Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 53

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Retromach's Missions]  (Read 29355 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Retromach's Missions]
« Reply #555 on: September 07, 2017, 06:13:36 pm »

((Well, I assumed the materials needed to be brought through, as mining hasn't really started on this side yet. Or has it? Doesn't really matter...))
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 07, 2017, 08:06:49 pm »

Ms. Murdoch's rail design is working robustly enough, and large quantities of refined materials have been moving here from ore processing on Mars. The station is developed and ready to begin asteroid mining, with it's own refineries ready to extract a variety of precious and semi-precious resources. All it needs is to have hostiles cleared.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 07, 2017, 10:20:17 pm »

Spoiler: Gear (click to show/hide)

Stella gives a simple nod back, surveying various bits and bobs in the station.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 08, 2017, 01:18:22 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

"H-hi..."
Tina waves awkwardly, before making sure her stuff is fitted properly.

Spoiler: Gear (click to show/hide)

((Remember that you'll be inside the ship for this mission, so you shouldn't be fully geared up.
If you have to, there's always the armory.))
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 08, 2017, 12:17:10 pm »

It's still common practice to wear space suits on high-risk missions like asteroid mining and combat, though freighters and transports never bother with them anymore. It's up to you if you want to follow that practice but it has been recommended.

The station is small, and there's no gravity in the docking section, only in the spinning crew section. It's not far from where the train arrives to your ship. You stop as the tracks turn aside to a cargo bay, and follow a short passage down.

Onboard the Zarastro, there are two bunkrooms with four astronaut beds each, an engineering room, a small medical bay with two medbeds, a mess hall with a small exercise and relaxation area, and a bridge. Patrol missions can run a week or two at a time, and these are designed to serve as adequate living accommodations until then.

There were two tactical stations on the bridge, a primary and an auxiliary, that each allowed full weapons control. There was a command seat, and a sensor station, as well as an engineering console. They hadn't bothered with a ring for artificial gravity, likely too difficult to armor, so you'd be floating for the next week or so.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 08, 2017, 12:38:33 pm »

"Well, I know where my station is."

((OK, I assume we are in zero G at the moment?))

Christan pushes off the door frame, and heads to the sensor station, grabbing the seat back, and pulling himself into place. As soon as he is seated, he straps himself in and starts running a systems check.

EDIT: i'm wearing the suit, but carrying the helmet. When I sit down I'll strap it to the side of the seat where I can reach it in an emergency.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 02:42:00 pm by milo christiansen »
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 08, 2017, 12:43:16 pm »

"I'll be making my way to the primary tactical station. Stella I believe you're our pilot for the mission, correct?"
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 08, 2017, 01:17:45 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

Tina's wearing the full space suit, It helps her concentrate, knowing nobody can see her face.
"I'll take... engineering, since I'm... e-engineer."
Tina walks up to the engineering station on board the Zarastro, and takes a seat.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 08, 2017, 04:41:08 pm »

The ship was prepped and ready to go. The docking clamps released, and you were propelled away from the station by magnetic forces.

The new sensors on the ship had been installed, and showed dark tendrils reaching out from the gateroom. Engineering had analyzed the logs from Priscilla, the first intact drone to be returned from a strong effect from a Castle Field, and were able to calibrate a sensor to detect them. They looked ominous as they snaked and probed outwards like a corona, a few extra reaching towards the station and the ship. A cargo pod flew through with food supplies for the station, and the tendrils reacted violently, tearing and trying to grab at it.

System checks came back clear. Standing by to have a course laid in with Astrophysics.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 08, 2017, 04:45:29 pm »

"Sensors ready, I'm not reading hostiles, but the gate is shooting off really weird tendrils of ... something.This is some really weird shit."

Are any tendrils reaching for anything not nearby, like say twords areas rushers may be hidden? That may be a good indicator of places to look if so.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 08, 2017, 04:46:30 pm »

They didn't get far from the gateroom, and the station was built ten times their reach away. But the sensors could still detect them. They were signals, you knew. Alien signals. Though they didn't behave like electromagnetic signals do.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 08, 2017, 04:48:02 pm »

So are any of these signals pointing at rubble or asteroid clusters?

Edit: I will record the direction of all tendrils that point the way we are heading, just in case. Almost certainly worthless, but you never know, it may have some tactical use.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 10:37:17 pm by milo christiansen »

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 08, 2017, 04:48:45 pm »

Stella takes a seat in the pilot station, booting up any relevant system that weren't on already. Is the patrol route marked?

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 08, 2017, 04:59:05 pm »

Sertan sits in the primary tactical station and gets the weapon systems ready.
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 08, 2017, 05:16:43 pm »

Stella has the station's orbit trajectory around the star, and a point on the asteroid field. She'll have to roll astrophysics to use the UI to calculate a burn. Just pointing at something and burning the engines in space doesn't get you to it unless you were really close already.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 53