Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: You are a Lich (SG)  (Read 3369 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
You are a Lich (SG)
« on: June 16, 2017, 01:52:37 am »

...and you are severely bored.  Thanks to your immortality, you have long become the master of all schools of magic known, including the really weird ones, and you have had a stint or two as an immortal dictator, faking a fall once the constant annoyance of adventurers cropping up and the far more horrifying bureaucracy finally got to you.

What do you do to alleviate the boredom?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Lich (SG)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 02:06:11 am »

Trying to kill Adventurers that tresspass your land in the most creative ways
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 02:07:15 am »

Try creating a new form of Un-life that is neither living or undead, but superior to both.

If it obeys us, cool, we have a new minion to play god with. If it rebels, we have an enemy to kill time fighting.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 04:38:48 am »

Become a Demi-lich

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 04:52:36 am »

Become The Raddest Lich Lute player in all the land
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 05:37:16 am »

In which setting does the game takes place? Generic High-Fantasy? Modern world mixed with Fantasy? In any case, I'm in!

If it's a modern world with fantasy elements: Go and buy Fallout: New Vegas copy in the nearest store!
If it's a fantasy world: Summon skeletons and make them dance along with me.

Disclaimer: This post may or may not be edited.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 10:25:06 am »

build a magitech mech out of bone, some supercharged super strength undead muscle (for extra punching power) and various other things and magic
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 11:31:46 am »

Trying to kill Adventurers that tresspass your land in the most creative ways

Eh, you already have defenses set up that start with swarms of Chihuahuas of War attacking them and only get stranger from there.  Besides, after the first thousand, killing adventurers is a bit dull, even if you are getting creative.  Granted, that is no excuse not to be creative.

Try creating a new form of Un-life that is neither living or undead, but superior to both.

If it obeys us, cool, we have a new minion to play god with. If it rebels, we have an enemy to kill time fighting.

It turns out that the line between life and undeath is a bit "one or the other," as the only division between the two is the question of whether the entity has a soul or not.

Become a Demi-lich

That would reduce yourself to only a single part of your body.  If you did that, you couldn't do anything with the tactile magics or those that utilize crafting as a component.

Become The Raddest Lich Lute player in all the land

You learned to play one when you were working on learning all the music-based magics.  Going professional would be a bit difficult however.  For one, you are just a skeleton, so you can't take copious amounts of drugs.  For another, liches don't have the best reputations, despite your attempted public relations campaigns.

If it's a modern world with fantasy elements: Go and buy Fallout: New Vegas copy in the nearest store!
If it's a fantasy world: Summon skeletons and make them dance along with me.

You...actually aren't sure what the current tech level of the mortal races is.  Probably want to check in on that sometime.  Tech tends to progress really slowly, so even if its been a really long time, there probably hasn't been too much of an advancement.  You idly wonder if you should contact some of the other liches you know over Skullbook using your custom-built Deep Rot.

build a magitech mech out of bone, some supercharged super strength undead muscle (for extra punching power) and various other things and magic

Why bones?  While it does keep with the aesthetic, there's a bunch of far stronger stuff that could be used.  Sure, magic can bring the bones up to that same level, but those other substances are already there.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 11:33:27 am »

bone mech. If magic brings it up to the level of other materials, why not keep the aesthetic?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 12:02:44 pm »

Alter a creature into a massive beast with zombifying clouds for breath and send it to go zombify villages.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2017, 12:22:07 pm »

Build a magic silver/titanium alloy mech, with the exterior beautifully shaped to make it look like a giant hulking cyborg skeleton. Functionality and aesthetic!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2017, 12:30:19 pm »

Consider becoming a god.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2017, 01:03:28 pm »

"Nah, that's fine! I don't need to contact the other liches, I want to dance instead!"

Summon at least 68 skeletons, then go to the "Community of Sexy Skeletons Appreciators" and twerk along with my skeleton minions, giving major boners to those fleshy bone fetishists.
After that (doesn't matter if the previous action is a failure or success), buy a local abandoned warehouse and turn it into a skeleton strip-club.

((Since people already trying to build mechs and cyborgs, I'm gonna assume the setting is Modern Fantasy. But here's the question; is it a completely fictional world, or it's a copy of Real Life Earth with a pinch of magic?))
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2017, 01:11:14 pm »

bone mech. If magic brings it up to the level of other materials, why not keep the aesthetic?
Build a magic silver/titanium alloy mech, with the exterior beautifully shaped to make it look like a giant hulking cyborg skeleton. Functionality and aesthetic!
Alter a creature into a massive beast with zombifying clouds for breath and send it to go zombify villages.

Well, for any of these, you would need to get supplies.  All of your supplies are currently tied up in either traps, maintaining the traps, citadel construction, citadel maintenance, equipment, or maintaining your equipment.

Consider becoming a god.

Gods can only fight against gods, and you've pissed off enough of them that if you do ascend, all of the more established ones would probably try to kick your ass.  May want to get some allies and worshipers first.

"Nah, that's fine! I don't need to contact the other liches, I want to dance instead!"

Summon at least 68 skeletons, then go to the "Community of Sexy Skeletons Appreciators" and twerk along with my skeleton minions, giving major boners to those fleshy bone fetishists.
After that (doesn't matter if the previous action is a failure or success), buy a local abandoned warehouse and turn it into a skeleton strip-club.

((No.))

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2017, 01:35:49 pm »

Lets ask the Deep Rot what the current tech of the mortals is like.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!
Pages: [1] 2