Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27

Author Topic: Shadows among the Stars (OOC/Planning/Accepting Character Signups)  (Read 18828 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows among the Stars (Accepting Characters)
« Reply #240 on: June 29, 2017, 08:21:14 am »

Hee hee hee.....

May or may not leave the people inside "intact". Results depend heavily on the user's definition of "intact".
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 29, 2017, 08:24:19 am »

My question is "is the ship still useable/easily repairable?"
EDIT: also, top-of-the-page Discord link.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 29, 2017, 08:32:16 am »

I could probably get my diplomatic spies to steal EMP tech from the empire or republic. Or we could take the legal route and purchase the information from them.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 29, 2017, 08:32:29 am »

Yes but only if it's good enough to warrant stealing.

As in, "Has decently shielded electronics". If it *doesn't*, then we get to collect a lot of scrap after sweeping out the ash, the bodies, and possibly putting out a few fires.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 29, 2017, 08:33:30 am »

Not everyone wants to sign up to discord for one single thing.

////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 29, 2017, 08:38:35 am »

Understood, and I know that some people aren't going to. This thread isn't going to stop being used. But it's an easier way to communicate, especially for those of us that don't or won't have ready access to our computers for a while (part of the reason I thought to make it is that I'm going to be out of town for a week).

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 29, 2017, 08:39:47 am »

All you need to do is download Discord, it isn't a huge pain. Besides, it's just one thing NOW, but soon we'll have you in every Arms Race, just as soon as you get hooked on the lunatic technology. Then you'll be on Discord for many things, all of which share the same insanity, salt, and batch of lunatics.

But anyway, it's definitely worth the small amount of effort. It only takes a minute or two, as I recall. And you don't actually sign up. You just join a server and put in a name. Signing up is an optional thing.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 29, 2017, 08:41:07 am »

And I have at least on other server I can recommend to you, which was also based out of this forum. Order of the Black Arrow, founded by Ryukan.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 29, 2017, 08:41:15 am »

Sorry about what I said. It's just we'll just I feel my suggestions just kept getting the axe for not being feasible, despite some of it already existing now, in favor of stuff for realism that in realit, is even less realistic. Emp guns I approve of. Shut down ship and give suckers at center of blast a deep dose of cancer. Could just do a form of radiation gun like from Gundam, that makes people expose like. Like filed balloons, modified to keep ship intact.

Edit:  No discord ft me phone does not have enough memory for app.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 08:42:51 am by Tyrant Leviathan »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 29, 2017, 08:43:21 am »

Sorry about what I said. It's just we'll just I feel my suggestions just kept getting the axe for not being feasible, despite some of it already existing now, in favor of stuff for realism that in realit, is even less realistic. Emp guns I approve of. Shut down ship and give suckers at center of blast a deep dose of cancer. Could just do a form of radiation gun like from Gundam, that makes people expose like. Like filed balloons, modified to keep ship intact.
I understand. A large part of the problem is that, as TvTropes says, "reality is unrealistic". I don't think it's really anyone's fault, it's just that none of us know everything, let alone what other people know or don't know.

EDIT:
Edit:  No discord ft me phone does not have enough memory for app.
No problem, though just FYI, you can do it through the discord site, at least on your computer. That's what I do, anyway.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 29, 2017, 08:47:40 am »

Radiation is too slow to kill. At best, they'll take 24 hours or more to die. At worst, you have to wait for cancer to do the trick.

Unless you can literally fire off enough radiation to cook the ship into melty bits...which kinda defeats the purpose.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 29, 2017, 08:48:46 am »

The point is the ship itself. We can use other stuff to incapacitate/neutralize/etc the guys inside. Recruit them if possible :D

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 29, 2017, 08:51:25 am »

"Recruit"

TAKE THE CITIZENSHIP TEST....or else.

I think one of our first orders of business is going to be developing a host of tools for boarding actions. Perhaps a blastboat of some kind, capable of attaching to an enemy's hull, and burning it's way in with a plasma torch or similar device.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 29, 2017, 08:53:24 am »

Or the more traditional "Pull up alongside and grapple them", Just throw marines out the airlock and onto their ship while disabling its ability to fight.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 29, 2017, 08:53:34 am »

The neutron.bomb is something that blankets people that epic center kills them instantly.  And fi created bursts can I st flat out kill people and not damage the structure of buuildings (talking about the core of a fallout nuclear power plant like Cheryl obol or spelling because it does.not destroy building but only living ng thing that stays is a fungus. Anyone close enough even in radiation suit dies in moments.)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27