Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 174559 times)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: The Unavented [8/10]
« Reply #1275 on: September 03, 2017, 04:45:10 pm »

Yes - one new skill AND one skill enhancement.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: September 03, 2017, 04:48:51 pm »

:D :D :D :D :D
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: September 03, 2017, 05:35:20 pm »

Does this mean we get to go back and apply enhancements to all our previous skills, provided we are not in a fight?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: September 03, 2017, 06:11:52 pm »

Attempt a Dis-arm
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: September 03, 2017, 06:19:53 pm »

Attemp to find the exit portal, avoiding to alert any hostiles in the area with Smoke infravision, like always.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: September 04, 2017, 05:26:01 am »

Does this mean we get to go back and apply enhancements to all our previous skills, provided we are not in a fight?

That's a big NOPE for you.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: September 04, 2017, 07:11:52 am »

Why not? You're changing the level-up system, so shouldn't everything prior to the adjustment be brought even with the changes? Additionally, you never spesified how  the enhancement would be applied in detail, beyond that it had to be "small."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: September 04, 2017, 08:00:12 am »

Dustan, remember how, after you cleared out the town with WoG, it was decided that everyone would get credit for those kills as it pertains to level-ups? We still didn't retroactively get that experience.
Comprende?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: September 04, 2017, 08:50:02 am »

:D
And I've 2 level ups \o/

hum :I

Skill Enhancements/New skills
> Enhance Living faith [or if you don't want to do that, Enhance Watched on High--make it apply to battle rolls too, as in 'if I roll lower than an enemy, reroll and the newest value should be accepted instead unless lower than the initial roll]
> Enhance Guardian Spirit
> New Skill: Guardian Spirit (This is the first skill I would love for the GM to freely detail--base it on backstory)
> New Skill: {Passive} Watched on High (any event and non-battle 6/1 will be interpreted as a 5/2; this skill has a preferred 2 turn cooldown)

After Serrana made GREAT AND HONORABLE introductions with the spirit, she tapped the Duke's shoulder and pointed out how quiet and tranquil the village was.

"Wouldn't it benefit our campaign in the long-run if we had a secure area to return and recuperate to?"

If buddy-Duke says yes: start packing up that perimeter defenses; let him handle the kills because 1. they're undead, and 2. I need a better weapon. Also search for a weapon I can cast a prayer on, like a staff or something long and hardy.

If buddy-Duke says no: Search around for a weapon I can cast a prayer on, like something long or durable, to use as a weapon rather than my dagger.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 08:54:43 am by Tiruin »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: September 04, 2017, 09:08:54 am »

People enhanced their skills before - Pguhyuh did it with health regeneration, Serrana did it with faith healing. I think that Aaron enhanced ents at some point too, but I'm not sure about that. Enhancing was already there, but it wasn't specified when and if you can enhance a chosen skill at all. I'm just clarifying the rules on skill enhancement, so instead of asking x-times if you can enhance y-skill or not, you already know that you can enhance on level-up. This also stops someone from enhancing all the skills mid-bossfight to get beefed up and kill a boss just like a weak level 1 zombie, and is much less of a headache to work with.

The only limit is that it must be a skill that you already have (you can't enhance a skill on the turn you've learned it) and you can't completely change chosen skill, but must build upon it.

:D
And I've 2 level ups \o/

hum :I

Skill Enhancements/New skills
> Enhance Living faith [or if you don't want to do that, Enhance Watched on High--make it apply to battle rolls too, as in 'if I roll lower than an enemy, reroll and the newest value should be accepted instead unless lower than the initial roll]
> Enhance Guardian Spirit
> New Skill: Guardian Spirit (This is the first skill I would love for the GM to freely detail--base it on backstory)
> New Skill: {Passive} Watched on High (any event and non-battle 6/1 will be interpreted as a 5/2; this skill has a preferred 2 turn cooldown)

Guardian Spirit - passive ability, always roll [5] when close to death and summon a spirit that'd protect you from enemies for 2 turns, with cooldown of 4 turns for summoning

You can enhance new skill only when you level up again - you can't enhance a skill that you haven't learned yet or on learning turn. Choose another skill to enhance, or keep enhancement for next level-up.

Could you specify what kind of enhancement you want on living faith?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: September 04, 2017, 09:18:27 am »

I think that Aaron enhanced ents at some point too, but I'm not sure about that.
I enhanced my Spirit Walking, not the ents, I think. Pretty sure the ents was just a drawn-out conversation on what the skill would give me.

Enhancing was already there, but it wasn't specified when and if you can enhance a chosen skill at all.
We... we kinda did that as an alternative to a new skill upon level-up. We either made a new skill or made and old one better. There never would have been a time where this:
...stops someone from enhancing all the skills mid-bossfight to get beefed up and kill a boss just like a weak level 1 zombie...
...would have been possible.

I'm glad you made it so that we can get a new skill and make an old one better, but I think you might have had a misunderstanding of how we'd been doing it before.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: September 04, 2017, 10:30:42 am »

After Serrana made GREAT AND HONORABLE introductions with the spirit, she tapped the Duke's shoulder and pointed out how quiet and tranquil the village was.

"Wouldn't it benefit our campaign in the long-run if we had a secure area to return and recuperate to?"

"Huh? We can clear my village first, if that's what you mean."

Help with perimeter defenses.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: September 04, 2017, 10:39:10 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: September 04, 2017, 11:03:53 am »

Get to the exit portal.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: September 04, 2017, 01:17:12 pm »

Dark one, as you may be well aware, my "enhancements" either were skills that synergised with existing skills and were essentially standalone or, in the case of crushing counterstrike, became a skill all their own. In all truth, I have yet to actually enhance a skill by your terminology for enhancement.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 166