Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Headquarters]  (Read 13487 times)

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Headquarters]
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2017, 05:14:04 pm »

Groaning, the man slurs, "You're shuch a dick, yuo pussy...how much is it?"

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2017, 05:15:00 pm »

"What about my nose?"
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2017, 05:16:10 pm »

One of the kids started to cry over the fight. James Verne, from PR you think, said "Now this is not what my family and I signed up for. Let him go, you already beat him. We'll make sure his account is deducted a one-session fee. Go to Medical, they can fix a broken nose."
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 05:17:49 pm by retromach »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2017, 05:21:48 pm »

Ricardo gives Vigil another whack on the head with the padded pugil stick. "Let him go and get up. Do you want this to turn into a PR disaster?"
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2017, 05:23:01 pm »

The engineers having been unhelpful, Christian returns to his room to work out what he will need to build what he wants himself.

Quote from: His List
- Motion sensor. Must give vector to center of movement. Can probably harvest this from a VR game or something.
- Two mid size stepping motors. Buy them from one of the engineering guys?
- One small servo motor for running the trigger. Optional for now.
- A power source, preferably a way to leach off of the laser's reactor, but that won't do for testing. For now a wall plug will do.
- A microcontroller. It doesn't need to be powerful, I can probably harvest what I need from a cheap smart thermostat. Time to make a friend in maintenance.
- Scrap metal and time in the engineering weld shop.
- Some basic engineering and computer courses. Expensive!
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2017, 05:27:43 pm »

Vigil let's go with the whack. And mumbles for a second before getting off him.
"For the session. Goes straight back into the school. If he does it again, I wont hesitate, and reserve the right to sue him for assault." After that, then Vigil gets off of him.
"Ricardo will finish the lesson, I guess. Rule number two. No matter what, in a fight, always keep level headed. It will keep you from making silly mistakes. And even masters have trouble with that, sometimes."
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2017, 05:38:30 pm »

Grunting as he stands up a bit, Danh mumbles something about alien spiders, and drunkenly makes his way out of the dojo, heading back to his quarters.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2017, 01:25:28 pm »

September 5th, 2117

Akras Mars' was a hub of activity, with new commercial and civilian sectors going up as Akras prepared to begin receiving greater commercial traffic. It had not been long since the teams' last return, but the base was abuzz with speculation and wonder. Crowds gathered around screens on pillars and walls as the news of the day came on.

"Humanity continues to watch as Akras uncovers more and more alien worlds. Our initial landing site, discovered to be in the Rigel system, has been secured, and construction has begun on humanity's first extrasolar space station. Alien relics returned on this mission are to be subcontracted for study after Akras scientist John Boiy discovered that they seem to have certain psychoactive properties that may render them a liability concern if studied directly by Akras."

(With thanks to ToriThayer https://torithayer.deviantart.com/)

"A second world, New Australia, was uncovered by a gate team. They have returned a living alien animal, which the team has name a 'Spiderbeetle', Scientific Designation Arachnocoleopterus Decastillo, after the explorer who returned the living sample. Akras has received numerous purchase requests for the first living alien to return from out of our solar system, and intends to create a permanent biological research base to collect and sell samples from New Australia as soon as the area surrounding the gate can be made safe."

"In earth news today, Russian Billionaire Yuri Tchakonov has been found dead in the Archduke's palace in Austria, which he earlier purchased as part of a bailout program. According to the coroners, Mr. Tchakonov was killed by polonium poisoning, a rare condition normally associated with Russia's assassin program. With his death, Mr. Tchakonov's daughter Lexi will be taking over Gasprom and it's holdings on Titan. She is reported to be safe and well in her family home in St. Petersburg."

"Critics of the Russian state are calling it a state-sponsored assassination to prevent capital from leaving the country. This comes as other failing nations are seeking to sell historical monuments to continue to make their ends meet hoping to draw in billionaires to live in their nations and bring much-needed capital and tax income. Among sites to be included for sale are the Imperial Palace in Kyoto, The Alamo in Texas, and Buckingham Palace, the traditional residence of the Queen of England. Ms. Tchakonov is expected to announce an auction of the Imperial Palace in Austria within the next several days."

"With Akras Mars News, this is Kelly Saguaro."

The broadcast stopped, and low-key Space Country music came on, with people returning to their days and a stock ticker coming up, along with a job board.

Akras - 60 credits/share

Job Board
Full missions to be posted later in the week. These are short, 1-3 post missions that will each take a single applicant.

Analyse Alien Artifact - Akras is accepting bids from subcontractors able to claim liability for any accidents resulting from exposure to the alien artifact. Initial exposure will be granted to the highest bidder, with 20% of any sales of information gathered in the course of research. Akras will provide relevant equipment and facilities. Relevant skills: Archaeology, Linguistics. Reward: 20% of the gross.

Oversee construction of Murdoch-Class Station around Rigel. Relevant Skills: Drones, Engineering. Reward: 500 credits. Applicants will be evaluated with a written evaluation. [highest engineering roll gets the job.]

Seek tenants for Murdoch-Class Station around Rigel. Relevant Skills: Marketing, Astrophysics. Reward: 500 credits. Applicants are expected to write a detailed cover letter. [highest marketing roll gets the job.]

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2017, 01:32:10 pm »

Christian will buy 50 shares, taking his total to 100 shares (and 0kc).
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 01:38:14 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2017, 01:43:19 pm »

Vigil will take the tenant job

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2017, 01:48:40 pm »

Boiy will take the job of Analyse Alien Artifact
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 01:54:08 pm by PaPaj »
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2017, 01:58:45 pm »

What is Boiy's bid? Akras will not accept less than 2kc.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2017, 02:03:23 pm »

Boiy will bid 2,5kc
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2017, 02:07:22 pm »

Danh decides not to sign up for anything.
Linguistics? Marketing? Pussy shit. The suits and eggheads can have fun with that.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2017, 02:21:53 pm »

(Is Sertan still in the hospital?)
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23