Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: FateGate (Join and Be Mutated)  (Read 5593 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: FateGate (Join and Be Mutated)
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2017, 02:06:51 am »

Investigate Kitchen
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2017, 12:53:49 pm »

Falsh decided to deconstruct the no-longer usable terminals for spare parts and piles them up in a corner of the bridge.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2017, 12:55:48 pm »

Investigate anything else that may be found at the ceiling where I hid.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2017, 02:24:10 pm »

Tic 13.

Flash begins taking apart several of the damaged terminals, trying to sort out which ones may be fixable someday and which ones won't. It's hard to tell really, as you've been alive for less than  two hours and the ship is quite high tech. Taking them apart you manage to salvage half a dozen good computing parts, a large amount of wire, a few mildly damaged screens, about two dozen bits of scrap electronics, and about 7 pieces of good scrap metal. You pile them up in a corner of the bridge, but it seems every time you look at your pile, something is missing.

Bob begins taking scrap from a nearby pile to attempt to repair the life support system. Its much harder than you thought to repair the oxygen recycler. For starters, the thing exploded from the inside, leaving a large hole around where the oxygen takes should go. A fair deal of the electronics have been completely incinerated, which wouldn't be a problem if you had any inkling of an idea what they did. You scrounge through your memories, but they're nothing related to this sort of work. They're all about the bigger picture, the FateGate, the ship's mission, survival of humanity, the layout of the ship, not the intricacies of internal electronics of a closet dwelling machine. Still, there's enough there that with a bit of jerry-rigging, and a lot of scrap, perhaps you can just connect everything and see how it goes. That would require pretty much all of the new scrap materials however.

Quill repeats their acrobatic pipe catching routine again, this time the pipe swings and creaks under the extra weight. You shimmy up the straining pipe to look into the hole in the ceiling it is coming through. There doesn't seem to be much of anything up there. Vents, pipes, wires, dust, and a general lack of space. Perhaps if you were smaller you could squeeze into this tiny space or some of the vents, but you're far to large to attempt that. Not like you'd want to, it doesn't seem like theres much of anything up there.

Duran steps into the kitchen and finds a destroyed version of a very nice modern kitchen. The sleek countertops and appliances are either smashed, or covered in blood. Silverware and kitchen utensils are strewn about. Small fires still smoke in several areas of the kitchen, and soot coats most surfaces. It looks as if the beetle caused even more damage, as many of the lower cabinets are smashed as well. You manage to find about ten cans of food that haven't been destroyed or devoured, a variety of common cutlery, several plastic dishes, and other small kitchen items. Then you see the opening. There is a large hole in the wall, likely where the creature entered from. Small sparks and pits of smoke sprinkle the hole. Beyond it lays a large semi-rough area that reminds you a bit of a cave. Small fires, perhaps caused by leaking fluids or your landing here, illuminate the grey stone in eerie dancing light. There seems to be a tunnel leading out of the large cavern. However, from this vantage point, you cannot see how your ship managed to end up here.

The geneconstructor whirs begin to slow, and stall out, as if it was waiting on a sign that it's creation was interested in joining the living.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2017, 02:27:31 pm »

May I join?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2017, 02:27:42 pm »

Oh well. Can I tell if anything would be able to get in through there?

Anyway, drop back down - carefully, so as to neither break the pipe nor damage myself further - and go about exploring the rest of the ship.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2017, 02:33:22 pm »

Falsh scratched his head wondering where the scrap went. Maybe I have a very short attention span? he thought.
Shrugging, he decided to Investigate the rest of the ship.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2017, 02:36:35 pm »

Interest is still there.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2017, 03:03:07 pm »

Tic 14

(@Tomasque: Added to the waitlist).

The geneconrstuctor whirs to life as if it had been given some sort of cue. The numbers and letters on the screen changing and scrambling faster than the eye can keep track of. Not that anyone was watching at this particular moment. After a few minutes they began to fade away until O. R. and ERR remained. Orerr. The thing that came out of the geneconstructor was less human the first few members of the crew, as the beetle monster's genetic coding was added to the jumbled databanks of the malfunctioning machine. Orerr was humanoid, but had several insectoid features. The most noticeable was the exoskeleton covering the forearms, shins, and neck. This brownish carapace was hard, and would likely offer good protection against attacks. The rest of Orerr was fairly humanoid, with the exception of a long fleshy tail and a yellowing of the skin and eyes. Almost like jaundice, perhaps that's a bad sign.
Spoiler: Orerr (click to show/hide)

Falsh and Quill begin exploring the rest of the ship. Upon nearing any particular door, the AI tells you the danger behind opening it. The engine room was flooded with radiation. The medbay had a breach and fire damage. The crew quarters was undamaged, having several beds and small lockers. Upon investigation, it appears each locker requires a key code to unlock. Several extra lockers are found near the back, it seems that these are full of extra clothes, all the same light blue color, all soft. The external exit seems functional, and the small hallway next to it has several flashlights, two backpacks, and a small square device labeled Multianalyzer.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2017, 03:08:45 pm »

Put on the clothes, and check out what's inside the backpacks. Let people know that we found flashlights.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2017, 03:14:48 pm »

Distribute Cutlery knives to the rest of the awakened individuals.

Search out pots, pans, cookie trays, and anything that could conceivably be useful.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2017, 04:00:31 pm »

Attempt to fit into the considerably larger clothes. Use the knife I received from Duran to shrink the shirt and leggings.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2017, 05:33:23 pm »

Tic 15.

Quill checks the backpacks. They each contain empty canteens, a length of rope, and a small multitool.

The rest of the crew puts on some of the crew clothing, Falsh cutting his down to size. Duran distributes small kitchen knives to the crew. So now everyone is equipped with a small knife and crew clothing.

Duran searches the kitchen for other useful objects, locating a cast iron frying pan and a wooden cutting board, but failing to find anything else of note. It seems that a lot of the items in the kitchen were sucked out of the hull breach and lost to space. At least, thats the best explanation that could be drawn given the circumstances.

The door to the medbay slides open of its own accord. Damage to crew member detected. Treatment recommended. See doctor for assistance. The medbay is mildly damaged, having a hull breach and fire damage. The structure of the room seems to be mostly intact, but the hull breach is directly behind the medical supply closet, and most of the supplies were lost. Still, three more autohealers and another bottle of anti-toxin still remained undamaged. The most interesting thing in medbay was the health scanner, an easy to operate device that can tell you specific ailments and prescribe treatment. Helpful if you have someone to administer the treatments, like a doctor, which you unfortunately don't have.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2017, 06:13:00 pm »

Exit the room.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2017, 06:14:00 pm »

I'm claiming the frying pan as my weapon. I somehow doubt that I'd be able to use sharp weapons effectively...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8