Poll

Poll Holder.

Simple Machines'
- 20 (52.6%)
Poll code is buggy.
- 18 (47.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Stellaris: President Ashsaber  (Read 23989 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Stellaris: Madam President Draignean (Democratic Succession)
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2017, 05:55:13 pm »

It was kind of a sad turn... I got to finish a war I didn't start, from which we got absolutely nothing, then I died. :)

Hopefully Alexseyev will be remembered as a good Commissar!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 09:44:39 pm by forsaken1111 »

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2017, 09:38:23 pm »

Good write up. It's a shame your leader died halfway through her term. Though I respectfully disagree with your sentiment on your predecessor.  :P

Wait! I just loaded up the save to check it out and president Alexseyev was alive. What kind of mad science is going on here? She eventually died after I let the game run for about a year.  :o

Also, could we make it a rule that, if your character dies, you should play 'till another leader is elected. That way we'll know if somebody has a second term.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2017, 09:41:51 pm »

Good write up. It's a shame your leader died halfway through her term. Though I respectfully disagree with your sentiment on your predecessor.  :P

Wait! I just loaded up the save to check it out and president Alexseyev was alive. What kind of mad science is going on here? She eventually died after I let the game run for about a year.  :o

Also, could we make it a rule that, if your character dies, you should play 'till another leader is elected. That way we'll know if somebody has a second term.
Hm. when I load up the save it's just after her death. I'll do as you suggest and play till someone is elected and repost the save then.

Edit: Oh I see what happened. It defaulted to a cloud save. I'll fix that.

Edit2: Posting new save now. Umberto Saletta was elected on 2235.01.17

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0hoc7nqaxaxarm/unitedstatesofearth_1307385969.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 06:16:26 am by forsaken1111 »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2017, 03:23:06 am »

Shame to die so soon. Either way, I've picked up the save and will be posting my reports soon.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2017, 08:14:53 am »

Sorry for not taking as many screenshots than I could have. Also, warp drives are even slower than I remember. Even simple exploration takes months, way longer than with hyperlanes or wormholes. Here are the first 3 years.

From the personal log of Umberto Saletta, President of the United States of Earth:

2235-01-17
As it happens, leading the assault on Thimodurus was good for PR. Yes, we won very little of substance in the war, and everyone with a modicum of political sense knows that, but the common man likes the idea of splatting the disgusting crabs that live too close to us. My spin doctor deserves every credit I pay her.

2235-01-18
I have spent some time to assess the situation. Our energy stores were drained in the war, and even though we are in the positive, something has to be done before it becomes a problem.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Galactic Emancipation Society isn’t very happy of our new ‘friends’ being unable to migrate to our planets, but surely Admiral Dominguez has been told they simply cannot live without their psychic nodes? Such a detached Navy type.

The Chimm Pact is at war with the Lyrites, and losing. They do say they have an ally we haven’t heard of, but they’re looking really desperate for some friends.

The Ztrakpor hate our guts. They probably won’t attack us with the Uindar breathing at their necks, but we’d better stay wary.

The scientists are poking at the titans on Hadria. I’d better get some armies recruited there, just in case they rile them up. I will also send the Expeditionary Forces there. This may sound paranoid, but I didn’t win on Thimodurus by ignoring possible threats.

2235-02-01
I’ve appointed a replacement for myself in the army. General Sanjana Gowda was an obvious choice for her courage in always leading from the front line.

Surprisingly enough, telling the Thimoids not to pay us taxes got them to stop sending us their bills. This has helped with the energy situation, though more effort will be necessary.

The Chimm practically jumped at the chance to sign a non-aggression pact with us. Assuming they survive their war, this will serve to cement our relationship later.

I’ve assigned some resources to upgrading the infrastructure on Nova Plymouth. They were still leading themselves from a reassembled colony ship, no less, and couldn’t build anything particularly advanced.

I saw some room for improvement in our ship designs. With the new cold fusion reactors, our destroyers can have more armour plating and stronger engines. Additionally, I took out the long-range sensors from our corvettes; there is no need to pay for their maintenance when the destroyers can simply share their sensor data with them.

2235-07-04
I sent corvettes USSS O’hare, USSS Condor and USSS Flyssa to explore the galactic arm next to ours, as well as a few interesting unexplored systems. Time will tell if there’s anything interesting in there.

2235-10-01
We had fought freaking wars, yet none of our colonies had a spaceport. I’ve ordered one constructed over New Jamestown to take some load off Earth as well as to defend it from invasion.

2235-11-03
Dr. Lloyd brought me a finished report on the possibilities of nanomechanics. It hardly impresses me, so I ordered her to work on something more useful, such as better engines for our ships.

2236-01-05
Dr. de la Cruz tells me that something called Lythuric Gas can strengthen our shields, and as it happens, we already have a source of it on Thradd III. She tells me her next project will be on quantum energy states or something, but more importantly she tells us that this will help solve the energy crisis. I will wait for her results.

2236-08-01
With the founding of Dis, our bureacratic system is falling apart under the weight of managing several systems at once. Because of this, I am planning to give the system of Sirius a certain degree of autonomy. I will wait until the scientists on Hadria have finished poking the titans, however, as I still don’t trust them to do it safely.

2236-08-02
Right after I finished writing yesterday’s entry, we were contacted by a bunch of hippies calling themselves the Cevanti Hegemony. They look a lot like us, but they should be mostly harmless. They have a defensive pact with the Nuurians, however, which limits our options against them. A war might still be worth the cost, as the Nuurians could inhabit the planets the Thimoids will leave behind.

2236-08-23
USSS O’Hare sent a report from her exploration mission: In the Troldom system, there is a fleet of unidentified ships bombarding a planet inhabited by similarly-unidentified aliens. It is not our fight, so I ordered USSS O’Hare to continue her mission. Investigating these aliens can wait.

2236-10-07
Dr. Neumann of USSS Andrew Wiles reports that they have found a Vultaum virtual reality game. A waste of time if you ask me, but apparently studying the game somehow speeds up our research on that quantum energy thing, so why not?

2236-10-24
We apparently didn’t beat the crabs hard enough, as they are now calling us useless. I suspect a President will destroy them once and for all in the future, but I don’t have time for this. A war with the Nuurians would be much more worthwhile.

2236-11-02
Both of the parties fighting in Troldom contacted us. Ethir United Suns, a bunch of disgusting bugs with a surprinsingly similar way of life to ours, and Obevni Serene Nation, gasbag shroom hippies. As mentioned in a previous entry, their war is of little concern to us.

2237-03-29
I’ve been told that the Galactic Othethi Commonwealth is no more. I have no idea who those guys were.

2237-05-02
The scientists on Hadria have made an incredible breakthrough: the titans are indeed intelligent, but what’s more, willing to join our armies. Just one of these things could probably beat 3 armies on its own. Just the thought of sending them against our enemies makes me smile.

Either way, with the studies complete, Sirius is ready for its autonomy. Governor Nina Duchaine, leading from New Jamestown, will ease Earth’s burden on bureaucracy.

2237-07-02
League of Ushu, militant explorers who somehow aren’t rivals with anyone, contacted us. I also signed a non-aggression pact with the Kenjodan Hegemony, even as unaware of freedom as they are. They mustn’t get in the way of my plans.

2237-09-01
Well, it happened. The Thimoids on the conquered planets finally withered away, leaving the colonies to ruin. This event unified the people enough to start an outright colonization fever and will to expand. The sociologist team is baffled of this, and so am I. I guess it's good for us, though?

The Galactic Emancipation Society is no longer at my back, either, as all alive citizens are now free to migrate between planets.

I also told the people on Nova Plymouth to kick their power plants into overdrive as energy is still a problem.

2237-09-13
The USSS Neil Degrasse Tyson found a Vultaum pamphlet on Masqal I. A freaking pamphlet about the evils of VR. Yet somehow, this gave Dr. Lloyd an idea of how to perfect those plasma thrusters she’s working on.

2237-11-07
The spaceport over Earth finished a new construction ship today, as there are more projects than USSS Elon Musk can work on. USSS Linus Torvalds will be a great help in securing more resources for us.

2237-11-14
USSS Andrew Wiles found some birds in an apparent renaissance era in the Naos system, just outside the borders of Nova Plymouth. They might be worth spying on once our borders expand that far.

2238-01-03
Plasma engines. Screw ion engines, these things are so fast, they're going on every ship!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2017, 01:14:50 pm »

2237-05-02
The scientists on Hadria have made an incredible breakthrough: the titans are indeed intelligent, but what’s more, willing to join our armies. Just one of these things could probably beat 3 armies on its own. Just the thought of sending them against our enemies makes me smile.

Either way, with the studies complete, Sirius is ready for its autonomy. Governor Nina Duchaine, leading from New Jamestown, will ease Earth’s burden on bureaucracy.

2237-11-07
The spaceport over Earth finished a new construction ship today, as there are more projects than USSS Elon Musk can work on. USSS Linus Torvalds will be a great help in securing more resources for us.

Nice. I imagine we'll need to make an absolutely gargantuan insignia patches for private Titan.
Also glad to see that we have our first space territory. I'm pretty sure the US hasn't had a territory since we annexed Australia in 2170.
And good choice on the USSS Linus Torvalds.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2017, 01:19:38 pm »

Dr. de la Cruz tells me that something called Lythuric Gas can strengthen our shields, and as it happens, we already have a source of it on Thradd III.
Yes! A gamble that paid off. I wish there were some way to detect if you have those strategics in your territory before researching them. Even if it was just a yes/no indicator and not where or how many

Edit: How did I quote myself? And then the wrong person?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 01:32:48 pm by forsaken1111 »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: President IcyTea31
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2017, 05:12:17 am »

From the personal log of Umberto Saletta, President of the United States of Earth:

2238-02-05
USSS O’Hare got sent home today by some advanced aliens calling themselves the Gravadox Shard. Based on the last message before they went MIA, they won’t be back until next year. When I asked the scientists just how advanced these aliens are, they couldn’t say anything but “really fucking advanced.” At least they seem to be content just keeping to themselves…

This also presents a problem for USSS Flyssa, who now has no friendly territory to return home through. She’ll have to go round the entire galaxy to come home, but that’s the order I gave.

2238-02-24
I called off the rivalry towards the Cithin Nation in order to free up some propaganda space to rivaling the Ztrakpor Foundation. A neighbouring empire should be more effective in influencing our populace.

This influence goes to use in forming a military alliance with the Kenjodan Hegemony. As neighbours to both us and the Nuurians, they are likely to agree to help us in a war. We might want to liberate them of their authoritarian ways in the future, but that can wait.

2238-04-02
I have been informed that a pair of trade deals with the Ess’Jagon and the Uindar have run their course. I wasn’t aware of these deals, but am I glad to see that such terrible deals are now over. These contracts ending practically ended the energy crisis on their own.

2238-09-02
Two new alien empires contacted. Qwe’Pulci Confederacy and Hulfir Imperium. The Qwe’Pulci are too far away to be of concern, while the Hulfir have a particularly broad territory relatively close to us that may become a threat. Furthermore, they appear to be some sort of corpse-puppeting parasites, which is just wrong.

2238-09-06
The Oklarr contacted us with a non-aggression pact invitation. Considering how far away they are, I see no reason for this, but at least this will improve their diplomatic trust in us.

2238-10-03
Dr. de la Cruz demonstrated a working prototype of a quantum energy power plant. It’s too large to fit on a ship, but will greatly help our general energy situation when it comes to planetside matters. I told her to keep working on planetside energy, this time a method for unifying a planet’s power grid to a perfect example of infrastructure.

2239-01-03
Dr. Ortega proposed an improvement to our bureaucracy, making all sorts of political matters easier. His further plans were rather unimpressive, but at least the idea for blowing up volcanoes looked fun.

2239-03-03
Dr. Lloyd gives us new missiles to replace our nukes. The fusion-powered explosion has an even great yield than anything we had previously. Her next project will be making our planetside construction faster.

I also took the liberty of designing a new destroyer class. Heavily armoured and armed with the biggest autocannons we can build, the Morningstar-class specializes in quickly dispatching opposing corvettes and other light craft.

2239-03-23
The Obevni gasbags want a non-aggression pact. Let them have it, we can get rid of it later if we need to.

2239-09-13
That project of surveying habitable worlds is now complete, boosting our volcano-exploding research.

2240-01-06
A problem: the Nuurians signed a defensive pact with the Bessadons. The planned war will be massive if we don’t plan it right, and we may need more allies.

I sent the Nuurians a particularly scathing insult just in case it might provoke them to go on the offensive, but I doubt it will work.

I sent the Ethir a guarantee of independence to raise their trust in us. They’re busy with their war with the Obevni and they are weaker than us, but they may be able to send us a few ships when the time comes.

2240-03-03
The volcano-exploding thing is fun but pretty useless, and now Dr. Ortega is willing to work on a more useful project: improving our bureaucracy enough to allow another system into our ‘core’.

2240-03-25
The Chimm won their war against the Lyrites, and got some of their systems for themselves. They also split off the Sovereignty of Zoldar, a group of slightly more agreeable Lyrites.

2240-04-04
My term is over halfway through, yet I haven’t fulfilled my campaign promise yet. We will need to expand in order to have suitable planets to build research stations over.

2240-04-07
The Chimm pact decided to hate the xeno after talking with the Lyrites now in their empire. Let’s hope they won’t go on a murderous rampage as well.

2240-04-22
They broke their non-aggression pact with us. If only there was a way to audibly sigh through this writing.

2240-08-23
The Kenjodans signed a defensive pact with the Cevanti. All these diplomatic twists are making it harder to guess who will help us against the Nuurians. I’m not sure if an attack is viable anymore with all of their allies.

2240-08-26
The Lyrites just took over almost all of the Kirillians, an alien species we just met, leaving them just one planet. Considering how murderous the Lyrites are, this will probably end poorly for their citizens.

2240-09-06
I revoked The Ethirs’ guarantee of independence. They have no allies and are busy with a war, so they are a juicier target for expansion. Same with the Obevni. We will be forced to have a truce with both of them until 2250, way past my term, but I wish that my successor will take this opportunity.

The only choice left seems to be fighting the Lyrites.

2240-09-13
The Sovereignty of Zoldar agreed to become the Canthari State’s vassal. Let’s see if they can’t make  anything good out of the Lyrite offshoot.

2241-01-03
Dr. Lloyd brought me those building speed designs, as well as the idea of a particularly powerful missile, a torpedo. An excellent idea.

2241-03-03
A network of couriers between our colonies brings our people closer together. I’d say we are about one social breakthrough like this one away from something truly ascendant to mark our place in the galaxy.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2017, 05:58:16 am »

2241-03-12
The Hulfir declared the Nuurians their rival. Considering their power… Well, nobody has ever said this, but allying with the corpse-puppeting shrooms is starting to seem like a good idea.

2241-03-17
I signed a non-aggression pact with them. They don’t trust us enough to ally, but my advisors tell me they would be willing to join a war against the Nuurians.

The Kenjodans, meanwhile, aren’t so only because their navy isn’t built up enough.

2241-12-03
The Hulfir are willing to form a defensive pact. As their military is stronger than ours, this is useful to us in several ways.

2242-01-28
I have ordered the construction of a frontier outpost in the Courus system, right outside Lyrite Ravager space. There is a habitable planet in the system as well, but the primary purpose is to be a stepping stone towards finishing that genocidal scum once and for all.

2242-02-03
Dr. Lloyd’s torpedoes are done. A new class of corvettes, codenamed ‘October’ shall carry them for use in combat.

2242-02-09
The Bessadons colonized a planet in the region of space left behind by the dead Thimoids. This won’t go unpunished.

2242-05-02
Dr. Ortega cleaned up some of the messes in our bureaucracy, and believes we could support another colony without giving it autonomy as we did with Sirius.

2242-06-04
USSS Flyssa was sent home from her circumnavigation of the galaxy by yet another ‘really fucking advanced’ empire.

2242-06-16
The Oklarr and the Cevanti have made a formal alliance they call the Bright Entente, a federation. This pulls the Cevanti out of the defensive pact they had with the Nuurians. The time has come.

2242-07-16
“But… w-why?” was the only response the Nuurians gave. If they cannot understand this, clearly they are unfitting to rule their empire. The Hulfir will keep the Bessadons busy while we take some of the territory we need for those research stations I still haven’t been able to build.

2242-08-13
In the process of our navy mobilization, the Scyldari joined the Bright Entente. We may want to associate with them later, but this war is more important right now.

2243-01-02
We have met the Nuurian main fleet in the Zipir system. They are more numerous. Even though their ships seem poorly equipped, it may be better to turn back and face them after they chase us. Defensive empiress are known to have nasty tricks up their sleeves on friendly ground.

2243-05-08
A clever stratagem: I sent a single corvette to bombard Gekoler, and the Bessadons sent their main fleet to defend this remote colony. As they use warp drives as we do, this leaves plenty of time for the corvette to return while they are winding down, while the Hulfir are sending their own main fleet to the Bessadons’ rear.

2243-08-17
Dr. Fransisco Ortega died today. I recruited Dr. Wei Ouyang to replace him, but he is much more inexperienced. I took lead of the Academy of Technologists in his stead, to keep our politics on the road to better knowledge.

2244-01-16
We have re-entered Zipir with more ships, of the classes I predict will be of most use against their ships. We are unopposed, so far.

2244-04-17
The Hulfir report destroying the main fleet of the Bessadons. Things are going great on their front.

2244-08-26
We are landing armies on Guthur in the Zipir system, and the fleet is still seemingly nowhere. This is concerning; what are those squids planning?

2244-09-20
Guthur fell in under a month thanks to our titanic friend.

2244-09-20
That is a curious structure the Nuurians have control over. We might want it to ourselves to have a look at.

2244-10-17
The Bessadons sent us a message that they no longer consider us their rival. Maybe they’ll stick to themselves once this war is over.

2244-11-03
The United States of Earth have attained such a unity, we could in theory adopt a truly ascendant policy. I will leave this choice to my successor, however, as there are only a few months left in my term.

2245-01-17
The time has come for elections. Who will win is anyone’s guess at this point, but the new president will have to finish this war. It’s going well enough, however, so I’m sure even a less militarily apt politician could handle it.

2245-01-29
The Ethir and Obevni signed a white peace. This is odd, I thought the Ethir had a clear advantage?

2245-04-16
On the last day of my presidency, I order the invasion of Tuggam. The good news should reach the new president within the month.

2245-04-17
Long live President Wei Ouyang. He’ll have to find a replacement for society research, but that’ll be his job now.

Here's the save.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2017, 04:13:44 pm »

Who's still interested in playing?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2017, 04:14:54 pm »

I'm still here... was waiting for my next turn to come up.

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2017, 07:19:57 pm »

I'm swamped right now, so I can't play. Still interested in how it turns out though.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2017, 08:08:15 pm »

I'm here, waiting and able.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2017, 04:50:26 am »

Still interested, even if the last turn was mine.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2017, 03:11:36 pm »

I'm here, waiting and able.

Ok, since you're next after Crux, I'm skipping him. It's now your turn.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6