Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Dark Souls: Threads of Fate IC - Rise  (Read 13088 times)

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls: Threads of Fate IC - Rise
« Reply #225 on: August 18, 2017, 03:52:08 pm »

Though the herb's properties did pique his interest, Ludek opted to wave the offer away, reasoning that he may need it in more dire straits.

The disk Boudicca found, however, demanded closer inspection. "Quite nice indeed... Perhaps there is more to these ruins than I first thought. I would like to take a closer look, if you wouldn't mind." Ludek asks, his natural, if subdued curiosity reawakened by the trophy.

If allowed by Boudicca, Ludek appraises the trinket, calling upon his myriad of arcane knowledge for any relevant information; the creator, its use, what its presence signifies, etc.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 18, 2017, 04:26:27 pm »

Boudicca shrugs and unclips the rune before tossing it to the man.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 20, 2017, 01:53:18 am »

Boudicca, Ludek, Meredith

"Of course. Companions need to help one another."

There is indeed an exit; a set of stairs directly opposite the one they came up to get here.

If allowed by Boudicca, Ludek appraises the trinket, calling upon his myriad of arcane knowledge for any relevant information; the creator, its use, what its presence signifies, etc.

Ludek gains the same insight on the disc Boudicca did, and is able to discern additional information using his repertoire.

Spoiler: Additional information (click to show/hide)

"What is it, then? It could be useful."

Pontie

You put down the two Hollows with ease, but their death gasps attract the attention of three more. Exactly how many arrows did you carry, again...?

Pontie gains two Pittances of Souls.

Larae, Louie

You hear the groans of angry Hollows coming from the town - it appears the figure that appeared earlier is battling several of them on their lonesome.
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 20, 2017, 04:02:32 am »

Kent picks a flask up, studying it closely.
"Estus...? Hm. I know what these are, but I've not seen so much of it in once place before."

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 20, 2017, 05:02:48 am »

Again run back a bit,to have just enough time to check how many arrows do i have left
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 22, 2017, 01:39:20 pm »

Holding one shield as a blockade and the other like a handheld battering ram, Sola ploughs into whatever is left after Evangeline's assault, trying to position herself between the Hollows and her companions after her assault is finished.
thincake

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 22, 2017, 02:04:05 pm »

Evangeline, Melodia, Sola

The Grimmian herald springs into a defensive position against her enemies, shield poised to deflect their blows. One Hollow catches it slightly at an angle, jarring Melodia's arm and sapping some of her strength. The other, however, swings so hard that the deflection knocks its weapon clean away, clattering in the dirt. Melodia is unaffected by its strike.

Evangeline and Sola fare just as well, initially - one Hollow is blindsided by the cleric's enormous sword and has its head cut off instantly.

Evangeline gains a Pittance of Souls.

However, the axe-Hollow and shield-Hollow barely manage to duck and deflect her swing, respectively. Evangeline catches a glancing blow from the former, while Sola, unable to get a clean hit on either target, receives a swing to the gut courtesy of the latter. Her armor reduces most of the damage but a dull throb is quickly underway.
Black lives matter.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 22, 2017, 02:06:46 pm »

Sola retaliates by smashing the offending Hollow in the face with the spiked edge of her offense shield.
Naturally, her perceivable reaction to the pain is negligible.
thincake

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 22, 2017, 02:07:07 pm »

Melodia takes the opportunity to use her shield to bash the hollow that still has a weapon, using her weapon to spear the disarmed hollow in the chest, "For the honor of the story!"
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 22, 2017, 02:11:16 pm »

"I'll strike you down!"

Evangeline swings again at the axe hollow, attempting to split it in half.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 22, 2017, 02:59:09 pm »

Evangeline, Melodia, Sola

Sola's single strike is so powerful, she shatters the Hollow's skull entirely, leaving a rotting crater where its face once was. The wretch makes a disgusting noise and collapses.

Sola gains a Pittance of Souls.

Melodia quickly jumps into action, driving her shield so hard into the still-armed Hollow it goes sprawling back several yards into the dirt. She then turns to the other, shambling over to its dropped weapon, and impales it to the grip on her spear. It gurgles and falls limp before Melodia jerks the weapon out, letting it fall to the ground.

Melodia gains a Pittance of Souls.

Using the momentum from her first swing, Evangeline twirls on one foot and sends her weapon careening into the axe-Hollow with terrifying force. True to her intent, the mindless creature is bisected cleanly in twain. It doesn't even make a sound as the two halves fall over.

Evangeline gains a Pittance of Souls.

During the confusion, Lyndon darts over to the Hollow Melodia had knocked over and drives his sword straight through its heart, killing it on the spot. He wipes the diseased blood on the dead Hollow's armor and stands, turning to face the women with a smile on his face.

"I'm impressed! You all did excellently. Especially you," he says, indicting Evangeline with a wave of his hand. "I'm quite happy to be on the same side as such a powerful fighter."
Black lives matter.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 22, 2017, 03:11:52 pm »

"Mmm. Thank you."

Evangeline gives Lyndon a half-smile, before turning to Melodia.

"Well, if you're sure there's nothing you want, I suppose we could get going."
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 22, 2017, 03:48:19 pm »

"A rest first. Battle should never be sought after combat." Melodia moves to the Bonfire and sits, resting her battle fatigue.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 22, 2017, 05:05:09 pm »

"Well, if that's what you want to do."

Evangeline turns to Lyndon.

"Since Melodia's having her rest, I was thinking I might have a look inside the fortress walls. Want to come with? You've been here for a while, and someone who knows their way around the place would be useful."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 22, 2017, 05:33:35 pm »

Melodia

The Bonfire restores Melodia's lost strength and reinvigorates her completely.

Evangeline, Sola

"Of course. I'd be happy to. Miss Sola, would you like to join us?"
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17