Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 173588 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - Ending is near
« Reply #2340 on: April 25, 2018, 03:38:35 pm »

Dead? Hah! I’m more alive than I’ve ever been.
This world is but on in a chain of many, itself one of many chains in a net. This chain belongs to Axeworth, and it is for him that we fight right now!
It is Cliber’s fault that this world has fallen into ruin, that the gods have turned to cruelty! He corrupted the chains, drained the strength even from the Great Master above Axeworth!
I could have left. I can make my own chain now. But I will not leave until this blight upon the worlds is destroyed as it deserves!

And I could always turn into a spectre, why the hell are you now jumping to the conclusion that I died?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: April 25, 2018, 04:17:46 pm »

"So, you're telling me that the source of all corruption is a being like Cilber? And you consider that killing him is the answer?"

"Aaron, the corruption is going to continue existing, regardless of Cilber. Not only is the damage done, but because the natural state of a world isn't purity or corruption, but Balance. Balance of Good and Evil, Chaos and Order. What do you expect from Cilber's death? For the world to magically be a better place, a true utopia? The damage would still be done and we would have just added yet another body to the pile."

"And when Cilber falls, another being like him will eventually rise, sooner or later. This is what I call the "Cycle".

"Let's say Cilber is defeated. Let's say that the world is now a Good place, ruled by Order. Kingdoms rise and the world is in peace. It comes to an stop because of this. Because there is an excess of it, there no balance. You can't have good without evil. You can't have light without shadows. A wolrd can't be warm without cold. This lack of balance causes the reality to react. How does reality fixes this problem? Probably another "Cilber" would show up and move the world to the next phase. Think of the reality cycle like a wheel. The universe needs to keep the cycle. If the wheel stops rolling, it falls and comes to an stop."

"There's always an era of "light" and an era of "dark". These might be just centuries or even whole universes. An universe of light, that later ends and from it's remains another universe of dark is born. That mean that killing Cilber is useless, as another like him would probably show up later, here, on another world or in another universe. Not only that, but if he caused the damage, he must be the one capable of restoring it."

"Think about it. The universe probably wants us to kill Cilber because that would continue the Cycle. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel that killing Cilber won't solve all of our problems. He's still a prisoner of destiny, just like all of us. There must be a third option."

((Feel free to explain the true nature of the chains so Pguhyuh stops making crazy theories.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: April 25, 2018, 04:27:24 pm »

(If this happens.)

"Hey, I missed you too. Well, I'm not really sure what's going on other than Cilber has been corrupted. Or maybe he had always been corrupted since the beggining. Of course, Inquisitor guy has decided yet again that violence is the answer. It seems to be working fine, but Cilber is still a divine being. Death might not be the end to his existence."
"You are mistaken. I am defending myself, as the fallen one decided to strike first when I entered the cathedral. He would have Sic'd his armies of undead and dark spirits upon me If not for the intervention of the gods and Aaron. He has declared himself the cause of our apocalypse, and a parasite to our creators. His existence is at the expense of the very world we live in."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: April 25, 2018, 04:29:52 pm »

((Reynald is inside the forcefield and Pguhyuh is outside. I don't think they are even that close, depends of the forcefield size.))
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: April 25, 2018, 04:38:23 pm »

Actually, Cilber shot first, and you know, violence tends to be the answer a lot for us.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: April 25, 2018, 04:44:28 pm »

"I think we should at least be asking why. Why would he bring an end to the same world he lives in? Why would he attack without reason just like the feral undead someone who is clearly stronger than him? Why would Cilber fight alone when he has demigods in his ranks? Why would he give gear and informatiom to his enemies?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: April 25, 2018, 04:59:38 pm »

Becuase he's a dirty, lying, self centered, egotistical, swine. Was any of his information helpful? Did it in anyway help us stop him? No, he was giving us a new shiny bauble to chase after so he could finish his plan. As soon as we met him, I said we shouldn't trust a word coming out of his mouth.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: April 25, 2018, 05:07:35 pm »

Cliber doesn't just exist in this chain, Pguh. He's endemic to all of them connected to the Great Master. He's even admitted that this is his fault, and Axeworth has said as such as well! As for all you're going on about "cycles", it's Cliber's fault that there's a cycle of destruction in and of itself! It is because of the imperfections he imparted to the chains that require those like Axeworth to reforge them - Cliber is not a symptom of the corruption, he is its source! The world may stay damaged for now, but the end you have heard foretold, the night? That is the work of Axeworth, reforging this world! And do you know why he has to do that, and has had to do that for eternities? It is because Cliber is putting imperfections into the worlds, draining them, until they end up like this!

I have spoken with Axeworth! I have seen the nature of reality, and I know what I say to be true! This world is ending, and it is Cliber's death that will allow it to be born to a fresh start!

Now, it is people like us that have an opportunity to not end with the world. I have already ascended, taking my place amongst the gods above gods. I have told you, to ascend like I have, you need to get to theGrand Library and send the archmages back to their eternal rests. Now go, damnit, or end like everything else is going to!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: April 25, 2018, 05:13:42 pm »

Also, he's fighting alone because Aaron and I are actively preventing him from getting reinforcements.

EDIT: Wait, I can talk, so I can definetly do this
Distract Cilber with unending chatter and childish insults.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 05:20:37 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: April 25, 2018, 05:41:27 pm »

Distract Cilber with unending chatter and childish insults.

Hey, that's my line!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: April 25, 2018, 05:54:51 pm »

"That makes absolutely no sense. If the chains were perfect, then Cilber wouldn't have existed. They must have been already flawed, otherwise there wouldn't even be a concept of corruption. If there was any sort of corruption-cilber couldn't have been the source of it. WWhere did ]Cilber come from in the first place? Becase his source has to be the origin of the flaws."

"Now, let me go in there and see Cilber. I want answers from the one who truly knows what's going on. I couldn't care less about those archmages I have never heard about and I want to talk with him before he dies."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: April 25, 2018, 06:05:20 pm »

If you would just be patient, you'll get answers from one who knows far more than either of us. Axeworth will tell you the truth of the matter.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: April 25, 2018, 06:24:09 pm »

If you would just be patient, you'll get answers from one who knows far more than either of us. Axeworth will tell you the truth of the matter.
"let the Demonologist in, Aaron. I am more than capable of handling him if he proves troublesome. He will learn the truth, either through insight or death."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: April 25, 2018, 06:37:42 pm »

Pguh, I know this is hard for you to understand, but just shut up! You don't need to question everything. Not everyone has a motive, some people just want to see the world burn, even if they have to burn with it. Cliber is one of those people. He doesn't care about you or me, or anyone. He made my entire race mutate into horrible monsters for his own amusement! I won't let you try to vindicate him for his crimes. He is nothing more than a monster, a feral dog someone needs to put down.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: April 25, 2018, 07:01:45 pm »

"Lysander, no one wants to die. Not even Cilber. I want to hear the truth from his own mouth and save him from the corruption that has affected him. I don't care what you think, I feel that even he deserves to be forgiven. I know the feeling of being the weakest, I know how it feels to lose hope, to feel like you're never going to archieve something meaningful and just fade with time, forgotten. He's not a monster. He's lost, just like you and me."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 07:18:04 pm by randomgenericusername »
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 166