Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: FateGate (Join and Be Mutated)  (Read 5590 times)

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: FateGate (Join and Be Mutated)
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2017, 01:44:59 pm »

Flash climbs a ladder leading up to the bridge. It is in a lofted area overlooking the central hall.
((My characters name is falsh, not flash.))
Falsh looks around for anything useful in the rubble of the bridge. Perhaps some sort of weapon?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2017, 04:39:02 pm »

Tic 10. (Apologies, when I use my phone to update, it autocorrects to Flash.)

Two very bad things happen at once. Bob, after scribbling several six sided shapes on the floor opens the door to life supportdoor. Super heated steam explodes out of the room, severely burning the blue crew mate's arms and face! It seems some piping has sprung a leak, releasing steam into the room, which built up over time, saturating the air with extreme heat and moisture.

Falsh finds a discarded pistol on the bridge, out of bullets however. Still, in a pinch, its steel and a good pistol whip isn't going to feel nice.

Quill, perhaps sensing danger, manages to jump off one of the couches and catch hold of a broken pipe hanging from the high ceiling. Hanging there is a bit strenuous, but manageable with his boneless arm tentacles.

Duran, clutching a knife, knocks on the kitchen door. Loud crashes and shuttling sounds gives him enough warning to jump out of the way before a powerful blow wrenches the droop open from the other side! Duran finds himself staring down a beatle the size of a mini fridge. It's carapiece is a shinny brown, the color of baren dry dirt. It's bulky head looks like a natural battering ram and it's strong legs allow it to build up decent speed. Thats where it's beatle resemblance ends. It's rear body is fleshyand pink, almost like that of a naked mole rat. The strange beast has burn marks across its left side, likely the result of your ancestor's abrupt crash landing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2017, 04:43:57 pm »

If the beetle ends up directly below me, drop down and lay into it with my powerful tentacles.

Otherwise, wait until it is directly beneath me, and then do as stated. Or just keep waiting in general.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2017, 04:46:45 pm »

Entering print queue:
Name: Error

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2017, 05:05:06 pm »

Falsh searches for a loose cable to tie to the pistol, hopefully creating an actual pistol whip.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2017, 05:23:15 pm »

Attack the pinky, get behind it and slash into the soft juicy meat. I was just born and I haven't eaten yet, so I imagine I'm hungry like the wolf.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2017, 06:02:18 pm »

Avoid the attention of the beetle and wait for the steam to dissipate. Use my knowledge of the ship to begin attempting repairs of the "Life Support" room.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2017, 09:14:18 pm »

Tic 11.

The Pinky lets out a gurgling noise that has all the intimidating effects of a lions roar. As it prepares to charge Duran, Quill dive bombs it from the ceiling above, the force of the impact surprising the creature and pushing its legs out from underneath it. Strong boneless arms wrapped around the beast trying to crush it or hold it down and just generally wailing on it. The beast struggled, and bucked, flopping Quill up and down painfully. Duran, suddenly focused, ran behind the beast and plunged his knife into it's unprotected lower body. Over and over he stabbed, red and green liquid spurting out of the pinky. The tactical attacks of the two fighters devolves into a wild brawl as the beast throws Quill onto the floor and attempts to devour his head. A lucky stab seems to have hit something vital and the strength of the creature quickly faded and it collapsed on top of the crewmember, blood oozing out of its mouth onto Quill.

Falsh looking around the bridge, yanks some electrical cables out of an already smashed terminal. It is a simple matter to tie it around the the gun creating a makeshift flail, aka, the pistol whip. Unfortunately, this isn't accomplished in time to participate in this particular fight.

Bob enters the life support room, his arms turning a dark purple color as the burns set in. You assess the damage to the life support system. There is extensive water damage to the electrical system, and the oxygen recycler seems to have combusted. Repairs seem possible, but you'll need to either find or make replacement parts to achieve it. And from what you can tell, the ship seems to be quite lacking in spare parts. The room is otherwise mostly empty, as it seems the oxygen recycler was the majority of the system. Your arms are beginning to worry you, as they are giving off a deep radiant hot pain. Your face also has some damage, but its partially drowned out by the extreme pain in your arms.

Crew Health:
Spoiler: Duran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quill (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2017, 09:43:20 pm »

Falsh begins salvaging usable parts(cables,scrap metal,rods) from destroyed terminals and piles them up in a section of the bridge.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2017, 09:59:49 pm »

Use one dose of the auto-healing thingy on my burns.

Falsh begins salvaging usable parts(cables,scrap metal,rods) from destroyed terminals and piles them up in a section of the bridge.
Use these parts to repair the life support system.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2017, 10:15:31 pm »

Get someone to bandage my and Duran's cuts.

"AI, is there anything we can do with this corpse?"
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2017, 10:20:33 pm »

Duran giggled slightly, giving the beetle a few extra slashes to be sure it was dead. "Mulch the corpse, put it where we came from. More and more of we." Bizzare statement aside, Duran went back to lacerating the couch, creating simple bandages from the cushioned material and applying them to himself and his wounded companion.

Make Bandages. Apply as needed to wounded parties.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2017, 11:21:12 pm »

Duran giggled slightly, giving the beetle a few extra slashes to be sure it was dead. "Mulch the corpse, put it where we came from. More and more of we." Bizzare statement aside, Duran went back to lacerating the couch, creating simple bandages from the cushioned material and applying them to himself and his wounded companion.

Make Bandages. Apply as needed to wounded parties.
Move the beetle into the grinder. Loot anything interesting-looking off of it first (are there any easily-detachable pieces of carapace that we can turn into shields, tools, or weapons, perhaps?).

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2017, 01:10:47 am »

Tic 12

Bob goes into the gene lab and uses one of the five auto healing patches on his burns. Almost immediately a terrible pain takes over your wounds as the auto healer dissolves into thousands of nanobots. They quickly reconfigure your burned areas into their default human setting. It seems the nanobots couldn't make blue, so they made your replacement flesh very dark brown. Shortly afterwards you drag the body of the pinky to the grinder and press the big red button. After a few moments of saws, lasers, and other cutting devices, not a speck of the creature is left. The machine finishes and lets out a suspiciously burplike completion chime. Unregistered DNA detected, adding to gene banks. The gene constructor whirled into life, its next construction lined up, but it would take a while for it to churn them out.

Duran seems to be the only one bleeding, but applies makeshift bandages to all of his and quills wounds just to be on the safe side. In your case, it helps stem the bleeding that picks up when you walk.

Falsh looks around, but doesn't find any truely destroyed terminals. Some have busted screens or have been banged up pretty bad, but there aren't any that have been turned to scrap. You think it would be
Fairly easy to deconstruct the terminal, but in doing so, it's unlikely you'll ever be able to repair it.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2017, 01:37:56 am »

If given parts, repair the life-support system.

Draw more intuitive stuff.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8