Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 174543 times)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: The Unavented [8/10]
« Reply #1305 on: September 06, 2017, 02:06:41 pm »

What would my fans think?

They'd be dissapointed even more than due to note I leave below (comes in two flavours!).

Spoiler: Long Story (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Short (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: September 06, 2017, 02:08:28 pm »

Dude, if you're too tired to work, no problem. We understand. Take breaks when you need them.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: September 06, 2017, 04:04:09 pm »

You gotta keep food on the table and a roof over your head somehow. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Take your rest man, you earned it.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: September 06, 2017, 04:50:22 pm »

Yeah, if I can take forever to write an action, you are more than allowed to take a while on a turn. No one will have an issue with you taking a break for just a bit.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: September 06, 2017, 04:56:26 pm »

Like the others said, taking a break is fine.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: September 07, 2017, 10:11:22 am »

Things were much lighter today after picking one more man to our crew and moved on closer to stockpiles. I might update today after running some errands.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: September 07, 2017, 02:05:20 pm »

:D

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: September 07, 2017, 03:11:06 pm »

Turn 56

[Dennis: 5 -1, Abyssal Knight: 4] Interestin' choice of weapons 'n armor to be trustin'. If'n it couldn't save you in life, what chance has it got now? You're dressin' like a big deal, but there's only one ending to your story that isn't face down in this here mud. I be the new Duke. Kneel Before Dennis! - Duke taunted the dark spirit, but his masterful taunt only made it laugh!

[Serrana: 5 +1, Abyssal Knight: 2] That is a dark spirit. It has no master or any hierarchy. - Exorcist said, making a runic sign in the air with her blessed staff and banishing the dark spirit back to Abyss!

Ugh... damnit. - Aaron yelled in pain.

[2] He tried to stop snowstorms from occuring, but something failed him once again. They hit again, but with negligible strenght.

[4] Then he ordered plants to retreat. With their last strenght, vines have hidden their spikes and freed dragonruler, then died out in the cold.

[Cryptlord: 1, Aaron: 2] The undead stroke with it's great hammer just close to Aaron, but somehow it bounced off the crypt walls and hit it back, stunning it!

[4] Dragonruler shifted into a dragon!

[Aaron: 4 +2, Cryptlord: 1] He charged at the undead with a flurry of greatsword slashes. Stunned Cryptlord couldn't see it coming and took a full force of his blows!

[Aaron: 4 +2, Cryptlord: 5] Then, he started breathing fire. The undead instantly turned ablaze, but it's body wasn't affected by the fire at all! It seemed that it was delighted by the sudden change of atmosphere!

[Cryptlord: 6 +2, Aaron: 4 +2] In a fire frenzy, Cryptlord rushed against dragon attempting to grab him, but Aaron managed to escape.

[2] It all happened so fast that Vivian couldn't even react!

Greetings Jeramesh, we are trying to locate Seymour and a demigoddess. Do you want to come with us? - Pguhyuh asked the undead.

[4] I could go with you, but I have to do something first. I'll join you when we meet next in the cathedral. - Jeramesh replied.

You are a skilled sorcerer, and your help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe you could teach me about your fire magic, if you are not busy. - Demonologist said.

[1] Eh, I'm not the best teacher. Besides, why would you want to learn destructive magic if you won't use it at all? The other dude following you seems better fit for such art. Now excuse me, I have to go. - Undead sorcerer said, heading away in search of it's portal.

[6] Pguhyuh and Smoke enter the portal. Their bodies were broken into countless tiny particles and travelled through time, space and realms until they rebuilt themselves in Height Keep... On it's rooftop...

[6] Lysander, Naablvat and Stumpy went through as well. On their eyes, the reality they were in shifted and changed until they found themselves in outskirts of some forest. In the distance, they could see Height Keep on hills.

[5] Reynald entered the stables and examined the horse. It was in good shape and perfectly ready to ride, it had war armor and even a nice load of food prepared as well!

[6] Then inquisitor met the owner of this steed. It was a heavily armored undead in knightly elite armor, weilding a longsword. A siege crossbow belt was sticking out of it's chest. Undead elite knight gurgled loudly and spat out some blood.

[Undead elite knight: 5, Reynald: 5 +1] While the knight charged, inquisitor managed to draw his shield and shortsword. In the last moment, Reynald blocked a powerful overhead swing!

[Alexander: 4, Zombie Bob: 2, Ghatzu: 2] Peasant jumped closer to the undead that tried to bite his companion and bisected it with a swift sideway slash!

[5] All this taint and evil slowly gathering upon him allowed Alexander to learn how to cleanse the darkness of himself!

Cryptlord: -10 HP, -60 HP, Fire Frenzy [150/240]

Zombie Bob: Dead
Undead elite knight: [180/180]

Abyssal Knight: Exorcised

Aaron: 4 turns for dragon form to end
Alexander: +1 taint, +2 evil, 1 undead killed, learnt Dark Cleansing with 2 turns cooldown, Wild Charge enhanced
Serrana: 1 dark spirit exorcised

OOC

Before someone starts arguing about damage:

1. You only deal halved damage to yourself.
2. Resistances and immunities.

Also, overshots are more important than modifiers (they always were in this rtd). That's why Aaron's still alive.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 03:14:00 pm by Dark One »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: September 07, 2017, 03:18:31 pm »

"...That'll do. Come along friends, I scared 'im off."

Continue clearing the village of undead.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 03:22:31 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: September 07, 2017, 03:19:56 pm »

Retreat and rest. Take evasive maneuvers and make sure I don't get hit on the way out.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: September 07, 2017, 03:46:48 pm »

"Mors pro te velle."
take a defensive stance, and Siphon the undead knight.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: September 07, 2017, 04:27:51 pm »

I think we will have to climb down, Fzbxr. I wonder where did that other guy go?
Descend from the rooftop, try to find the others with help of Smoke infravision.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: September 07, 2017, 09:32:01 pm »

Whelp, assuming that I survive to my next level-up, here's the plan:

Golden Dragon's Resolve: When attacking an enemy, either downgrade their resistance by one level (i.e. immune to high resistance, low resistance to no resistance, does not go past no resistance), or, if attack would give a buff to the enemy (i.e. with the Cryptlord and his "fire frenzy"), it doesn't.
This would allow me to almost always be able to deal some damage, and, more importantly, prevent enemies from benefitting from my attacks. With this ability, we wouldn't get scenarios where I accidentally heal our opponents for 80 hp (it would instead deal 0 damage, due to removing the buffs and leaving the immunity), and other such inconvenient occurrences.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: September 08, 2017, 01:47:22 am »

Note that 10 is the damage Cryptlord did to itself. Damage you dealt after all the protection kicked in was 60. Fire Frenzy does not block damage. It's a passive skill, not just a buff so you'd have to be able to block skills.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: September 08, 2017, 01:53:31 am »

Do some Faith Healing, and if possible, do some Prayer-ing.
Then tag along behind the Duke!

"...That'll do. Come along friends, I scared 'im off."
Serrana nodded in agreement, happy for such a stoic and leaderlike ally. In all honesty, she would've laughed (with no offense intended) if she was younger in experience, but she had learned how to treasure such character. . .especially when everything around you was undead.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 166