Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Headquarters]  (Read 13478 times)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Headquarters]
« Reply #270 on: June 21, 2018, 11:42:20 am »

"Nope long gone, again, i probably could learn something if you give me access to it."
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 21, 2018, 11:52:29 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

Tina sighs.
"I spent a heap of cash on it though. And Akras might be upset, we have a deal on this."
Tina ponders for quite a while, before deciding...
"Ugh, f-fine. But only this one time, this is putting me in deep waters here."
Tina walks back to her room, for Boiy to check the artifact.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 21, 2018, 11:54:17 am »

"Hey woah!" The technician said. "You can't just break a contract with Akras. You bid as a sole contractor. You have to look into this yourself."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 21, 2018, 11:57:08 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

Tina stops, then turns back to the technician.
"B-but... uh... tch, damn."
Tina looks at Boiy.
"Because you were present at the bid, you therefore cannot be my partner. So... no can do."
Tina sighs. No unlocking her true potential then.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 21, 2018, 12:05:36 pm »

"Welp, maybe next time then."
Boiy leaves the lab and heads for his room
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 21, 2018, 12:48:44 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

Tina goes to her room, intent on waiting out the psionic effect. But in the meantime, she's got some improvements she can make.
Taking 53 of her 243 shares, and converting them. For 76 credits each, that gives her 4 028, add that to the 16 she has, and it's 4 044.

First things first, knowing how to drive. Crashing a snowmobile isn't good, so she spends 500 credits to get basic command guides, some racing games simulators, and watching some videos.
It's quite simple to understand how machines process commands when you've disassembled and even programmed said machines. But she never actually thought about it, so now she at least knows for certain what the commands are.
This brings her credits to 3 544 and increased her Command skill to 1.

Next, guns. Tina's used her pistols a lot, and well too. But so far she's gone mostly on luck. So she decides, she needs to actually practice. First things first, buy two pistols from Akras, specifically, those two pistols she's been using on mission. They got a bit of wear on them, but that just adds character. Then she goes to the range, and fires them. Actually figuring out how to aim them, even managing to hit targets while dual wielding. Tina is certain she wont accidentally shoot herself now, no longer able to do catastrophic failures.
This brings her credits to 44, and increased her Small Arms skill to 2.
Also she has 190 shares now.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 21, 2018, 01:41:11 pm »

Everyone gets a reminder, Saturday morning, in their  email, that they had a group meeting at 19:30. Whether you could, or chose to come, was your decision, but, those who did come to the address found that, in no way was it like what you would have first thought.

You were stopped at the front door by a velvet red rope barrier, guarded by two burley muscle heads. The men looked so large that there seemed to be no true reason for the rope, itself. They both held a clip board, and seemed to scan the crowd coming in. It wasn’t full of the big name super rich, but, you could not see anyone who looked like they were the average joe Akras employee, either. It took almost 20 minutes of waiting, as more crowded behind you, to reach near the front. Once you were there, though, one of the bouncers turned to the other, pointed inside, up to the top, and then towards you, before scrunching his way through the masses.
As soon as they managed to reach you, they pointed out that you were to head straight in, after showing them your ID “for verification reasons”, and speak with the man at the second barrier.
As you mowed on in, they crowded stuffy air gave way to one that was far more uptight and proper, to a haughty degree. You could see men and women in Traditional black and white suits, carrying trays of various colors drinks in multitudes if different glasses. You you could smell the faint smell of alcohol, it was not pungent in any way. In fact, it smelt rather sweet, and soft, almost as if the floorboards themselves were producing it.
Once you reached the second barrier, it was more of the same, except for the crowd being absent for this endeavor. This time, you were lead up to the top, to a long table, to the right of which was a fully stocked bar, with three different bartenders just siting there, huge fake smiles plastered on their face. At one end of the table was Vigil, face down, and snoring, looking as though he stepped out to play the Bond villain in a movie. In the middle of the table were several small folders, one for each member of the team. It was labeled as ‘Viricardo brochure package’.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 21, 2018, 02:04:06 pm »

Stella will go. Not at all intimidated by the bouncers, she quickly presents her ID and heads inside. She'll sit down at her folder(if they are labelled with names) and glance over at Vigil. She looks generally unimpressed with the setting.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 21, 2018, 02:08:04 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

Tina came, this is... quite the place. Luckily, she stuck with the group.
Tina's also not quite used to being in public yet.

When she sees the folders on the table, she sits down, and... she's definitely intimidated by the atmosphere. There's also the fact she's unarmed.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 21, 2018, 02:12:07 pm »

Danh moves in, pushing past the crowd as he heads towards through the largely wooden (or wood imitate) restaurant, glancing apprehensively at the bartenders. He's wearing very casual clothes. Not at all proper to the setting, really. Basic black pants, made out of some synthetic material, and a snug, gray shirt, with a light jacket over. Of course, the jacket is Akras brand, with logo printed on the back.
When he gets to Vigil's table, the man slides into his seat, nodding to Tina and Stella, then knocks on the table loudly, with a small chuckle.
"Viiiigil. Vigil. Started drinking without the team?"
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 02:16:37 pm by Bill Chompski »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 21, 2018, 02:33:58 pm »

“AND BY CONTROLING THE AMOUNT OF INFORMATION SPREAD TO THE PUBLIC YOU CAN CONTROL THE PERCEPTION OF T-“ Vigil shot up, eyes blood shot red, and face completely unkempt by well over 2 weeks, as, for the first time, you see him with a full beard that threatened to swallow his own mouth.. The tie he was wearing, while matching his suit, was very poorly tied, and he misbuttoned a few buttons. His body language showed that, not only has he not been eating well, but he has only slept for a few hours since you guys got back from the mission, if at all.
“Wait. . . Why are you in my ro- OH! Right! The presentation. Umm. . . Is everyone here?”
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 21, 2018, 02:35:28 pm »

"You look fucking awful." Danh comments, looking Vigil up and down.
A brief look of concern passes over his face, and he says, "You sure you can do whatever you wanna do?"

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 21, 2018, 02:37:50 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

"I-it looks like your eyes are a-about to... e-explode."
Tina normally goes to bed when she finds her eyes as bloodshot as Vigil's are. Fearing she'd bust a vein in her eye, causing blindness.
This irrational fear could probably be cured by her getting some Biology skill.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 21, 2018, 02:40:37 pm »

“I’m fine. Kinda. This is the most of a break I have gotten since we’ve gotten back. I have a research paper due, and several dozen homework papers. Once I am done with that, I can go to Christmas, and then help set things up. Thanksfully Ricardo is taking care of the dojo. Anyway, where is Frazz? Kaito?”

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 21, 2018, 02:46:48 pm »

Boiy without really knowing what to say just sat down at the table
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23