Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Headquarters]  (Read 13486 times)

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Headquarters]
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2017, 04:48:07 pm »

Sertan will be out of hospital in time to compete for the mini-missions.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2017, 04:51:45 pm »

Vigil heads to his room and thinks for a moment after watching the news. Then a plan hits him. One that had to be fool proof. A way to get his business name out there, in the world. He is going to write a message to Lexi, and send it to her via as secure of a method as he could.

"We at Vircardo are sorry for your loss. To that end, we are offering to give you our classes at half the standard price, for the betterment of your own self protection. To do so would surely give you an advantage over any assassins, since you will be trained to defend yourself in situations that they could never even dream of. Beyond that, we would like to offer you a protection service from Vircardo's head teachers, for any major events you may have. First one is free, though feel free to tip your bodyguards, if you feel their work warrants it. Should you accept this offer, please contact Vigil. Details of how to do so and business hours are found at the bottom of this message.
- Vircardo's Dojo."

Satisfied with the message, he sends it to her, if he can manage, via a private messaging. . ..   thing.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2017, 04:58:33 pm »

There was a light-delay to earth while the message was sent. A message is returned.

"Mr. Henderson,

Thank you for your condolences. At this time, Ms. Tchakonov will not be leaving the Russian state. We understand, however, that you are engaged in developing a new martial art based around your unique experience in the extra-solar special forces. This interests us.

We will send one of our people to take your course when you feel you are ready. If he is impressed, you may find that he will seek to license this style for teaching in St. Petersburg.

Regards,

Lexi Tchakonov
/UG"

She probably never got your letter, but her assistant was kind enough to send you this. You think her assistant. It could be her handler, for all you know. The next time mini missions are called, Vircardo can team up to perform a class for the Russian Visitor, and if successful, find themselves with a franchise. It will have to be impressive though - the Russians aren't likely to be impressed with less Rank 3.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2017, 05:28:42 pm »

[Tina Murdoch + Priscilla]

Tina fixes Priscilla, easing her imaginary pain.

Tina reflects on her mission, she failed to control a drone, and Sertan got hurt, because they didn't have enough firepower. She needs to think... simpler.
Tina checks her money. She has 3 035 credits. And 115 stocks, the stocks are currently valued at 60 credits each.
She thinks she can do a project, she estimates she requires 5 000 credits to do it. She'll need to exchange some stock. 35*60 = 2 100
Tina sells 35 Akras Stock (60c) for 2 100 credits. Resulting in 80 Akras Stocks and 5135c.

Quote from: Sentry Gun Project
Tina dedicates 5 000 credits to start the Sentry Gun Project. Leaving 135c remaining.
The Sentry Gun Project aims to make an automatic sentry turret, armed with 2 standard issue PDWs.
The PDWs are to remain intact, so the turret can be disassembled to provide guns people can fire manually, in case the turret malfunctions or gets destroyed.
She experiments with 3 power supply configurations. Having a power cable from a station, being powered by a portable power source, and being powered by an integrated power source.

This gun will have a limited arc of fire, making a blindzone that the operatives can exploit if it goes rogue.
It will be made by Tina, so Tina should have an easier time getting it to work, because she knows it's inner workings (there will most likely be no such mechanical difference reflected in the dice).
Tina will be making it work in a simple way, to hopefully prevent it from going rogue like drones do.

Anyway, with that out of the way...
Tina applies for the overseeing of construction of the Murdock-class Space Station.
She expects her name and qualifications to be more than enough to get her the job.

Tina notices the station design being named after her. And thinks people would consider her narcissistic if she also oversaw the construction of it. So she doesn't want to do the job.

Edit: ((Turns out it's either making the sentry, or doing the overseeing of construction.))
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 05:37:44 pm by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2017, 05:40:52 pm »

Tina takes some time preparing her prototype, working through it, getting the guidance systems and connections simplified. She goes to test fire it at the range, and the entire thing flies backwards, spraying bullets everywhere. [Engineering 17].

Some of the components are salvageable. She could liquefy the remaining products for 3kc, or spend 1kc to try repairs.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2017, 05:48:54 pm »

"D-damn."
Tina sells 20 Akras Stock (60c) for 1 200 credits. Resulting in 60 Akras Stocks and 1 335c.
Tina designs in more weight, and also a backwards strut, to prevent it from backflipping.
Tina spends 1kc to try to repair and improve it. Leaving 335 credits.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2017, 05:55:18 pm »

This time a fuse relay blew out. But it was much the same as the last. [Engineering 14]

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2017, 05:59:32 pm »

"Oh shit, this entire thing is burnt."
Tina sells 20 Akras Stock (60c) for 1 200 credits. Resulting in 40 Akras Stocks, and 1535c.
Tina replaces the motherboard of the turret, pricey part, that one. She makes sure to double check for short circuits, or dodgy connections.
Tina spends 1kc to repair and improve. Leaving 535 credits.
"Th-third time's the ch-ch-charm... right?"

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2017, 06:02:32 pm »

The drone ended up rocking and swaying from side to side. It almost seemed like it would work, until you realized that if you altered the firing order you could make it turn slowly. Back to the drawing board, or liquidation. [Engineering 14]

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2017, 06:13:16 pm »

"Why? Why are you doing this to me?"
20 more Akras Stock (60c) sold for 1 200 credits. Resulting in 20 Akras Stocks, and 1 735c.
Tina redoes the programming, making it more and more streamlined, to make it work. It's starting to look like assembly language now.
Tina spends 1kc again. Leaving 735 credits.
If she had even one rank in Marketing, she might've noticed she's doing a sunk cost fallacy here.
"Work work work work."

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2017, 06:15:16 pm »

Tina was frustrated as she wired in the fresh control board and mis-aligned the power. It shorted, and exploded, leaving only 1kc in parts. [Engineering 9]

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2017, 06:24:08 pm »

"W-w-wha? What? Why? WHY?!"
Tina screams at the charred piece of machinery. Tina's being irrational again.
Tina takes the wreck back to her room. Tina is bummed out over this.
Tina buys 10 Akras Stock (60c) for 600 credits. Resulting in 30 Akras Stocks and 135c.
Tina cries herself to sleep.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2017, 06:40:18 pm »

Stella will buy 33 Akras stock for 1980 credits, putting her at 6kc. She likes round numbers.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 06:48:48 pm by Cynicalwhovian »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2017, 08:03:37 pm »

Ricardo buys 50 shares and goes to see the spiderbeetle enclosure. "How's the shiela going?" He asks the nearest biologist, meaning the spider.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2017, 10:05:54 pm »

Shiela was in an enclosure. The scientists were about to feed her. A sensor was arrayed on top of a roomba along with a fresh steak. A young intern was wearing a pair of VR goggles, climbing up a stool saying "Nononono..."

In the corner, a sensor was capturing it for social media, along with the VR feed.

The head scientist raised a finger, telling Ricardo to wait.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23