Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 53

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Retromach's Missions]  (Read 29380 times)

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Retromach's Missions]
« Reply #390 on: August 07, 2017, 01:37:17 pm »

Tina spent a few days working out the details of the rail delivery system on this end, suspending cargo cars so they can motor or be dragged along by workers. The final section was retractable, pulling away while the gates three rings spun up and created the gateway, then extending once the gates stopped in their usual telescopic positions. [Engineering 65 - success, workable]

The drone extended wheels at the base of legs, holding near the hallway's ceiling. It moved slowly, leaving a solid line of steel behind it, a single piece cast and printed seamlessly without rivets or welds to fail, with micrometer precision. After a day of work, the team likely meets up with Tina as she and Priscilla do tests on the rail extension bridge, pressing it in to an active gate area, and withdrawing it. [63 - success]

Tensile pressure is high, but the steel should hold. Anything moving along it should be pulled in easily enough when the gate is active. The receiving station still needed to be built and tested, but if there was nothing else that the team could think to do, the bomb could be delivered this way.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 02:04:46 pm by retromach »

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 08, 2017, 05:59:43 pm »

"How often will that drone's steel supply have to be reloaded?" Stella asks, not really an expert on drone logistics.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 08, 2017, 07:50:58 pm »

"So when do we blow stuff up?"
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 08, 2017, 10:58:54 pm »

Mr. Carmine brought up a cart, and it stopped. "This is the bomb. I can dial it up and send it through whenever you'd like."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 09, 2017, 10:18:33 am »

[Tina Murdoch + Priscilla]

"I expect to refill it 3 times per hour... but I can refill it while it works. Instead of... driving it... b-back and forth."
Tina has Priscilla carry several steel packs.
"These weigh... a ton, so don't try... lifting them. In gravity."

Then the bomb comes up.
"W-well... a-are you ready? We'll go in after the bomb has cleared the gate room on the fa-far side. It should... destroy any combatants... watching the gate, but... the gate is sturdy."
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 09, 2017, 01:32:45 pm »

Carmine nodded. "It survived a collision that Mr. Boiy tracked as two hundred meters per second, well enough to receive a call. The plasma device has been set so that it shouldn't be able to melt rock, but it did scatter some of the sample material the team worked with. I'll dial it up now."

He walked to the dais and began to speak in the alien tongue, gesture, and shift, operating the curious dance required to activate the gate.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 09, 2017, 02:09:37 pm »

Sertan does one final weapons check and gets ready to enter the gate once given the all clear."I must say I am pretty curious as to what the castle will look like now."

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 09, 2017, 07:05:28 pm »

The gate opened, and the bomb was pushed through. Carmine shifted his stance, closing it, then started again, to make sure the bomb hadn't destroyed the far gate. A moment later, it was open. A laser turret was packed up and available, along with a Gauss, a demolition kit, and an autodoc.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 07:07:44 pm by retromach »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 11, 2017, 02:12:16 pm »

[Tina Murdoch + Priscilla]

Tina puts Priscilla in a spacesuit (because extra armor), in addition to one of her own, and grabs a shotgun for herself.
She'll wait with giving Priscilla the shotty until she's gotten her online on the other side.
Tina grabs two pistols. Because she assumes they'll be useful in the slightest.
"Hm... I'll take, this."
Tina grabs the autodoc.

Tina's ready to step through, but she doesn't want to be the first through. She's no fighter.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 02:16:45 pm by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 11, 2017, 02:26:02 pm »

Shotguns did still exist for riot control, and at Tina's request, one was fetched from security. Not considered a weapon of war since the 1930s, the shotgun might be worth testing on rushers, as they seem to sometimes be liquid.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 11, 2017, 04:02:09 pm »

Sertan looks to Tina and  Priscilla and nods,"I'm Sertan by the way." Sertan steps through the gate eager to see the castle he just left.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 11, 2017, 04:12:53 pm »

Boiy goes through the gate a bit more cautious then the last time
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 12, 2017, 01:52:19 pm »

The gate pulled you in as you approached, hurtling you through it. The world seemed to spin, and you were dizzy as you arrived, stepping through into the gate room. A field of stars filled the entrance door where once there'd been a hallway moving sideways. They moved swiftly across the hole, but you were given little time to think it over as alien rushers began to pour through, climbing in from the surface of the gate room.

You still felt like the room was spinning.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 12, 2017, 01:56:22 pm »

"The colliosion might have put the station into a constant spinning motion" Boiy says while getting his gun ready
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 12, 2017, 01:58:15 pm »

"Set up the laser turret," Stella commanded, having taken her Gauss. She waits for multiple rushers to be in the trajectory of her Gauss before firing at them.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 53