Poll

Poll Holder.

Simple Machines'
- 20 (52.6%)
Poll code is buggy.
- 18 (47.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Stellaris: President Ashsaber  (Read 23992 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Stellaris: President Ashsaber
« on: June 16, 2017, 02:32:19 pm »

"Welcome, President [Insert Name Here]! Have a seat at the UN Space High Command Desk. As you may know, your predecessor left us an unfortunate budget deficit, and also an unpopular war with the Glorbax Empire, and hopefully you can do something about the synth civil rights crisis..."

This is a succession game where each player plays the democratically-elected leader of the future human government. Since Stellaris supports Grover Cleavelanding (serving non-consecutive terms), this might mean that play will not always be linear. This is fine. As a rule of thumb, please do not use influence to support your own leader, but feel free to spend it how you like to support new ones.

There's a lot of edge cases in all of this, so rather than do all the details right now, we'll just do this ad-hoc. In general, we want to ensure that people don't spend too long in the waiting list, and that no player has to play like half the turns. I'll keep records here in the OP according to which leaders are which players.

As for the poll, it's actually several micropolls. Select your favorite combination of entries or leave some entries blank if you don't care (I discovered after creating the poll that I could not increase the number of votes per person, so you'll have to pick your four favorite options). Non-players who intend to lurk may vote for something they'd like to see, but please don't vote for the DLC and Mods things since those are a player-side decision for the most part. If you have specific mods or DLC in mind, post them in the thread. And add your name for a seat at the table!

By default, I'm thinking we'll play stock UNSC, but I'm open to a custom Human Republic if anyone has special ideas. If we play Utopia, we would certainly want to discuss the special traits.

Oh, as for LP posts, it's up to you how much you want to write. A quick summary is OK, but you're also welcome to write a lengthy in-character memoir if you want.

Waiting List:
1.) Ashsaber
2.) Draignean
3.) Xub313
4.) Forsaken1111
5.) IcyTea
6.) Cicero
7.) Cruxador
8.) PTTG

Former Presidents:
2200 - 2210 David J. Johnson (PTTG)
2210 - 2220 Dr. Mambretti (Draignean)
2220 - 2230 Joan Lloyd (Xub313)
2230 - 2234 (forsaken111)
2234 - 2245 Umberto Saletta (Icytea31)
2245 -- Wei Ouyang (Cicero)

Presidential Library:
President Draignean
President Forsaken111
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 11:47:34 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Solid PTW.

Might consider getting the game and ruining everything having my first try be this game.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

I'll recommend some mods later. I'm particularly fond of new ship classes and more, along with one of the tech extenders.

Solidly interested.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I think the first of these should be a no-mod game personally
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 03:23:14 pm by forsaken1111 »

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would play this for sure! Crossing my figures that we play it with Utopia.

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile

I can't wait to see what kind of galactic hell-hole this succession game creates. Count me in!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile

I am one hundred percent down with this. Sign me up - intergalactic warcrimes await!
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks like we're trending towards having a militarist materialist democracy, which sounds actually quite interesting. Maybe the USSR won the cold war.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now, when voting, I selected obviously Egalitarian, which is, as I understand it, is necessary for a democracy. But the other things, I thought "What makes the biggest potential disaster the fastest" and went with those options.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now, when voting, I selected obviously Egalitarian, which is, as I understand it, is necessary for a democracy. But the other things, I thought "What makes the biggest potential disaster the fastest" and went with those options.

In Utopia, you can have a democracy so long as you are at least neutral on the eg/auth axis.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: A Drunken Electoral-System Rampage (Democratic Succession)
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 12:37:25 pm »

I reckon I should have time for this.

Rather than staying human (which is a bit boring tbh) why don't we just have a Google survey for players, to set up a custom race? After a bit of in-thread discussion, then (assuming there's not a clear and total consensus) just have a question independently for each option. Maybe allow a few top preferred options for things with a lot of choices (portraits, species and government traits) to prevent the case where a lot of things have only one vote. Or just add things with in-thread proposals to the list.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 01:12:32 pm »

While I would be happy to do so, I would propose we stick with humans, so as to make sure that the initial conditions are standard and boring -- the interesting elements of the game's story will be the things that the players do to this blank slate.

And given time, a player could see to it that the human species is genetically engineered into whatever variants one likes.

I'll put up a poll to see if we should decide the faction or stick with humans.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 01:14:43 pm by PTTG?? »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2017, 01:14:11 pm »

While I would be happy to do so, I would propose we stick with humans, so as to make sure that the initial conditions are standard and boring -- the interesting elements of the game's story will be the things that the players do to this blank slate.

And given time, a player could see to it that the human species is genetically engineered into whatever variants one likes.

I would then further suggest that we get the advanced gene-modding mod which allows you to change the appearance of a species, not just its traits.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: New Poll (Democratic Succession)
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2017, 03:27:44 am »

I think we have a good number of players to start with. The vote was largely in favor of DLC, so I'm thinking Utopia is in. Anyone who's already signed up not have Utopia?
There's a narrow margin against mods. Would any players have a problem if we had a few small or utility mods? What mods would people like to see?

Looks very convincing that we want a large, crowded galaxy. Check.

Going over the ideology votes, it looks like a strong favorite is a militarist empire, and moderate favorites for materialist and xenophile. I'll set up a second round poll to narrow it down.

If you're playing and want Utopia, post the empire civics you like most here.

EDIT: Options for nation names and themes are welcome!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 03:32:43 am by PTTG?? »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2017, 03:29:20 am »

It's earth, so you need to be fanatic egalitarian militarist.  Liberty by any means necessary.
Shoes...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6