Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 53

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Retromach's Missions]  (Read 29334 times)

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Retromach's Missions]
« Reply #690 on: September 27, 2017, 02:59:43 pm »

"I recommend performing further analysis on this creature," she responded as she tries to do just that while they have a break.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 03:14:22 pm by Cynicalwhovian »

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 28, 2017, 01:31:43 pm »

The reprieve was short lived.

Stella got to work improving the computer model, building a 4d model that for obvious reasons couldn't be displayed on a screen, but that the sensors could read well enough, and could prove valuable for science. It was massive, maybe half the size of the Zarastro, and seemed to be able to move through contact with objects displaced in the fourth dimension. This could have profound implications in the search for dark matter. [Computers 75]

Sertan, meanwhile, fired back at the receding line of Rushers, who were struggling to keep up with the Zarastro. Another hundred of the distant Rushers were cut down, driving back their line to a more comfortable distance. [Lasers 105]

The sword appeared first this time, thrusting upwards into Sertan's back. The creature stepped in behind it, hand on the pommel of its sword to drive the blade in deep, puncturing a lung. [Martial Arts 112, Commando 52]

Tina spun and fired at it, but it was already gone. The shots struck the laser targeting console, leaving cracks and holes in the touchscreen display. [Small Arms 9]

Christian re-engaged the tracking lock after having abandoned it to fire. The Horror Knight stalked along some invisible surface towards Tina, sword over it's shoulder, preparing to step ana and strike. [Sensors 87. Your attacks will resolve before it's do next round.]

The lights and consoles flickering and fading, bathing the cockpit in an eerie light as Sertan wheezed. He'd need help to get to the medical bay just outside the bridge now, and most likely help with the controls. His lungs were filling with fluid, and he won't survive more than another dozen rounds without medical treatment.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 28, 2017, 01:36:47 pm »

"It's headed for Tina!"

Line up a shot on where it will probably appear.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 28, 2017, 02:09:29 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

Tina sees her shots hit the targeting console.
"Sh-shit! Get Sertan out!"
Tina prepares to jump backwards, or to the side, depending on where it appears. So she can then shoot it with her pistols.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 28, 2017, 02:10:39 pm »

“Why...t-the fuck do I always get stabbed.” Sertan lies on the floor trying to lie still and stop the bleeding.
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 28, 2017, 03:02:35 pm »

Stella will also line up a shot with [automatic weapon]. Hopefully it can be disabled so Sertan can get healed safely.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 30, 2017, 01:42:14 pm »

The three of them opened fire. Bullets sparks on bulkheads and embedded themselves deep in the interior walls, missing vital systems and wiring. Christian landed some shots that seemed to impact the armor directly, penetrating it. [Stella 45, Tina 30, Christian 80]

The knight's sword was still in swing as the bullets struck, and it lost it's footing. It made a deep inhuman wail as it passed from the world, who's origin moved from the knight until it was inside each of the team's heads, radiating outwards, loud and nearly unbearable for long seconds. Tina stumbled back against a console, certain that she would never have dodged that strike if the knight hadn't lost balance. [HK 4, Tina 23]

Inky black tendrils hung in the air, seeming to flow without moving.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 01:50:47 pm by retromach »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 30, 2017, 01:44:04 pm »

"Quickly, before it fades all the way!"

Shoot the tendrils.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 01:52:36 pm by milo christiansen »
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 30, 2017, 01:59:13 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

Tina holsters her pistols, and reach forth.
Tina tries to grab and pull the tendrils. Maybe it'll enter this plane on our terms, rather than it's.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 30, 2017, 03:15:08 pm »

Stella frowns, grabbing Sertan and pulling him to the medical unit.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 30, 2017, 11:21:38 pm »

"Hehe can always count on you Stella." Sertan winces in pain as he laughs. "Oww Fuck that hurt, guess this isn't the time for jokes."
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 01, 2017, 07:01:44 pm »

"It would be hypocritical of me to not do so."

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 02, 2017, 02:43:24 pm »

Christian opened fire. A series of bursts from Christian's mag-weapon severed the biological apparition from the rest of it's body. The sound of wailing grew louder, and the limb flails in and out of view, appearing and disappearing around the ship. Black ichor spread over the exploded monitor of the plasma station, droplets apearing in the air and vanishing as they spread ana and kata, a few landing inside Christian's suit, staining black dots onto his face. The sound continued to grow as the ichor poured from cracks and bullet holes in the wall, disappearing to some other place as the rivulets shrank and dissipated. [Christian Natural 100]

Tina grasped at it, able to pull a piece. Whatever it was, it was big, and heavy, and felt like pulling the fin of a whale. A small piece tore away in her hands as the rest of the severed limb fell kata, holding a banana-sized chunk of ichorous flesh. [Martial Arts 50]

Stella brought Sertan to the medical bay, her boots clanking loudly as they magnetically sealed to the deck with every step. She placed him onto a medical bed, and strapped him down, a streak of ichor splaying across the room and vanishing, as the Horror Knight's severed appendage continued to flail wildly in the fourth dimension, leaving an inky stain across the medical console. Stella typed in some commands, and a stitching arm appeared. She commanded it with a pair of joysticks, watching on the stained monitor as they moved into position to begin to suture and drain the lung of fluid. The machine strongly recommended  full anaesthesia, but Stella could ignore it. [Biology 67. Can put Sertan out and guarantee recovery but leave him helpless, or apply a local that may need a second biology check to avoid complications, but would not leave him helpless.]
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 02:49:21 pm by retromach »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 02, 2017, 02:51:18 pm »

"I think that hurt it. Damn, I guess we know who it will be after next. Good job with the sample Tina!"

Scan for the the HK, it will probably be heading for me (or maybe Tina) next, so I can tighten my focus a little (but not so much I miss it if I'm wrong).

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 02, 2017, 02:53:31 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

Tina does a quick checkup on her Alien language, try to say the sounds differently, and put the emphasis on different syllables.
Tina speaks in the alien language, to try and communicate with the creature. They could've gotten it's attention.
In alien language: "Stop or be harmed!"

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 53