Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37

Author Topic: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread  (Read 38349 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 08:10:00 am »

Hum, alright, that seems to imply that the transport capacity of a ship is used up by any amount of use, so it probably wouldn't be possible to embark say, 2 units onto a Trireme, move it one ocean square, disembark those two units, move another ocean square, embark 2 more units, move a ocean square, and then disembark two units?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 08:12:45 am »

I suppose you could do it that way, but we'd have to think of a reason why the defenders wouldn't go and fight the first two units before the reinforcements get there.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 08:15:26 am »

Hum. That would open up a really weird thing where attacking directly across a strait on ships is less good then attacking a few squares away... Idk, maybe make it so that disembarking takes a square of movement from the transport but you can do it as many times as you have move in a turn? That way you could use a ship to islandhop 6 units on a Trireme, using up all it's movement, and larger armies need larger transports? Or even also a square to embark, which would bring it down to merely 2 units per turn still for the trireme (4 units if you prepped last turn), but faster ships will be able to do multiple invasions across a strait per turn?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 08:18:13 am by Criptfeind »

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2017, 10:13:21 am »

The Kingdom of the Corax states that north steel unsurprisingly has heavy swordsmen.
We also state that we distrust the "Central Empire" and their purple cloaks.
Further we are interested in maintaining friendly relations with nearby major powers and peaceful powers irregardless of distance.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2017, 11:02:39 am »

Hum. That would open up a really weird thing where attacking directly across a strait on ships is less good then attacking a few squares away... Idk, maybe make it so that disembarking takes a square of movement from the transport but you can do it as many times as you have move in a turn? That way you could use a ship to islandhop 6 units on a Trireme, using up all it's movement, and larger armies need larger transports? Or even also a square to embark, which would bring it down to merely 2 units per turn still for the trireme (4 units if you prepped last turn), but faster ships will be able to do multiple invasions across a strait per turn?

I'll have to think on it, as that doesn't mesh with the current method of having to move the transport into the coastal territory.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2017, 11:06:36 am »

Right. If you have to move the ship into the coastal square even if you're not attacking with it (or rather, then you would be attacking with it, but you have no choice whether or not to attack with it) then that solves the issue because the ships going to be stuck in that territory until the battle resolves. I thought that wasn't the case, cuz if it was it wouldn't be possible to do the multiple group rotation shipping thing I asked about earlier.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2017, 03:49:39 pm »

@Nirur Torir, from what I understand there has been a massage that I haven't noticed and I'm sorry for that. Would you mind reposting it cause I still can't find it.
It was this, aimed at both you and Khan.

Quote from:  Khan Boyzitbig
I would also like to point out publicly that I have only now actually sent any messages to any other realm but the Kingdom of Yorturim. I also hadn't responded to the message from Pollock because I was wondering how I would make use of such an offer and whether I would at all. Quite happy with what land I have.
I'm sorry about that. When this started, I had you both mentally sorted as "The northerners who are probably going to work closely together to get land on the mainland." Then I tried to figure out how quickly I could take the entire coast and fortify it better than the NPCs, due to how easy it used to be to cross that sea. It was pretty hard, and then the paranoia started feeding into itself.

A new day, a clearer head, and the realization that that would definitely not be an easy campaign for you, even if you went for it. There's really no need for every zone to be able to repel invaders by itself. Snow Dwarf, Khan Boyzitbig, I'm back to willing to let you split Villvale (and Grok East, if you both want land there, for a 4/2 or 3/3 split), and I'm take the easier provinces and sell them to you for a few hundred so you don't need to buy boats and deal with a hostile landing. Just .. after I have time to get a few defenders up.

And here I was hoping to incite some sort of fantasy race war. Back to the drawing board I suppose :P
You could add in some economic rivalry .. wonders, powerful entities giving quests for either artifacts (acting as transferable hero promotions?) or some sort of god buff only available to one side at a time. Maybe something like demons offering deals, which reward greatly if only one person accepts, but cause terrible damage if too many go for them or if we discuss them.

EDIT: actually does anyone have long-term (i.e. more than 15 turns) plans? Obviously I'm not asking for you to reveal them but I'm just curious if anyone else has one.
Mostly just the types of magic I'm pursing. I'll invent technology with elemental magics and enchantment.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2017, 04:38:48 pm »

Spoiler: Letter to Brimstone (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Letter to Corax (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Letter to Yorturim (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Letter to Revakn (click to show/hide)

Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2017, 05:15:00 pm »

I understand your paranoia Nirur, It is much the same reasoning as to my constant garrison of my capital with the best of my ability.
I would far sooner trade with Pollock than see you and you people as enemies, if you eventually offer to sell land I will probably accept, even the least valuable part of villvale is better than most of the northern lands.

As for a 15 turn plan, well, I will publicly state that such a plan predominantly contains strengthening my lands and establishing trade with those who are willing to trade also. I shall invest in a navy, lest pirates ruin all our plans.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2017, 05:27:49 pm »

I'm totally up for a race war with any motherfuckers who won't accept our entirely reasonable pork and bacon alternatives (will require us to capture some lizardmen first) once we have them.  It's pretty much my nation's brief.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2017, 05:29:07 pm »

...Pollock and pork in a race war to eat one another.

Pass the popcorn, that's going to be hilarious! And the winner won't need to worry about food so much.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2017, 05:31:07 pm »

Salamanders are amphibians, not lizards, and I can't be bothered to march troops that far anyway, so ...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2017, 08:24:43 pm »

Question: Is it okay to eat pig people if you also eat all types of people? You know, so long as it's not discrimination?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2017, 02:03:08 am »

Funnily enough, that's an accurate description of our solution to the pork problem.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2017, 06:53:16 am »

So what type of pig people are you?
Spoiler: Sorta like this? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Or more like this? (click to show/hide)
Just you know, to help me get the visual stuck in my mind.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37