Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: FateGate (Join and Be Mutated)  (Read 5591 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: FateGate (Join and Be Mutated)
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 04:30:21 pm »

"What... now?"
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 04:30:23 pm »

Falsh glanced around the room for a moment. "W-where am I? Wh-what is this place?" Falsh shifted his gaze to the three creatures in the room with him. "H-hello?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 05:00:28 pm »

Tic 5.

Shortly thereafter the geneconstructor whirs back into action, releasing another "human" from its formulation vats. Q. U. I. L. L. Quill. Quill does not so much exit the chamber, but shoots out. The words "Biomatter storage empty" flash upon the screen shortly after naming the newcomer. Quill seems to have gotten the short end of the stick, there not being as much material for its formation. Quill doesn't have bones in his arms, and the machine seems to have tried to compensate this by adding extra muscles. This gave Quill tentacle like arms, ending in rather floppy two pronged appendages. Quill seems to have an additional set of kidneys and as an interesting quirk in his brain allowing it to give off an mild electric pulse. While this isn't enough to affect ship machinery, it does give Quill an additional way to view his surroundings.
Spoiler: Quill (click to show/hide)

With the gene constructor out of material, it powers down. A small light indicating it is in need of material to produce more humans. Before the group can get their bearings, the computer terminal on the desk powers up and a voice comes out of it. Bob recognizes it as the voice of the ship's AI.

Human life signs detected. Status update: Human life signs:5. Ship exterior: Intact. External Exits: Functional. Life support: Critical damage, venting air from external atmosphere. Food stores: Minimal. Fuel: Minimal. Crew Quarters: Undamaged. Hydroponics: Critical. External Sensors: Semi-operational, External Movement Detected. Navigation and Communication: Critical. Infirmary: Critical. Weapons systems: Critical.... Awaiting commands.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 05:04:18 pm »

Investigate the AI, using my feet to type anything I need to type. Start with ?help or the equivalent.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 05:27:47 pm »

Examine the surrounding area.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2017, 05:30:06 pm »

"Oh, oh. So many. Many many many. Five is many isn't it? I can't remember." Duran knuckle walked over to the door and knocked on it three times.

If there's no response, open it!
If there is a response, ask who's there!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2017, 06:36:25 pm »

Tic 6.

Quill, grasping at fleeting memories of computers and how they function, climbs onto the desk and begins attempting to type on the keyboard using their feet. After a bit of trying to operate the mouse with their tentacle and typing poorly with their big toe, they come to the conclusion that this really isn't going to be a feasible option for them. Especially because, as it seems to you, this isn't an AI interface. At least, nothing jumps out to you that makes you believe that it would be. Most of the icons on the screen are related to the genebanks, and the grinder, and geneconstructor. And for the most part their data is either corrupted, or written in such thick technical jargon that you can't make heads or tails out of the garble. The computer speaker that the AI spoke out is mounted on the wall, and seems to only be connected to this computer as an afterthought. You have a nagging feeling that there is a better way to get help from the AI.

The tiny humanoid Falsh examines the room, finding it to be a fairly standard run of the mill scientific sort of place. Seems like it would normally be quite sterile, but there appears to be dried blood trails leading towards the ominous machine taking up most of one wall. It looks as though something was dragged into it several times. The inside of the machine is strangely clean of any blood or other indications of injury. You see the long armed fellow, Duran, looking at some cabinet full of medical supplies. You clearly remember that cleaning wounds is important for some reason. There is one exit to this room, it is slightly ajar. There is also the now inactive geneconstructor and the labdesk in this room.

Duran knocks on the slightly ajar door and it slides into a crevice in the wall. Small whirring noises accompany the movement. You see that this door simply leads into the central area of the ship. You get a faint image of a metal structure stretching over a body of liquid, but that can't be related. Weird. The room in front of you is much larger than the previous one and is split into two areas. The area you are currently in has several doors, each labeled. Your door is labeled genelab, the on on your left is is labeled infirmary. There is an open area with a central seating area containing a few couches. Beyond that, perhaps forty feet in front of you are two more doors. One is labeled crew quarters, the other is labeled kitchen. A lofted area to your left, stretches the width of the room. It appears to have several terminals and seats, as well as a large central holotable. Off to the right along the wall is a door labeled engines as well as a door labeled airlock. It seems you have discovered the central area of the ship. There is a fair deal of dried blood here, and it looks like some of the terminals, couches, and doors have been damaged in one way or another. 

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2017, 06:39:13 pm »

"AI, we need help."

EDIT: Meanwhile, practise using my tentacles more precisely.

EDIT2: I declare myself King Derm, lord of tentacle arms. :D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 07:21:36 pm by Glass »

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2017, 07:19:27 pm »

Wander out of the room into the corridor.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2017, 07:48:21 pm »

"Yes... that seems like a good idea."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2017, 08:45:55 pm »

ORERR
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2017, 09:16:23 pm »

Would love to join. Name: Ark.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2017, 09:19:41 pm »

Tic 7
Several of the vatborn move out into the central hall. Quill waves his tentacles around testing them out. He finds that he has a natural control over them and that they're actually quite strong, however, the lack of fine digits makes delicate manipulation difficult. Beyond that, grasping shouldn't be impaired, only very fine actions such as typing on a human computer. While testing his arms he calls out to the AI, who responds "How can I help you crew member?"

The geneconstructor chimes, and then makes several unhappy beeping noises. The out of biomaterial indicator continues to flash. It seems a new vatborn is ready to be processed once materials become available.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2017, 09:23:54 pm »

"Please explain all circumstances leading to the current circumstances, as well as what the current circumstances are."

Practice my fine motor skills.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2017, 09:34:26 pm »

Joining the waitlist as Bean! (The ! is part of the name)
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8