Poll

Poll Holder.

Simple Machines'
- 20 (52.6%)
Poll code is buggy.
- 18 (47.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Stellaris: President Ashsaber  (Read 23999 times)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Founding Fathers (Democratic Succession)
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2017, 07:26:34 am »

Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Stellaris: A Drunken Electoral-System Rampage (Democratic Succession)
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2017, 07:56:51 am »

[Yeah so, I'm rushing the first colony ship and then switching to industry.]
Spending on expansion while ignoring domestic infrastructure? How appropriate

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: A Drunken Electoral-System Rampage (Democratic Succession)
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2017, 04:18:13 pm »

IcyTea, what's your steam id?
PM'ed.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2017, 08:01:21 pm »

Adaptive and now immediately going for terraforming... I expected the strategies to get a bit discombobulated, but that was fast!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2017, 11:59:59 pm »

Adaptive and now immediately going for terraforming... I expected the strategies to get a bit discombobulated, but that was fast!

I want to make Mars the first new Space Manifest Destiny.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2017, 12:28:06 am »

Huh, it looks like you have a Miroslav in this game.  Better keep an eye out so more of the dynasty doesn't show up to take over everything.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2017, 01:39:07 am »

Looks like we'll be able to get a lucrative 2 b$ of energy production from the Jupiter-Io flux tube. And there's some naturally-occurring metamaterials worth intensive study on Saturn. In only nine months, we'll be able to set to work on them.

After completing the local star scouting mission, I've decided to send the USSS Cangjie out on a long trip to the galactic core. Equipped with three incredibly powerful coilguns and crewed with some of Earth's finest, she is the one of the most formidable warships in history. She will have no trouble with whatever's out there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My major concern is that the captain may conquer some primitive world and set himself up as some kind of king. I'll have to keep a close watch on his mission reports...

What kind of strange beings are these? More than ten times as powerful as our ship? We may have more work ahead of ourselves here. Fortunately the alien entities are passive, and may be entirely ignorant of combat.

More strange alien entities, these apparently made of crystal, have been found in Withrilli! Even more powerful, it seems that we will have to start building more ships if we want to bring freedom to the Galaxy.

Excellent. With the terraforming tech we're working on now, someday soon we'll be carving my face into mariner valley.

2201.08.01: We finally started assembling the drive core for the USSS Mark Watney. She'll depart for Sirius in a year.

The eggheads found a strange mountain range on Titan. I was all ready to authorize a closer look when they said they estimated a 40% chance of mission failure. Not sure how you can fail to see some mountains, but I told them to wait on it until they felt more confident.

2201.10.16: Triton has a 3b$ mineral deposit begging for exploitation! I'll get the Elon Musk to head out there once we've stockpiled enough materials to get started on a mining base out there. In the meantime, I've sent the Tyson to survey Sirius III in detail.

Superb! It even has giant mutant wolflike predators to hunt!

When future presidents look back at my term, I think one thing will be clear; my legacy was one of great expansion for the United States of Earth. And we'll start by double-packing all of the cryocells on the colony ship.

2202.08.02: Load the coilguns with garlic and butter shells, gentlemen.

Close, on a galactic scale, yet far enough that it won't be too much of a threat right off the bat. Only a few days after we put together this map, they closed their borders to us. We'll see about that. They're apparently some kind of devouring swarm on their homeworld. Diplomacy won't work.

2203.02.14: It's a beautiful thing. I cut the ribbon myself, thanks to a remote-controlled drone strike.

2203.08.02: This changes EVERYTHING. Evil space lizardman slaving nazis? THE MIDTERMS ARE MINE! The crabs can wait! And our scouting mission shows that their homeworlds are much like Earth! We'll be able to liberate them directly into our control! But first we need gunships... lots of gunships. Oh, and something about extinct worm things on Alpha Centauri? Honestly doesn't sound very important right now. The report did mention something the scientists are calling betharian stones under a toxic kelp forest. Highly energetic stuff, apparently.

2204.02.08: Still trying to stabilize the economy after the establishment of New Jamestown. It's still sucking resources to establish the intitial foothold. The aliens haven't made any agressive moves yet, but it's only a matter of time, and we still don't have the industry we need to fill out our fleet yet. But Triton is already producing and we've got the flux-tube channeling equipment set up in Jupiter orbit.

2204.08.10: Something about an abandoned alien VR complex on... let's see here... Ynessa VIIa. Why should I care? There's live aliens actually trying to eat/enslave us.

2204.10.14: Dr. Lloyd has finally completed her solar panel research. I was so dissapointed in the project that I confess I expected little military applications in her next batch of proposals, but she said she has some ideas for a photon-based shield that sound very practical... it'll take five years to reach the field, but by then we could be in a war. I gave the go-ahead.

2205.01.18: UNSUBSCRIBE. I do not want to hear about worm observatories! DELETE ME! Seriously, you'd think the President of Earth could get a decent spam filter.

2205.03.03: New Jamestown is finally in the black! With that off the balance sheet, we're finally out of deficit as a whole, and we can start really aggressively expanding the mining operations in New Jamestown.

[EDIT: GOD DAMN IT, Imgur ate most of my images! It showed them working fine and now they won't load! I've fixed a few, I think.]
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 03:12:12 am by PTTG?? »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2017, 10:00:01 pm »

2205.07.02: We made contact with some kind of allegedly democratic religious space cult.

2205.10.20: Ynessa will double our industrial output when fully settled. No proper biospheres there, but 13b$ of mineral deposits.

2206.04.02: Our scouting missions have gotten us in contact with half a dozen alien races, but all of them have been some kind of insane and deadly threat that we, the U.S.E., will surely defeat. But for once, for once, I think we have met someone we can work with here. We will greet you properly in battle, my friends, and I think we will be on the same side.

I've offered to share our map data with the "Citizen Confederation of Zuffur," the first interstellar trade deal ever organized. Hopefully we can convince the Zuffurites to work with us, at least long enough to handle the crabs, and the lizard nazis, and the religious weirdo bugs in the outer arm, and the space crystals...

2206.09.01: My fellow Earthans, the only alien nation we have yet met that has any awareness of the value of democracy and the freedom to bear arms is even now under threat from a vast and dogmatic empire...

2206.11.05: Excellent. Incidentally, I'm told that their seal depicts a sword coming right at you, accompanied by an explosion of shrapnel. So hardcore. [I'm not sure why I'm doing better at a diplomatic approach right into my most militaristic game yet.]

2206.12.06: [Unlocked a new traditions slot, but decided to leave it for the next player.]

2207.01.04: Why does everything happen at the same time? No sooner do I sit down to the first interesting news from the eggheads, I'm told that the Cangjie has found hostiles and is opening fire. Of course we only use the old mass drivers the day they become obsolete.

Well, in the meantime, I've ordered research to expand our spaceports. Hopefully we can produce larger combat ships and prepare to take on these threats.

2207.01.28: The Cangjie was destroyed with all hands by missile fire before she could even fire a shot.

2207.03.04: Apparently emboldened by the alien attack on the Cangjie, local human pirates have started arming their ships. I've ordered cutlasses delivered to all captains and cameras installed in all airlocks.

2207.03.05: So apparently swords are not "practical in space combat" and "a waste of reaction mass." Well, they can't keep me from naming the new line of coilgunships the Cutlass-class!

2207.04.14: Pirate forces showed up to attack our industrial outposts in Ynessa. I'm building cutlasses as fast as the minerals come in, but for converted civilian ships these things are rediculous. They have four corvettes that have shield tech and coilguns. Where did they get the shields? Clearly one of these aliens is supplying renegades...

2207.11.01: The pirates looted one of our mining colonies and fled to Ditrim, or possibly somewhere past it. We'll be sending a housewarming party of Cutlasses shortly.

2207.12.04: Ctrl-F. "Vultaum." Delete. I'm trying to fight pirates here!

2208.07.07: The 3rd Fleet, under Admiral Esteban Dominguez, has just been dispatched to Ditrim and bring justice to anyone who would interfere with U.S.E. corpor- liberties.

2208.08.28: The pirates are holed up in an armored base. If we approach now, they'll reinforce themselves. I'll have the fleet hold position outside of range and blockade the system to pull the pirates out of their bunker.

2208.10.02: NOBODY ASKED YOUR OPINION.

2209.01.03: The pirates have finally made a move. They're trying to slip out the other side of the system, but we'll catch them while they're warming up their drives and annihilate them!
Or not, because that makes sense. Alright, fine, we'll still catch them before they can reach our mines.

2209.03.07: Space combat at its finest: combat from inches away. The pirates were defeated with no losses, and I now can spend some time to -- what, what? FORGET ABOUT THE EXTINCT WORMS ALREADY. JEEZ THIS IS LIKE THE FOURTH THING YOU GUYS FOUND ALREADY. Anyway, after we patch up the third fleet, it'll fly out and eradicate the pirate base, and we'll be left with a good start to a proper navy.

2209.09.05: Repairs are complete just in time to upgrade the Cutlass class with shield generators.

2210.01.04: Campaign season has formally begun. Although my party holds large sway, the two current favorites to win are Dr. Mambretti, whom is captaining the USSS Tyson and therefore gets a lot of good press, and  Secretary of the Interior Jie Zhuge, or as we like to joke, Governor of Earth. Oh, and not to be discounted, Admiral Dominguez, who defeated the pirates with no lost ships whatsoever. May the best candidate win (me).

2210.04.01: Well, it was nice while it lasted. President Mambretti will make a fine executive. Good luck dealing with all the insane dogmatic aliens.

The Save.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 01:15:32 am by PTTG?? »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2017, 05:33:55 am »

As PTTG has graciously gifted me Utopia (Thank you!), I'd now like to join the waitlist.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2017, 10:22:40 am »

A Hivemind Empire and a Fanatical Purifiers Empire? Oh, this could be good.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2017, 01:46:58 pm »

Sorry for the delay guys, nothing terribly exciting has happened, but I'll try and finish the write-up and pass the save along tonight.

Little gunplay, little expansion. We're keeping it tight.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2017, 11:50:16 pm »

Double posting: Finished my term. Utterly uneventful. We've got Fusion and Robots, the north of the galaxy is getting dicey, and our Cutlass class ships have been upgraded. No real action though.

I know I said I'd get the write-up down tonight, but I'm too damn tired right now and the thought of matching all the pictures up to their positions is making my eyes cross.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Madam President Draignean (Democratic Succession)
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2017, 08:46:31 pm »

2210.04.02: The election is done with, finally. If I had to listen to that jackass complain about getting spam mail one more time… Regardless that’s in the past, Nicole Brockbank has my old position aboard the Tyson,  and my term as president means we can look forward to a future of prosperity and-

Oh hell, I’m told 3rd fleet is already shooting at someone. I best have a look…

2210.04.03: It seems the former president had some decent plans on the books. 3rd fleet has successfully engaged the pirate station, crippling its defenses and allowing our boarding parties to loot it before they blasted it to kingdom come.

Total net value is estimated at 180 b$ in minerals (9 months of current production!) and 100 b$ (~14 months production!) in energy credits. Damn good thing this didn’t happen before the election, damn good thing. Certainly sets the right tone for my reign.

I mean presidency.

2210.04.5: Decided that we should continuing moving towards an expansion of our empire, and I’ve been encouraging our colonization experts to make every effort to make it easier for our citizens to Reach For The Stars.

2210.09.18:
Using the profits from the destroyed pirate station, we’ve begun construction of several new mining stations in Ynessa and Procyon. Never let it be said that I don’t stick with my campaign promises.

2210.11.22:
Research on the pirate ships has finished. Turns our they’re not half bad in a scrap, and our engineers think that they’re armor is actually superior to our current hull plating, and they’ve got a nifty set of CIWS guns that are rather pathetically useless against our coilguns.

Still, might be a design to file away for a rainy day.  The Tyson has been ordered back to surveying duty now that the immediate task has been completed.

2211.03.12: An interesting proposal has crossed my desk. Apparently some of our top diplomats have been approached by the Confederation of Zuffur with a sort of brain-trust idea. We share notes into some of our technological advances, they share notes on some of ours.

After being assured that they were the Confederation of Zuffur and not ‘Suffer’, I opted to allow this exchange of knowledge with our democratic lizard brethren. A historic deal between empires!

2211.07.10: Not three months after we sign our first research treaty, a second on pops up with the bizarre insectoids of the Uindar Confederacy. They may look bizarre, but our scientists tell us that, while we have relatively little to offer them, they’ve got a wealth of new and interesting tech to offer us.

Deal number two, signed! I am best president.

2211.12.03: Plans have been enacted to begin colonizing the Ocean World known as Sirius prime. The colony, dubbed Hadria by some quack with a history degree, should be up and running within a year!

2212.02.15: Two years into my ten year term, and my election promises are fulfilled. Additional mining stations have been constructed, as promised, and our economic footing is more stable than ever before.  The only little niggle was some joker deciding that the headline should refer to me as the Commissary-General rather than president.
When I find that little skeet…

2212.11.07: Dear Lord, this whole diplomacy thing is so much easier than I realized. The Ess’Jaggon also want to have a research deal with us, and while our tech split is pretty equitable, it still favors us slightly. Still, it got my seal of presidential approval within minutes of hitting my desk.

2212.12.12: 12/12/12, an auspicious day. We’ve developed improved spaceports, and are ready to start flinging ourselves into the black with ever greater abandon. I’ll order the upgrades when it’s convenient, but, in the meantime, I’ve ordered our engineers to work on geo-thermal fracking. A few more b$ of minerals of month is the shot in the arm we need.

In a side note, the Elon Musk also finished the construction of an orbital station to study a nearby black hole. I’m told it’s fascinating, and has nearly doubled the speed at which we can tackle complex physics problems.

2214.08.16: Things have been going smoothly. Deflector shields are unlocked, and our people are more ready to embrace the stars than ever before. We’re going to be building frontier outposts soon, quite a number of them, and I’ve delivered more than a few stirring speeches about our need to embrace the horizon, and have done all I can to make deep space mining seem an attractive life.

2215.06.20: Hadria finally has its legs together, and the population is beginning to expand. Unlike some worlds colonized by my predecessor, it isn’t covered in toxic kelp, and thus I think we can move ahead quite quickly with colonization. A bit of power in order to supplement our mining station network would certainly not go amiss…

2215.06.22: Geothermal fracking is a go! In the meantime, our scientists are working on a rather brilliant new series of exosuits that will do wonders to improve the safety (and efficacy) of laborers at mine sites.

2216.02.06: The Tyson discovered a fascinating meteorite, but little else of note. We’re hearing diplomatic chatter from the near empires, most of it having a decidedly favorable cast. The nazi bugs to the north are alienating (literally) everyone around them, and I have a sense that there will be no shortage of allies when we choose to exterminate them.
The hive mind to the south has been quiet, but we’ve likewise heard murmurs of discontent from nearby factions. We’re well poised to lead this galaxy. The meteorite is a good omen.

2216.08.06: I was just about to sign the order to begin the construction of an experimental new Fusion reactor when I got a new message from the Tyson on the Red Phone. They’d discovered something that required my immediate attention: new and utterly titanic life. They needed to know whether it should be investigated or merely left alone.
Naturally I told them to investigate immediately. No way in hell I was going to be the president who let Godzilla slip away into the misty voids of space!

2216.08.07: Hell. It turns out that our scientists don’t expect much headway on taming the damn things for near on ten years, even if I were to authorize full finding. I suppose it’s going to have to wait until a later term, or another President’s tenure, to actually work with these giants.

2217.05.11: Well, the Ess’Jagon have finally made me an offer I have to refuse. The want to form a defensive pact with us. The problem is that the Uindar are the people most likely to attack them, and the Uindar aren’t bad folks either. In all honesty, we’ll likely stand to benefit from whichever of the two emerges victorious.

2218.04.14: Fusion power is ours! This late in the term it’s likely going to remain my best achievement, but I’ve ordered upgrades made to the old cutlass design using the new reactor cores and the improved defensive fields. The result is a complete doubling in shield strength, and I’ve ordered our current standing fleet refitted to use the new design.

2219.10.05: Ah, one final crowning achievement before the election. Our engineers have finally been able to realize the dream of robotics. While each individual labor force does cost a bit of mineral wealth to produce, one simply cannot overstate their usefulness in supporting burgeoning colonies on inhospitable shores.

My successor will be the one to reap the benefits of the continuing work on destroyers, but no matter. I am content to have made this mark on history.

Apparently some paranoid fool from the dark ages had law on the books that forbade the use of complex artificial intelligence. Which is absurd. These things are basically advanced toasters. I've been able to amend the policies in light of recent advances, and these robots are now allowed to to be used on colonies as long as their position is kept to one of strict servitude. This, I would like to reiterate, is still a bit of a non-sequitor. It's an appliance. Not a servant.

Perhaps I should introduce it as a bit of a non-servitor next time? Hah! I bet that would kill at the next meeting of colonial governors...

2220.04.03: Elections are underway again, and, despite all that I have done, I’m not the front-runner. Ah well, perhaps I need the break. I’m still young enough to have another go ten years down the line… right? Damn, now I'm thinking I should have tried to pour some research into vitality boosters...

Here's the Save

Sorry for a shitty write-up, guys.  :-\  Moving took a lot more out me than I expected, and I really couldn't do it justice. If you ask me now why I set up a second colony instead of putting down a frontier outpost in the galactic north, my answer would be a confused shrug.

I probably would honestly have been more entertaining if I'd taken a fifth of whiskey first. Still, we're in a decent spot.
---

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2017, 02:25:58 am »

God Bless America Earth. Also yeah, I wrote it in as "president" when I made the nation, but then it reset when I configured the ethos, I think. We could reform the government at some time and fix it, I suppose, presumably when we upgrade.

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2017, 08:53:47 am »

My turn yes? I'll get started right away!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6