Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 53

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Retromach's Missions]  (Read 29378 times)

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Retromach's Missions]
« Reply #345 on: July 24, 2017, 02:04:48 pm »

Cross and Loi move up to either side of the hole, spraying fire towards the armored creature stalking towards their allies in arms. Their shots deflect meaninglessly off of the thickest parts of it's armor as it raises it's sword. [37 - mild failure]

De Castillo fought, swinging his weapon wide, keeping the creatures back and focused on them as the others lined up their shots, firing towards the armored figure. [47 - moderate success. Rushers: 54, success]

Stella's shots rang the creature's armor, turning it's attention towards her as Sertan raised his gun, firing into the weaker armor on the creature's side. Grey melted in towards the deck. [79 - strong success, vs Horror Knight 38 mild failure]

The wounded knight swung his sword furiously, but Ricardo caught it with the edge of a thick combat knife, forcing it into the deck, where it carved a hole into the floor. [Knight/Rushers 30, Martial Arts Defense 68, Ricardo won the roll-off]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 04:42:39 pm by retromach »

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 24, 2017, 02:06:52 pm »

Shifting into a more comfortable firing position, not worrying about using cover anymore as the "things" in the room don't have firearms, Danh continues firing at the Knight from the hole, same as last time.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 24, 2017, 02:15:06 pm »

Vigil clamped the autodoc in place. Stella's suit was sealed, and she felt a pressure and headache fade that she'd somehow not noticed yet. The screen lit up with jagged swashes of acid-melted flesh, including organ damage. It's all he can do to set the system to provide life support and painkillers, though with any luck the device's stores should keep her alive for a day or so. Stella's going to need a replacement organ when she gets back. [61 - success. Stella is stabilized, and while on painkillers rolls a d50 as her main dice.]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 02:20:07 pm by retromach »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #348 on: July 24, 2017, 04:46:03 pm »

Ricardo, having deflected the sword into the floor with his bowie (he ditched his guandao earlier), strikes out into the gaps in the plate-mail of the HK with the long blade of the dirk, keeping an eye out for any counterattacks. There should be a gap in the armpit.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 25, 2017, 06:22:01 am »

"The thing has weaker armor on it's side. Focus fire and let's kill these damn things."Sertan says over comms as he continues to cover Vigil and Stella. "Vigil give me an update on how Stella, how's she doing?"
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 25, 2017, 04:00:09 pm »

Stella's expression doesn't change all that much, although the grit in her teeth lessens somewhat. May as well waste PDW ammo if she's gonna keep shooting as opposed to the more expensive Gauss rifle. Tungsten ain't cheap. Given that the large guy was engaged in melee now, she shoots at any remaining small ones.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 27, 2017, 09:18:40 pm »

Sertan and his team continued to fire, the immediate threat gone their shots filled the room. Creatures exploded back silently into globules of goo which splattered the far walls. Sertan ordered and directed fire, blasting apart one of the creatures' heads. [Combined fire 74, combined defense 6, Sertan won the rolloff]

Ricardo brought his blade up into the creature's side, but couldn't find a hole in the armor. The two turned slowly, neither gaining purchase to strike the other. The knight's back turned to the rest of the party. [Ricardo 31, HK 7]

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 27, 2017, 09:28:53 pm »

It's back is turned? Then attack in turn. Time it with Ricardo's blow to maximize effectiveness.
Aim for the legs.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 06:13:26 am by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 27, 2017, 10:48:32 pm »

Danh isn't going to try any dumbass hero bullshit. If you have something that works, do that.
He continues firing at the creatures.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #354 on: July 28, 2017, 01:14:20 am »

Ricardo grins and takes a step back and to the side so that any overpenetrating friendly fire would miss him. "Stay just out of range, Vigil. Only join in if I need you to."
He throws the dirk at the helmet, not intending to do any real damage, moreso to occupy his attention and annoy the Horror Knight. He draws a Kukri with his now-free hand.

Ricardo waits just beyond striking distance with his two knives. When or if the Knight goes to attack him, Ricardo will step back and dodge the blow before going in close and stabbing at any exposed joints with the Bowie, reserving the kukri for deflecting the Knight's weapon. After a single stab, Ricardo would jump back, regardless if his strike had connected or not.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 28, 2017, 08:37:34 pm »

With the last of the figures cut down, the final battle went quickly enough. Vigil and Ricardo battered it with their weapons, seeming to do little to it but keep it off balance as a hail of fire descended upon it. Sertan took the final shots, knocking free the badly broken helmet, which landed with a burst of inert grey fluid. [HK 51 to martial arts, martial arts team 82. Fireteam 83, HK 32. Sertan won the rolloff.]

Engineering was once again empty of hostiles, albeit there were a few broken parts. Who knows what else might lurk behind the purpose of each.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 08:42:15 pm by retromach »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 28, 2017, 08:42:45 pm »

Ok, how much time do we have left until the astroid hits?
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 28, 2017, 08:45:58 pm »

About an hour. Practically speaking, one more chance at each task (saving the station and escaping it), though each will be led by a different archaeologist.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 08:53:41 pm by retromach »

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 28, 2017, 08:49:31 pm »

"Continue attempts to repair the engineering section. Those were likely security components and not critical components. However, they expended much of our time." She stretches somewhat, although she minds the repairs in her suit.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 28, 2017, 08:53:19 pm »

"Right, what she said. By the way, I have to get back down there. I don't know about you Ricardo, but Stella's condition and only an hour left to go gives me new reason to want to find a way back to Earth." Vigil will rush off, leaving Stella hooked up to her new life support.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 53