Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Divinity (IC Thread) - Summer, Year 1  (Read 8892 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Divinity (IC Thread) - Spring, Year 1
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2017, 05:45:22 pm »

As a final act for the season, Pellapnia appears to the Elder that night in his sleep.

"You have done well, Elder. Take care of the Sheep for the coming seasons and they will produce valuable wool for your people. You have my blessings."
Black lives matter.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2017, 06:11:54 pm »

As a final act for the season, Pellapnia appears to the Elder that night in his sleep.

"You have done well, Elder. Take care of the Sheep for the coming seasons and they will produce valuable wool for your people. You have my blessings."
As the elder sleeps soundly inside of her tent, you appear within her dreams.

Your words fill her heart with joy, and she swears to take care of the sheep when they return to the village with her people. She thanks you repeatedly as she begins to awake and you depart her.

This season's work done, you step away from the pool and begin planning your next moves.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2017, 02:44:24 am »

Use various minor omens to arrange for my hero to become a hunter, and then rest for the season to observe her progress.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divinity (IC Thread) - Summer, Year 1
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2017, 06:04:16 am »

Use various minor omens to arrange for my hero to become a hunter, and then rest for the season to observe her progress.
*roll*
You intended to ensure your hero's place on the hunting parties, but are pleasantly surprised to find that she has already done so herself.

The day you spoke to her had changed her to the core; her new ambitions drove her to work harder than she had ever before. She was stronger both mentally and physically, and these rapid changes caught the interest of the strongest of your hunters. He was in charge of assembling and leading the hunting parties that headed south into the mountains for a dangerous, but profitable hunt. Thousands of birds roost in the cliffs and crevices of this mountain, meaning the hunt would almost always come back with bountiful supplies of bird meat and eggs. These cliffs, bountiful as they are, attract other predators as well: Bears, wolves, cougars, and a countless number of snakes and lizards prowl the hillside. Only the strongest of your tribe goes there, and your hero is one of them.

They have come back from one hunt successfully already, and she is quickly gaining admirers within your tribe.

Year 1: Spring -> Summer
Endion rests, waiting to act again until the next season. Presumably his tribe masters woodcutting in the meantime.
The Zekki Zakki had been busy for the remainder of the spring.
Firstly, the shrine to the copper you gifted your people has been completed. You will gain addition belief from the village.
Secondly, your people are now adept at crafting the axe design you gave them, and axes are now widespread across your tribe. Aside from the obvious use in woodcutting, hunters have begun using much lighter ones with shorter handles and blades for personal defense and throwing purposes. The Zekki Zakki have learned: Axe Throwing and Primitive Axes (Weapon)
Thirdly, they have actively begun logging in the forest closest to your village. By the end of the season, they had gathered a rather large stockpile of seven to nine meter long logs. Though they currently use the logs almost exclusively for fuel for the fire, a discussion has begun among the village's crafters about trying to build what they describe as a 'better tent'. They will need more time to figure out the exact details of such a thing, though you may be able to expedite the process. The Zekki Zakki have learned logging, and will gather a large supply of structure grade wood each season.
And Finally, their down time was spent growing the village, general gathering of supplies, and idle celebration of you. Your village's population has grown by ten.

You feel fairly restored as summer arrives.

Rest for a while to restore my energy
The Lotus Tribe continued to build up food stores and gather supplies for the remainder of the season.
Firstly, the infused foods don't seem to be having any effect on the villagers thus far. The seeds of some of your infused fruits have been spread via several means, and only time will tell whether this generation's offspring will be useful or not.
Finally, your tribe focused mostly on storing food and gathering supplies over the remainder of the spring. Your village's population did not grow this season.

curses. I should of told them about my plans. Guess I'll wait until next season.
The Snowborn had a lot of growth this season.
Firstly, the tournament ends, and the bow is awarded to an archer prodigy. He was by far and large the best archer of all of your villagers, and now, wielding Frost's Menace, he leads several hunts and trains the young in the ways of the bow. Your villagers as a whole now use bows for sport, hunting and defense, and the best of your villagers have become fairly skilled archers. The Snowborn learn Archery.
Finally, the use of bows has made hunting much more efficient, and caused your village to grow faster. Your village's population has grown by twenty.

The Niaci added non-human members to the tribe this season.
Firstly, the group which had been sent out to find the sheep found them after a two day journey. The herd was six individuals large, four female and two male, and very weary of your villagers at first. With time and ample gifts of food, they were willing to approach and be handled by your villagers. They tied each sheep with a rough leash, and set off back home. Six days after leaving, the party returns with your gift in tow. The sheep are currently kept inside of a rough pen near the center of your village. Each sheep has been sheared, generating roughly ten cubic meters of wool. They have not yet used this wool for any special purpose. The Niaci have learned: Basic Animal Husbandry and Shearing. They now have a herd of sheep which will grow by one individual per season as long as food is supplied. They can be sheared once a season.
Finally, Supplying six days worth of food for both the party that went to get the sheep, and the sheep themselves, caused your growth to slow for a portion of the season. Your village's population has grown by five.

Firstly, your hero's influence didn't grow very much this season. She has admirers among the hunters, but the majority of the village do not know her well and have little interest to find out more. She will have to do more if she is to become more influential.
Finally, the mountain hunting party has been so successful that your village's food stores have been bursting. Your village's population has grown by 35.

As the days grow longer, the Throne of the World's formerly white abyss has begun to change into a very light pink. It strikes you now that this realm must correspond with the seasons, and perhaps even be their cause. The plane you exist on is full of mysteries, which concerns you.

Your people again await your guidance.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2017, 06:50:37 am »

See if my people are farming
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2017, 05:27:45 pm »

lets start by looking around our tribe this season. What are they lacking to grow quickly aside from food? Also, how are the animals this season?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2017, 12:42:04 am »

See if my people are farming
You quickly cast your gaze across your village, searching for early signs of agriculture.

Your people do not currently have any understanding of the systems which contribute to the growth of plants. They understand that plants grow after time, but do not understand how. All the plant life they consume is foraged.

lets start by looking around our tribe this season. What are they lacking to grow quickly aside from food? Also, how are the animals this season?
You ponder the factors limiting your people's growth, and narrow it to two: Time and Food. Supplies of these currently exist in an inverse relationship; you have to spend time to gain food, and you gain less food if you decide to gain more time.

Pondering this problem, you again cast your gaze on the wilds around your village.

*roll*
Two species catch your interest.

Firstly, a small canine relative which you have deemed 'Foxes'. They are very intelligent creatures, capable of long term memory and basic arithmetic. While not physically powerful, they make up for it amply with speed and stealth.
Secondly, a species of raptor, which you have named 'Owl'. These nocturnal creatures come equipped with eyesight better than that of your tribesman, razor sharp claws, and the reflexes to match. These smart, vicious hunters could be trained to assist your villagers.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2017, 01:01:47 am »

Pellapnia examines her tribe once more.
Black lives matter.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2017, 01:02:39 am »

A shame the wolves aren't about anymore, but owls will make a good substitute. Find the most animal loving member of my tribe, and commune with both them and the archer prodigy. Tell them about the owls, and help them tame some for hunting and scouting.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2017, 05:48:23 am »

"Well then"
Makes a scroll with moving pictures how to farm and sends it to the shamans hut
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2017, 09:21:02 am »

Endion turns his eyes to the pool, checking to see if his people are farming. The answer's probably no. If the answer's no, Endion speaks through the bonfire once more.

"Greetings, tribe of Zekki Zakki. I have heard your discussion of dwellings made of wood. I have some input of my own to add here. They are definitely possible." Project images of log cabins, longhouses, and other wooden buildings into the fire. "They have many benefits. Buildings of wood resist the elements better than tents, are more sturdy in general, can be made larger than tents by many degrees... however, they have one main drawback. They are not portable, unlike a tent, and as such, if the tribe needs to migrate, they cannot bring the wooden buildings with them. There is a solution for this problem, but it does not make the wooden buildings portable, rather, it removes the need, for the most part, for migration by providing a stable food source. This solution is called agriculture."

"As creatures grow through food and water, so do plants. Plants take in water from their roots for drink and sunlight and air through their leaves for food, and thus they grow. Most plants start from a seed, a baby plant, which grows within the earth, if watered, into a plant." Display an animation in the fire of a man taking a seed, planting it in the earth, then watering it. This repeats several times, with the rate of the animation being sped up, until the corn plant finishes growing, at which point the man takes the corn off the stalk, saves several of the corn kernels, cooks the remaining corn, and eats it. The man waits some time, then replants the kernels, which grow into more corn plants... This cycle repeats several time, each time the size of the farm grows.

"Agriculture takes large amounts of time to bear results. This is compensated for by the fact that the products of agriculture, the grains at least, keep very well, taking a long while to become inedible if kept properly. Any questions?"
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2017, 04:28:12 pm »

Pellapnia examines her tribe once more.
Now rested, you look down upon the Niaci once more.

The tribe still seems rather ecstatic from the addition of the sheep, in no small part due to the visions you had shown them. The sheep are fed twice a day, and are now remarkably docile and friendly toward your villagers.
Other than this,the tribe continues much as it always has, with a focus on the gathering of food and supplies. The suggestion of creating a rudimentary mattress seems to have been forgotten amidst all the excitement which accompanied the sheep.

A shame the wolves aren't about anymore, but owls will make a good substitute. Find the most animal loving member of my tribe, and commune with both them and the archer prodigy. Tell them about the owls, and help them tame some for hunting and scouting.
That night, as most of The Snowborn sleep, you appear before the archer prodigy and a young woman simultaneously. They awake within a deep blizzard, where the only light beams off of your body as a guide for them. When they arrive, they drop to their knees, grateful for your appearance. You begin to tell them of the owls, how intelligent and ferocious they are, and how they can be of great use to the village as a whole. You tell them both that as soon as they awake, they are to head out into the plains with an offering of meat, and you will guide them from there. You bid them farewell, and they awake.

The two gather their supplies and set off into the plains beneath the light of the moon. After sometime, they arrive at the area you depicted: sparse trees stand erect amidst thousands of holes in the ground. These holes belong to a species you have deemed "Groundhog": small, stupid rodents which happen to be a favourite of the owl.

*roll*
Within one of the trees, your prodigy's trained eyes spot a reflection of the moon for a brief second before the creature springs into flight. Startled, he nocks an arrow and prepares to fire, but stops himself as he witnesses the creature's graceful dive upon a groundhog which he had yet to see. In a few brief moments, the owl had scooped the creature up and returned to its perch. This must have been the animal you had spoken about, they reasoned.

You decide now to intervene. You insert yourself within the owl's head and mark the two humans the same way the owl would mark its young. It now views them not as a threat, but as a hatchling in need of its mother. It quickly takes flight and heads toward the two people, landing gracefully upon the ground before them.

*roll*
The young female hesitantly extends a small piece of meat towards the owl, which it happily eats. It seems to take a moment to ponder the gift before taking flight again, circling just above the pair's head, hooting loudly. It seems to bid them to follow, and your people comply, setting off after it within the twilight. After a short walk, it perches within a small tree, and hoots again at the two, bidding them up. Your prodigy swiftly climbs the small tree, and is startled to find the owl nuzzling three large eggs. He gently wraps these eggs within a leather hide, which he cradles like a baby as he descends the tree. The owl finds a perch atop Frost's Menace as the trio sets back off towards town.

"Well then"
Makes a scroll with moving pictures how to farm and sends it to the shamans hut
Within the heavens, you begin to envision a scroll with pictures which move, shifting from scene to scene to show a full story. Once you are satisfied with this scroll, your project your power down through the heavens, forcing the scroll into being, and placing it before your shaman's hut. The noise which accompanied such brute force of your power draws him outside.

*roll*
The shaman lifts the scroll and opens it, and stares in amazement as new images form to replace the old every few moments. It starts with a seed, an object he recognizes from the fruits they commonly eat, being placed within the dirt. The next image shows a man giving it water from his water skin, followed by the plant beginning to sprout. The next image shows a fully grown plant, with a fruit growing on top of it. Finally, a man comes and takes the fruit, eats it, and then replants the seed. The scroll repeats over and over again. Your shaman immediately sends a small group out to bring back a few of these fruits, and when they do, he splits them in half and extracts the seeds. He plants them next to his tent, and instructs the rest of the tribe to do the same when they eat fruits and vegetables. He then orders your finest crafters to begin construction of a case for the scroll, which will become an heirloom for the clan.

The act of creating the scroll from nothing leaves you feeling rather drained.
The Lotus Tribe has learned basic agriculture. They will need time to refine the science if they are to do so on their own.

Endion turns his eyes to the pool, checking to see if his people are farming. The answer's probably no. If the answer's no, Endion speaks through the bonfire once more.

"Greetings, tribe of Zekki Zakki. I have heard your discussion of dwellings made of wood. I have some input of my own to add here. They are definitely possible." Project images of log cabins, longhouses, and other wooden buildings into the fire. "They have many benefits. Buildings of wood resist the elements better than tents, are more sturdy in general, can be made larger than tents by many degrees... however, they have one main drawback. They are not portable, unlike a tent, and as such, if the tribe needs to migrate, they cannot bring the wooden buildings with them. There is a solution for this problem, but it does not make the wooden buildings portable, rather, it removes the need, for the most part, for migration by providing a stable food source. This solution is called agriculture."

"As creatures grow through food and water, so do plants. Plants take in water from their roots for drink and sunlight and air through their leaves for food, and thus they grow. Most plants start from a seed, a baby plant, which grows within the earth, if watered, into a plant." Display an animation in the fire of a man taking a seed, planting it in the earth, then watering it. This repeats several times, with the rate of the animation being sped up, until the corn plant finishes growing, at which point the man takes the corn off the stalk, saves several of the corn kernels, cooks the remaining corn, and eats it. The man waits some time, then replants the kernels, which grow into more corn plants... This cycle repeats several time, each time the size of the farm grows.

"Agriculture takes large amounts of time to bear results. This is compensated for by the fact that the products of agriculture, the grains at least, keep very well, taking a long while to become inedible if kept properly. Any questions?"
You cast an eye across your village, and as suspected, can find no signs of agriculture. The fire again roars, doubling in height, signaling your people to come forward and listen.

"Greetings, tribe of Zekki Zakki. I have heard your discussion of dwellings made of wood. I have some input of my own to add here. They are definitely possible."
Images of cabins, long houses, wooden homes and shacks begin to dance among the flames. Your people listen in earnest.

*roll*
One of the crafters begins to sketch some of these buildings in the dirt, still paying close attention as he does so.

"They have many benefits. Buildings of wood resist the elements better than tents, are more sturdy in general, can be made larger than tents by many degrees... however, they have one main drawback. They are not portable, unlike a tent, and as such, if the tribe needs to migrate, they cannot bring the wooden buildings with them. There is a solution for this problem, but it does not make the wooden buildings portable, rather, it removes the need, for the most part, for migration by providing a stable food source. This solution is called agriculture."
At the word agriculture, the flames briefly calm down, the images of buildings fading away. The tribe listens closely as you speak again.

"As creatures grow through food and water, so do plants. Plants take in water from their roots for drink and sunlight and air through their leaves for food, and thus they grow. Most plants start from a seed, a baby plant, which grows within the earth, if watered, into a plant."
The flames begin to play out a time lapse. Your tribe watches closely as a man plants the small seeds of a vegetable into the ground, and begins to water it. The animation begins to speed up, and the same basic actions play out within the flames: the man comes, the man waters the plant, and the plant grows slowly. After many repetitions, the man comes, and instead of just watering the plant, he takes the vegetable which has grown from it. From this plant he harvests more seeds and the cycle begins again, this time with two plants. You speed up the images even more so, and the field is eventually several hundred plants, each with the vegetable from before shown atop it.

*roll*

The tribe stays quiet for a long while before the shaman steps forwards, falls to his knees, and begins to speak.
"Oh wise Endion, we understand what you wish of us. We will sow seeds within the earth, so that through your grace and your gift they may grow. However..." He pauses for a few short moments, searching for the proper words, "We do not know of the plant you have showed us, oh mighty Spark. What would you have us plant so that we may build these great tents of the wood you bestowed upon us?"

Even for a god of fire, direct manipulation of the flames over such a period of time has left you feeling somewhat drained.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2017, 05:51:13 pm »

"Well,now that this is done"
Creates a secound scroll but now with creating basic axes and chooping down trees

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2017, 02:42:32 am »

"Well,now that this is done"
Creates a secound scroll but now with creating basic axes and chooping down trees
With the success of the first scroll, you deem it the best suited vessel to interest them in another basic technology: woodcutting.
You design another scroll, but this time the animation depicts the construction of a simple axe: a sharpened stone bound to a branch. This animation plays into the next, which depicts a man hacking at a tree, the tree falling, and then him hauling the log back to his village. Happy with your design, you begin channeling your belief into the human's plane. With a loud rumble, the scroll falls before the shaman's tent. He again comes, lifting the scroll into the sky and shouting for the other tribesman. They opened the scroll and watched the animations play out, amazed all the while with the magic of seeing moving images.
*roll*
He sends men off to grab your crafters and bring them with materials. They spend a short while assembling it, but in the end come out with a rather different looking product. It is an axe, but the blade is far too dull to be effective at cutting wood. Alas, they set off north, and tried their new invention on a small tree in the plains. Several hours of attempted woodcutting later, they return with only several pieces of pulverized bark. The tribe is confused as to why the invention isn't working, and decide to store this scroll with the other in case it is needed again

That act of creation exhausts you, and you feel you will be unable to do all but the tiniest of miracles for the rest of the season.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2017, 04:39:59 am »

Pellapnia is happy with their progress, but they are forgetting something. No matter. She begins to weave another dream at her loom of the mind...

You awaken in your tent. The sky outside is a starry night, but you feel as rested and refreshed as if you had slept to the morning. You stand and leave the tent, seeing the camp is empty except for you - a dream of some sort? However, you are struck with sudden inspiration, and hurry off to the supply tents immediately...

Many minutes later, you have created what you saw in your mind's eye - a mat, made from four squares of leather and stuffed with the wool of the Sheep. It fits one person, but could easily be modified to accommodate two. And, despite the slight roughness of the leather, it provides a very soft and comfortable place on which to sit, recline, or sleep. You feel this would greatly benefit the community nap, as the current situation requires its participants to use the ground instead.

Suddenly, you feel very tired, and you lie down on one of your stuffed mats, quickly falling asleep.

Pellapnia takes this dream and bestows it upon the village's most skilled tailor as they sleep that night.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6