Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: Dark Souls: Threads of Fate IC - Rise  (Read 13092 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls: Threads of Fate IC - Rise
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2017, 10:28:07 pm »

"Perhaps, but tell me, what is this darksign you mentioned?" Melodia asks, hesitant about the answer she will get.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2017, 10:39:34 pm »

"It's a mark upon your body, like a flaming ring, that brands you as an Undead. Like mine."

He pulls his glove back a little so you can see it, glowing a soft red upon his left forearm.

"Most humans hate people with the Darksign on principle. Means the end of the world's on its way, or so I've heard. Don't you have one too?"
Black lives matter.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2017, 10:43:39 pm »

"I see. Can you tell me any more about this place? I'm quite interested."

Louie looks around with just a hint of uncertainty.
"...And I, eh... Don't believe that any of us know how exactly we got here."
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2017, 10:53:47 pm »

Larae, Louie, Samson

"Oh, yes, of course. Cliff Peak is - or was, really - a sort of Undead haven for many years. Those possessing the Darksign would whisper to each other of a village where we could live without persecution, away from those who would put us down... I was one of these people, too. Cliff Peak was everything we'd heard about, if a little more ramshackle, but it wasn't to last. Everyone eventually grew Hollow around me, so I... I barricaded myself in here, and... I've been writing ever since."

The woman has begun wringing her hands together, but she stops as she processes what Louie had said.

"Hold on, did you say you have no idea how you came here? Any of you?"
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2017, 11:04:45 pm »

"None. We arrived simultaneously within the vicinity of one another, I am rather certain that neither of my companions know each other or myself and I most certainly do not know them. Suspicion of possible fugue state is my thought."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2017, 11:08:39 pm »

". . . I don't know what a fugue state is, but that's very strange... What was the last thing you remember?"
Black lives matter.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2017, 11:10:06 pm »

Louie had opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by Larae. After hearing what they have to Say, Louie simply turns to the lady before him and says,
"What they said."

"As for the last thing I remember, I definitely remember trekking far and wide across the land in search of the kingdom of Drangleic. The curse of undeath has been nothing more or less than a burden to me with how everyone else has reacted, and I'd heard tell that in such a place it was possible to free oneself of the curse. The last thing I remember before blacking out and eventually coming to here was... Nah, forget it, you'd never believe me."
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 11:12:24 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2017, 11:16:03 pm »

"Go on. It couldn't be any stranger than my life for the past... ..... ...hm. Well, it's been a while, I know that."
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2017, 11:17:56 pm »

"I was reading a book."

"A fugue state is a state of mind in which the Self is utterly detached from consciousness. Think how the Hollow lose their conscious mind as they degrade, except faster, temporary and lasts variable quantities of time between hours to years, and ceases suddenly and with no warning."

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2017, 11:21:01 pm »

The prospect of a whole new land piques Ludek's interest, as an explorer and an exile. Perhaps he's ended up here for a reason beyond his own conscious recognition... at least, it doesn't seem as though he was forced here by a malign entity.

Ludek nods to Boudicca, then gestures to the armoured giant. "There is nowhere to go but forward, then. I do not presume to infringe, traveler, cross freely so that I may do the same." Likely, this man had nothing to fear from Ludek travelling behind. He had the rights to passage; he was here first, after all. It suited the Envoy just fine.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2017, 11:27:01 pm »

"Gladly. Oh, but we're forgetting something, aren't we?"

The figure turns his grip on his mace so its head faces the floor, then slams it downward with a loud thunk, as if it were a common walking stick.

"My name is Raivo the Soft. I'll ask for yours in exchange, travelers."

Larae, Louie, Samson

"That doesn't sound good at all. Are you sure you're not just... Hollowing?"
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2017, 11:30:12 pm »

"I am certain. Hollowing is a gradual decline. One forgets all before the End. I am quite sound of mind and my memory is quite clear."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2017, 11:32:50 pm »

"All right, then. But that's very strange. I've never heard of anything like that, not even in the Tale."
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 20, 2017, 11:42:16 pm »

"The Tale?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2017, 11:48:02 pm »

"Yes, the Tale of the Sacred Tree. It's a story with great importance to me... Please, feel free to take a copy if you like. There are far too many here for me to keep to myself, but... Actually, I'm not sure if you'll be able to make much use of it, really."

Lady Margot gestures to the many sheaves of paper on the upper floor of the church.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17