Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Headquarters]  (Read 13476 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Headquarters]
« Reply #300 on: June 21, 2018, 10:30:47 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

"I've... been mind-linked to a moth."
Tina doesn't feel like any food or drinks right now.
"B-but... I use pistols, not fists. Am I really fit for joining the dojo?"
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 22, 2018, 05:29:17 am »

“What do you do when you have an enemy that has snuck up on you, and who is too close to draw your pistol on?” He said to Tina. “It’s always good to have a backup weapon Incase your main weapon can’t be used. I had to learn that during the moth attack. Not sure if I will put it into practice, I am horrible with guns, but, it is still a lesson.” Then he turned to Frazz with a big smile plastered on his face. “Is that what you had called me about ear- WAIT WHAT?!?! A moth?!?!”
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 22, 2018, 05:37:58 am »

Boiy stops reading his file and looks at Vigil
"Oh right... eh... long story short, she got a artifact, she's done her thing, i did my thing, and i figured out that she is now mentally linked with a moth, or they are the same person, i dont really know."
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 22, 2018, 07:17:13 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

"I had hoped the... connection, would fade. It's been weeks, but I can still f-feel... everything."
Tina picks up her file and reads.
"But... pistols are as close range as you can get."

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 22, 2018, 07:29:18 am »

"Tina, as i said before, you and the moth are basically the same now, so it might be permanent as long as one of you are alive."
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 22, 2018, 07:54:06 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

"But... I don't want to k-kill the moth. Maybe I'll see if I can control it through a gate."

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 22, 2018, 07:58:44 am »

"Probably, drones would have a problem, we astablished that, but a moth controled by your mind, thats differant."
Boiy said as he went back to reading his folder
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 08:04:02 am by PaPaj »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 22, 2018, 08:09:55 am »

“Tina.” Vigil started, as he rubbed his eyes furiously, blinked a few times, focused on her, and scratched his scruffy beard. “Which has a closer range, your pistol or my fist? Which is easier to control? Which makes less noise? Granted, a ranged weapon is good, but, it’s easier to disarm a ranged weapon, than a melee one, and a ranged weapon tends to make you more of a priority target. But, it does also have its disadvantages, so, it’s not like it’s conple better. Just an option most people ignore. Also, in a situation where we run out of ammo, those of us with martial arts skills are still combat effective. And we may not always be able to retreat.”
Then he thought for a moment. “What are the chances that octopus was controlling the robot before?” His mind raced for a few moments before he realized the rediculusness of what he said, and busted out laughing.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 08:12:46 am by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 22, 2018, 09:22:02 am »

Stella looks at Tina for a long moment before looking back at Vigil. "I understand your point, but training in my chosen field is prohibitively expensive. I will need to determine if the risk is worth the cost to prevent it."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 22, 2018, 09:29:08 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

"I... I got two. If I lose one, I use the other. Maybe it beats rifle butts, but pistols are flexible."

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 22, 2018, 09:34:12 am »

"Yall realize that ideally we just shopt things before they get into a melee right? That's kind of the point of guns. If a hostileis within arms reach we probably fucked up already. Why not just focus on not letting that happen?"

Frazz signals the waiter
"A filet mignon, if you would be so kind."
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 22, 2018, 09:41:29 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

"The horse... invisible. Rushers, numerous. Horror Knights, armored and tough. Also... the entity that appeared onboard, bypassing our ship's hull. And new strange things will only keep appearing."

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 22, 2018, 11:09:00 am »

"Frazz is right. We are soldiers. Not ninjas or farmers. Should focus on taking whatever we're against down before it gets close."
Looking at the table, he shrugs. "But if it does get close though, we better know what to do. Put a knife to good use, throw it down if it's small enough. Everyone here should know how to fight far and close."

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 22, 2018, 11:58:36 am »

Kaito nods. "I agree, you don't have to go in depth into it Tina, I understand there's other places you need to direct your studies. But I would suggest at least taking a basic self defense class. There's always the chance something will get on you before you can get a gun on it, and it's good to know how to protect yourself from that, even if your goal is just to knock them back so you can open up distance again. Besides which, if you ever do control something more dangerous than a moth, some martial arts courses may help you understand better how to direct it to fight."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 22, 2018, 01:16:34 pm »

A tower of seafood was delivered, steaming cold on martial silver trays.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23