Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: IC - A Light Among Stars [Rogue Trader]  (Read 14630 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: IC - A Light Among Stars [Rogue Trader]
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2017, 05:02:04 am »

"The bay's always full. We unload what we have, take what they offer and do that over 'n' again. I don't check the manifest so I have no idea what's in there, though." Tork said, answering the astropath's question.

Volatiles such as water (for obvious uses), ammonia (for use as a coolant), nitrogen and other gases are basic supplies. Indecent is sure to have plenty, especially given her size compared to the "Habitat."

Phosphorous is useful in hydroponics. It's essential to any self-sustaining platform, which may hint at what they got going on here.

Do some research attempting to learn the proper meanings of these arcane terms.

Sub secludes himself beneath a mound of books, searching for clues as to the terms 'Mass Coil,' 'Logicrystal,' 'Quantum Multiplexers,' and 'Veilship Cores.'

Spoiler: Forbidden Lore! (click to show/hide)

'Veilship cores' do not come up in the literature, and neither do 'Mass coils.' It's anyone's guess as to what they are.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 05:03:48 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2017, 07:04:34 pm »

"Ya know, did they say 'volatiles'? We'll have a bunch, what with this bein' a voidship and all. And we'll also have phosphorous, it's used in the small hydroponics bay." Tork commented.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2017, 07:58:23 pm »

Sub thinks to himself: Those sound dangerous.  Profitable, probably, but I'd rather have a buyer lined up before taking on a cargo load of dangerous banned substances.  Some samples, on the other hand, should be more easy to handle, and will help find buyers, while not leaving us with a ship full of self-replicating explosive material.  That Logicrystal, long since exterminated, is probably another step more dangerous and would be best bypassed.

"I've heard of that Logicrystal.  It's very dangerous stuff, so we shouldn't take on a load of it without a known buyer.  I'd recommend that we buy samples of the other items, though, and ask them carefully about proper storange and handling methods.  I also think we shouldn't fill up, there's likely to be other planets and stations to visit, and on this first trip I'd like to bring back a wide variety of goods."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2017, 08:31:11 pm »

Sub thinks to himself: Those sound dangerous.  Profitable, probably, but I'd rather have a buyer lined up before taking on a cargo load of dangerous banned substances.  Some samples, on the other hand, should be more easy to handle, and will help find buyers, while not leaving us with a ship full of self-replicating explosive material.  That Logicrystal, long since exterminated, is probably another step more dangerous and would be best bypassed.

"I've heard of that Logicrystal.  It's very dangerous stuff, so we shouldn't take on a load of it without a known buyer.  I'd recommend that we buy samples of the other items, though, and ask them carefully about proper storange and handling methods.  I also think we shouldn't fill up, there's likely to be other planets and stations to visit, and on this first trip I'd like to bring back a wide variety of goods."

"Dangerous? How so?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2017, 09:18:46 pm »

"It replicates itself and was exterminated.  It's concievable that knowledge of its existance could get this station or even system declared a target for some kind of crusade.  That's assuming that it doesn't destroy our ship due to improper handling."

"I expect I'm exaggerating it's dangers somewhat, but even so, I would not recommend handling a load of the stuff without a firm buyer in mind and proper preparation for securing the cargo."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2017, 09:34:43 pm »

"It replicates itself and was exterminated.  It's concievable that knowledge of its existance could get this station or even system declared a target for some kind of crusade.  That's assuming that it doesn't destroy our ship due to improper handling."

"I expect I'm exaggerating it's dangers somewhat, but even so, I would not recommend handling a load of the stuff without a firm buyer in mind and proper preparation for securing the cargo."

"Perhaps that hits at the rationale behind their secrecy. If we could indeed find a buyer even a small amount would be worthwhile, given that we could farm it without difficulty. In any case, they had asked for that in return for goods, rather than offering it in trade. If we coveted a sample, it would be preferable to check elsewhere. It seems that the goods are intriguing, and their price is cheap."

"Relay: I am happy to say that we are in possession of excess volatiles and phosphorous, and would be happy to trade for your excess goods. Let us work out the details...."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2017, 04:07:52 am »

"Relay: I am happy to say that we are in possession of excess volatiles and phosphorous, and would be happy to trade for your excess goods. Let us work out the details...."

"It is good to hear that you have such rare materials onboard," the voxcaster team notes a pause in the speaker's response. "They are hard to come by, given the present state of the system."

"It will be possible to perform a transfer of goods on our outer hangar deck. We will begin assembling the components as needed--however, a representative will prefer to speak in person to negotiate quantities, if possible. Will this be possible?"

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2017, 04:11:23 am »

"We wouldn't send someone alone would we?" Raioyris says, resting his hand on the grip of his bolt pistol.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2017, 11:26:24 am »

Tork shrugged. "Representatives don't preclude bodyguards, yeah?"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2017, 02:42:43 pm »

"Of course you can chaperon. Relay: I would be happy to negotiate face-to-face. My advisors will be accompanying me, we will arrive shortly in our small craft."

The Trader than stands up, making sure his weapons are politely concealed on his person before walking toward the previously prepared ship. "Anyone who cares to join me is free to. I do not foresee any trouble, so lets try to avoid starting any."

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2017, 07:56:17 pm »

Raioyris steps forward, prepared to go, "Perhaps you are too trusting."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2017, 08:09:51 pm »

Raioyris steps forward, prepared to go, "Perhaps you are too trusting."

"Perhaps, but that trust is placed in myself, my Emperor, and my crew. I trust that there is nothing they can throw at us that we can not overcome." The cheesy smile on His Traderness's face indicates that he is not serous in the least bit during this retort.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 02, 2017, 08:11:34 pm »

"I could stay behind, though I'm a good shot myself. Guess I'm goin'." Tork said before standing up and gesturing for another of the bridge crew to take his place.
>Yes?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2017, 08:17:01 pm »

"I would be honored to accompany you, Lord Captain. I'm a decent shot if there's trouble, but more importantly I may be able to get some sense of what these things are thinking, or detect if they have psykers of their own. It's a long shot to be sure, but what is exploration without risk?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 03, 2017, 01:23:35 am »

"Of course you can chaperon. Relay: I would be happy to negotiate face-to-face. My advisors will be accompanying me, we will arrive shortly in our small craft."

The Trader than stands up, making sure his weapons are politely concealed on his person before walking toward the previously prepared ship. "Anyone who cares to join me is free to. I do not foresee any trouble, so lets try to avoid starting any."

The battle-ready Shark-class assault boat lay dormant in the hangar, surrounded by a task force of cargo lifters and auxiliary craft. Indecent Proposal's league of crewmen, grav-pallets, and heavy-duty forklifts has been busy at work lifting crates of water ice, pressurized tanks of various gases, capsules of agricultural fertilizers, and other basic necessities. Though a small voidship compared to the galaxy at large, this load hardly made a dent in the stocks. Indecent Proposal dwarfed the other vessel altogether, be it a ship or a station.

Inside the Shark, the former pilot relinquishes the keys for Tork and Eggbert to fight over. Launch preparations are almost finished, and the convoy should be ready to go within a matter of quarter-hours.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13