08:40:26 am »

In
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 08:58:56 am »

In, because why not.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 05:48:15 am »

I'll be starting soon. Sometime today/tomorrow to be exact.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying for Nakéen to stay this time (copium)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 07:22:21 am »

In !

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 01:27:35 pm »

In (suggestion for character: a sapient dinosaur skeleton)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 11:51:48 am »

I thought I'd run this for a while before trying to make my own game but then I came across something that immediately made me want to skip to the latter. I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys earlier :(
Money!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 10:26:13 pm »

The current GM may determine game rules and whatnot, subject to the conditions in the OP. If a new GM starts, they may modify the non-OP rules as they wish.

... and now we need a new GM.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 01:12:59 am »

RAPTOR SQUAD

But first I'd like to make a quick wish, I wanted to kind of set the tone during this play session. I would wish that each next game takes some kind of element from the game before it. It could be a gameplay element or could just be a connecting thread of story but I'd like to see at least a little nod to the game that came before...

This is a tactical game, where the only thing that makes you different from any other player(raptor) is your perspective, ability to cooperate plan and communicate effectively, and any wounds you are nursing. Even an injured raptor can still play some part in the hunt.

Since it's been a spell, players will need to re-IN. You will then be PMd your surroundings.

3+ players

Edit: you don't have to be one of the originals to join. As the previous dinosaur game did not start I do not feel any obligation to acknowledge it to be frank.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 03:32:10 pm by roseheart »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 05:23:03 am »

I wish I was In.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 07:29:48 am »

In
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 01:34:41 pm »

In

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2017, 03:33:11 pm »

That's 3. Any more?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2017, 04:10:34 pm »

Well, I granted your wish before you even started as GM...

To put it simply: Each game is played in the world the last game used, unless the world was destroyed or rendered unusable, in which case the world resets. It's stated in the OP(though in a convoluted manner, I think).

Pages: [1] 2 3