Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Mad Science  (Read 576 times)

TheLat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven Mad Science
« on: June 15, 2017, 07:47:55 pm »

I've been reading about werebeasts, and I had an idea.  Werebeasts completely heal completely and instantly when they transform.  Necromancers can reanimate parts.  Let's say you have a werebeast in a pit and then hack him to bits with axedwarves, then leave the bits there.  Then cart in a captured necromancer, reanimate the bits, then take the necromancer away.  On the next full moon, will all the bits heal into clones of the original dwarf?  And will they still be aligned to the necromancer after the healing?  Has anyone experimented with this?

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Mad Science
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 02:50:43 am »

Earlier I happened to do some accidental science on that; in that version (.40.24 I think) complete healed bodies were actually created upon reanimation. After that they would just be regular zombies. Each "grasping" bodypart (head and hands) could be reanimated, so you could get up to three complete werecreature zombie clones from one original.

I never got to point where I could verify whether the were regeneration power would pass beyond one reanimation cycle; it would have been interesting to find out if infinite cloning was possible.

For further info, see this link: Werezombie cloning
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?