Poll

Poll Holder.

Simple Machines'
- 20 (52.6%)
Poll code is buggy.
- 18 (47.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Stellaris: President Ashsaber  (Read 23991 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Stellaris: Madam President Draignean (Democratic Succession)
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2017, 12:44:25 pm »

I checked in with Cicero and he's kind of busy right now. I've moved him to the end of the line but still ahead of Draignean and me.

That means that it's Xub313!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2017, 08:34:27 pm »

Yeehaw! I'll start playing tomorrow night. Time to manifest destiny!

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2017, 08:46:05 pm »

I checked in with Cicero and he's kind of busy right now. I've moved him to the end of the line but still ahead of Draignean and me.

That means that it's Xub313!
At the rate we're going, I'm probably going to be busy when my turn rolls around too. Monday after next I'm going abroad for a while, and just prior to then I have preparatory stuff to deal with,  so it might be good to hold me out of the queue until further notice.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2017, 11:44:24 pm »

Yeah, I'll be able to pick up my turn eventually, but if it falls within the next ten-odd days that's a no-go as I'll be busy as well (mandatory training crap). I'll also be out of contact for those days, so if it comes to my turn just pass it on and move me down the list.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2017, 03:54:43 pm »

I'll be away from July 26th until August 3rd. That's over two weeks forward, though, so it shouldn't become a problem unless several people end up being late on their turns.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2017, 03:59:12 pm »

I'll be here for my turn whenever it comes

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2017, 08:58:01 pm »

Ahh, first day in office. My first act as president will be to kill those weird crystal things in Menkar. They're going to get in the way of our eventual expansion, plus they're creeping me out. I'll need to build up our fleet power first. I've cancelled a bunch of queued up infrastructure to get the funds.

The fleet has embarked to take out those crystal guys. Should get there in about a week. As far as diplomacy goes, I've arranged a defensive pact with the Uindar Confederacy and the Ztrakpor slavers to the north of us have declared us our rivals. So I've got slavers to the north and an all consuming hive mind to the south, great.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Our fleet has engaged the enemy in Menkar. The enemy was split up into three fleets. I tried to take them on one by one, but once I engaged one group, the other two came in to help. We lost about half our fleet and there is still a small remnant of crystals in the system. GAH! what a mess. I'll be keeping a better eye on my admirals. This can not happen again!

I sent the fleet back out to clean up the few remaining crystals in Menkar. Our scanners show the sector to be empty of 'em now.

[TOP SECRET]
     I sent out the USS Neil Degrasse Tyson to check out that mountain range we discovered some years ago. What we discovered was completely unexpected. The mountain range is actually a gigantic alien skeleton. The team has a theory that the creature arrived through a dimensional portal. It's bs if you ask me. I can handle dealing with aliens in our own galaxy, but aliens from another dimension? Absurd.
     Anyway, I'm keeping this story from the public until we know more. -President Xub313

Our scientists have completed their nanocomposite armor research. I've set my scientists to work on arming our voidships with nuclear weapons. We've got huge stockpiles on earth. Imagine if we could repurpose those for space combat.

I traded star charts with the Zuffur and allowed us to contact another alien race. They call themselves The Zeppadroggan Empire. My scientists tell me it's some kind of fungus-like lifeform. I can't tell where the face is, it's making me uncomfortable.

In other news, the physics department has a theory on creating long-range warp drives. I've given them the resources to develop their theory a create a prototype.

The eggheads finally got a good system for using nukes in space combat. I've designed a new ship class to accommodate this technology. The missiles have a longer range than our coilguns, so this should allow us to damage the enemy earlier. I'll build a couple Pilum class cruisers to support our space fleet.

Earth has finished a colony ship. It's headed to colonize Ginam III, now known as Nova Plymouth. It's an ocean world, but our robot technology should help with the colonization efforts.

This is the current state of the Galaxy. There are two major alliances. between the UAE, Zuffur, Uindar, and Ess'Jaggan and between the Cithin and Zeppadroggan.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2017, 10:39:15 am »

Ahh, first day in office. My first act as president will be to kill those weird crystal things in Menkar. They're going to get in the way of our eventual expansion, plus they're creeping me out. I'll need to build up our fleet power first. I've cancelled a bunch of queued up infrastructure to get the funds.

How delightfully presidential.

What's your president's name?

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2017, 03:08:11 pm »

President Xub313 is fine, unless you mean in game. That'd be Joan Lloyd.

President Xub313 is fine, unless you mean in game. That'd be Joan Lloyd.

EDIT: Whoops, I accidentally posted my half-finished report. Here's the completed one.

The NDT has found alien monoliths on Thradd II. I've commanded the team to send this data to our engineering department. Maybe they can use it for their research.

I ordered the debris from those crystal aliens to be examined. The eggheads tell me that they can improve our armor with the stuff and even cause our hulls to repair automatically. Wow! My plan to blow those things to kingdom come was better than I thought. Good job Mr. President!

I've sent a ship with state-of-the-art upgraded sensors to scout Thimoid territory. Unfortunately the scanners still couldn't detect their fleets, but it did discover another habitable planet near Thimoid space.

Truthfully, I've been planning to attack the Thimoid from the beginning. Myself being the leader of the militarist faction, I think war with them is inevitable. They're a hivemind and all they've told us is that they plan to eat us. This pretty much makes diplomacy impossible. With the support of the militarist faction, I should be able to declare war by the end of my term as president.

The engineering team has finished researching autocannons. Now they've proposed a kinetic weapon even more powerful than our coilguns. I've granted all the resources they require to develop a working railgun for our ships.

Also, Nova Plymouth has been fully colonized now. I wish the colonists the best of luck on the frontier.

Our Physicists have developed longer-range warp drives. I'm reluctant to equip them on our ships just yet. It draws too much power from the shields. I'll wait a while and see if our researchers come up with any way to boost ship power.

For now I'll let them research a proposed laser weapon for our voidships.

I've traded a lot of energy for minerals with our allies. I need the minerals to get our fleet ready for the coming war with the Thimoid collective.

Our fleet is now 20 corvettes strong. While the last few ships are being built, I've ordered the fleet to destroy those ancient mining drones attacking our civilian ships in the Ciaclothea system.

Also, the science team on the USS Andrew Wiles has proposed that we bombard Chord IIIa with positrons to transform it's useless materials into more useful forms. I've granted them 100 energy credits to go through with their plan.

Our fleet defeated those mining drones with only one casualty. Much better! I think this fleet is ready to take on the Thimoid navy.

In other news, the USS Andrew Wiles has discovered large cloud-like organisms living in Chort V's atmosphere, casting gigantic shadows across the planet's surface. Crazy stuff man.

The Zuffur proposed we trade star charts. I accepted and now we have knowledge of a large chunk of unexplored galaxy. Soon after my inbox was filled with messages from new alien species. Seriously guys, not all at once!

Alien Species:

Area in question:

It seems my need for a better power source has been noted. Scientist Cruz from the physics department came to me with a proposal to develop a cold fusion reactor. Apparently some of her sources are over a centaury old. I'm skeptical, but if this does work it'll really improve our ship designs. I've told her to go ahead with the research.

Among the new aliens we've met, the Scyldari seem really chill. They've already proposed a research agreement between our two civilizations. I've taken the liberty to sign a non-aggression pact with them.

We've finished researching railguns. I'd like to refit our fleet with them, but the election is soon and I want to be the one to pull the trigger on the Thimoid.

The time for the Thimoid hivemind has come. I've spent my entire term building up support with the public to start this war. The militarist faction is in full support of this action too. I've commanded my fleets to jump to the Dabin system from Menkar.

Crab is back on the menu boys!

Our first contact with the Thimoid was a space station on the outer edge of Dabin's gravity well. It seems the Thimoid use an FTL method completely different from our own, wormholes. The station we encountered was apparently created these wormholes for ships to pass through.

I've asked my scientists if we could use this technology for ourselves. They told me it was impossible. When I asked them why, they started spewing all sorts of scientific mumbo-jumbo. I had to detain them just to shut them up. I don't think I'll bring it up again.

Our next stop is the Widbarill system. It'll give us good intel into the enemy's position, but the enemy is not likely to pass through it to get to us.

Our sensors have picked up the Thimoid fleet in Thimagga. It's slightly larger than our fleet but we have better weapons. We can't engage them in Thimagga because the spaceport is too well armed. I'll focus on invading Vim-Ri-Gand and Tilk-Ti-Darb first.

Our armada has reached Tilk-Ti-Darb and has begun orbital bombardment. Troopers are en route to begin invasion of the surface soon.

And with that my term as president is over. I'll go back to leading my faction, making sure that the USE is able to defend itself and it's allies. I wish good luck to my successor, especially in the Thimoid war. Remember, if it goes wrong then that's on you, not me.  ;)

I'll be uploading the save soon guys.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 03:57:41 pm by xub313 »

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2017, 04:32:41 pm »

Here's the save!

And here's the state of the galaxy at the end of my term.

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2017, 07:34:42 pm »

Triple posting yo!

So, since GentlemanRaptor is gone, I guess it's forsaken1111's turn. I'll shoot him a pm. :)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2017, 11:20:40 am »

I've updated the OP to represent that.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2017, 03:10:04 pm »

Hey guys. I have the save although in future can we use some hosting that doesn't require me to enter my email address?

I'll get to this tonight or tomorrow and make some progress.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2017, 03:44:13 pm »

Almost done with my term, I will post the write-up as soon as I finish up and get it all formatted

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2017, 05:52:53 pm »

October the first, 2230

Finally, my time has come.

This is the personal account of Alexseyev Miroslava, aged 71, and I have just been elected Commissary-General. Yes, the names are reversed because the idiot recruiter mixed up the forms. No matter.

As I entered the office of the Commissar, an aide handed me a brief containing a summary of my predecessor’s ‘presidency’ and the current state of the nation. We appear to be at war with the Thimoid. Why? What possible gain could be had from this war?

Oh, I see the former Commissar wished to forcibly annex three worlds from the hive. Does no one read my reports? I was assigned to the initial biological assessment of this species. They are a hive mind. They cannot exist in our society. If we were to annex these worlds then the Thimoid population would simply cease to live. Cut off from the hive, they will wither and die. And the people supported this war?

I suppose I have little choice but to execute it effectively, but this is appalling. It is nothing short of mass genocide. In fact, it is worse. It would have been more kind to nuke them than to let them die slowly.

In any case, let me see how our scientific staff is doing. I have appointed our former Commissar to the crystal plating project I had been working. Ortega is developing new communications methodology for our colonies and Cruz is working on ‘cold fusion’. I believe the proper term for the project is “low-energy nuclear reactions” but you know the media. LENR power plants are far more efficient per volume and will be a great boon to our sciences and military when certain design challenges are met.

The war notwithstanding, I was elected on the promise of expanding our scientific frontier and I intend to do just that. The construction ship Musk is completing work on a mining station but after that I have ordered the construction of a new outpost in the Thradd system to study the pulsar there.
Now, the war. This stupid senseless war. What must I do?

My first act is to address the serious issue of our corvette design. We have several new technologies which have not been applied to our fighting ships. Better sensors, longer ranged drives, railguns, combat computers and armor have been added and the power systems rebalanced. I have dubbed this new class the Alexis and de-funded the old Cutlass and Sitting Bull lines. The Pilum class I have similarly upgraded. The Washington class destroyer has been redesigned to carry a compliment of two missile batteries and three railgun batteries.
General Saletta will lead our ground forces in this pointless endeavor. He has been trained specifically for planetary invasion and has been given adequate funding to marshal 8 fully armed divisions. I hope that will prove sufficient. My hope is that he can force a swift end to this war. I have no real choice but to follow through, if I were to call it off now it would be seen by the people as a defeat.

October the 11th, 2230

What in the world was my predecessor doing during her tenure? Did she have no respect for the sciences? Earth, the cradle of humanity, sits like a backwater. Its facilities are at least a generation behind the cutting edge. Private companies have better equipment than our state-run infrastructure. I have released funds to upgrade the mining infrastructure and industrial sectors of Earth.

August the eighth, 2231

Alpha leader reported that they have sighted a Thimoid fleet and are moving to engage.

The engagement was a success but we took some casualties, I have notified the families of those lost that their sons and daughters died to protect our way of life. A bitter lie, but a necessity. I have also ordered the construction of a new Washington class destroyer, the first of its kind. Building it requires we upgrade the shipyard facilities in Earth orbit.

July the sixteenth, 2232

The invasion force has arrived. Two years they have been crossing the void to get here. Two. Years. If only my predecessor had been more proactive in putting the upgraded drives to use.

The invasion, once it began, ended quite quickly. The ground teams noted several 'psychic nodes' which extended the hive mind's reach over the local population. They began systematically destroying these which caused confusion and ultimately destroyed any resistance. The local population became quiescent and apathetic once the final link was removed.

Between the rapid dismantling of what amounts to part of the being's brain and the handy defeat of it's fleet, the hive mind acceded to our -ahem- peace demands.

Our troops moved through the abandoned planets and reported, much as I predicted, that in the absence of a psionic mind to control and guide them that the local population has grown lethargic. They are no longer caring for themselves and large scale starvation and disease have broken out. According to one sergeant, it 'smells like low tide' across the whole planet. Charming.

I hope we're all happy with ourselves, we've essentially murdered millions but I suppose it was them or us. The captured planets are far too inhospitable for humans to live on, so overall this has been an exercise in futility.

By my calculations, the captured population will have died off within a decade.

June twenty-fifth, 2233

I am feeling unwell lately. The doctors say nothing is wrong medically but I feel ill at ease.

In the wake of the war, I have authorize a general upgrade of military hardware to bring our fleets up to spec. I have also set forth a colonization initiative for Alpha Centauri II, hereafter called Dis because it is a bleak and unforgiving place but will bring in some resources and presents some scientific opportunities.

February the thirteenth, 2234

I am dying. The doctors deny it but I have seen the charts. They think to spare my feelings and hope to find some remedy, but exposure to one of the crystal samples from my crystal plating project has turned out to be poisonous over the long term. Three research assistants who worked with me have also died of exposure, it is only a matter of time. I spend each day attached to machines to keep me alive. I almost wish to end it. Still I continue.

During a review of our scientific projects I note that yet again my predecessor has neglected the sciences. I have authorized blanket expenditures for the project backlog. We must move forward.

The commissar has fallen into a deep coma. We are unsure if she will recover. This is the chair of the department of sciences making an entry into her log on the 2nd of October. Today the final orbital science station Alexseyev promised in her campaign has come online. I thought it important to note, as she has little time left.

The Commissar has expired in the night. Arrangements are being made to elect a new leader after a short mourning period.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 05:56:52 pm by forsaken1111 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6