Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 53

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Retromach's Missions]  (Read 29354 times)

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Retromach's Missions]
« Reply #585 on: September 10, 2017, 11:24:05 am »

The drones deployed outwards, and Tina performed some basic sweeps and combat maneuvers, getting used to the controls. Simple orbs with embedded RCS thrusters and lasers, they could be used to provide angled supporting fire. The drones berthed safely when she was done.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 10, 2017, 02:16:20 pm »

"I'll take first watch." Sertan will spend their time on watch getting familiar with the weapon controls. After their watch they'll train a bit and afterwards read and listen to music before taking a wuick nap.
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 10, 2017, 03:00:23 pm »

"Hmm... I think I'll take the last watch. It is more importaint for our pilot and gunners to be fully rested than it is for me."

Napping, followed by short sessions on each console. I should make sure I am familiar with the basics just in case.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 10, 2017, 04:24:28 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

"I-I'll take... s-second... or third, then."
Tina goes and straps herself into one of the sleeping bags in the bed closets (can't have sleeping people floating about the ship, after all).
Tina uses her spare time to read up on the layout of the ship. So she wont have to read up on engine capacitor locations while the ship's on fire.
She also watches a few cat videos. Thinking about having Priscilla do such things. Shouldn't be too hard to install cat ears and tail on her.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 11, 2017, 03:15:11 pm »

It was a dull voyage, and everyone did their best not to talk to one another. Breakfast was served a little before the asteroid field came into sensor range. It should be well outside of the range of the rusher force. The ship would cross it here, heading outwards into space, then cross it again, diving at high velocity towards where the rushers were spread.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 11, 2017, 03:25:05 pm »

"Well, is everyone ready for a day of fun and excitement?" Christian says in an ironic tone.

He leans forward and becomes much more serious. "Just so we are all on the same page, I will be refining targeting solutions on whatever is the biggest threat at the moment and feeding them to the weapons consoles. If you have something in your sights and want better targeting data on it sing out and I will do my best to provide. Hopefully this goes down without any real trouble, but I am ready and fully equipped just in case."
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 11, 2017, 03:38:45 pm »

"Yeah alright dude, let's just get this over with." Sertan says not even looking up.
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 11, 2017, 05:10:04 pm »

Stella would have taken the third watch, and would have spent her time experimenting with(but not executing) various maneuver plans and seeing how the ship's computer predicted their courses.

"I recommend performing a scan," she said, checking whatever passive instrumentation was relevant.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 11, 2017, 05:13:56 pm »

"I'll get right on that."

Christian quickly finishes his food and floats his way to the bridge, and his sensor station. The belt may still be out of range, but he can at least get the sensors warmed up and ready for when they reach the edge.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 11, 2017, 05:23:52 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

Tina thinks for a moment. Trying to think of what drones can do, which the other systems cannot.
"I can... flank, with the drones. Flush them out, and into view of the ship guns. I can also suppress them, if we need any maneuvers."
Tina goes to the bridge.
"I... I'll help."
Tina assists in scanning.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 11, 2017, 05:28:52 pm »

"Ahh, welcome, welcome. These first scans will be the most important, so I can use all the help I can get."

Start running a scan just before we get in range and keep it going as long as I can. I don't want to miss anything.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 12, 2017, 02:46:20 am »

Christian scanned the asteroid field as you crossed it, though Stella's burn still showed a full day before contact with hostiles. He detected substantial deposits of erbium and yttrium, both important elements in the construction of lasers, along with substantial volumes of terbium, an important mineral in sensor production, collectively composing nearly 1% of the belt's contents. He also found substantial titanium, nickel, iron, and other minerals likely not valuable enough to be worth shipping through the gate, accounting for another 32%. Akras will be pleased to have detailed scans like this showing such tremendous capacity for military-industrial applications in the system. [Sensors 91]

Transit took just seconds as the ship whizzed by the field. It would be a day before the castle aliens 'caught up' with their current position. It could be accelerated with a retrograde burn, but it would increase the difficulty of plotting a return course.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 12, 2017, 05:02:29 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

"H-huh, that's... wow. With this amount of raw resources... we could make a good refinery on the station. Maybe even a factory."
Tina runs some simulations and calculations.
Tina tries to find good asteroids to act as the hull to mining and refinery stations. Saving time and resources otherwise used for creating armor and structure.
"Transporting raw resources... even within system, takes time and fuel. S-so... refining the material on site could be better."
Tina also makes some simple mining and refining station designs.

Hubs are dug into the asteroid, they handle management.
Security is on top of the Hubs, to shield it from direct hits, they handle defense and communication.
Hangars are dug in around the Hubs, to ship out refined resources, but can also act as repair and resupply facilities for other ships.
Industrial is everywhere else, and have their own power plants, refineries, and facilities for mining drones.
Due to not dealing with interference, there are no easy ways to disconnect parts of the station.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 12, 2017, 06:30:59 am »

Stella will probably not burn retrograde. We hopefully have more than enough supplies, which she confirms (or denies) with some quick calculations. It's better to be methodical instead of rushed on patrols.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 12, 2017, 09:35:09 am »

"Hey, thanks for the help Tina. I'm not sure I could identify all that stuff as easilly on my own. Hmm... I wonder if we can plot a return course parallel to the belt? We could probably get a lot more scans that way without spending too much extra time..."
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 53