Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 174582 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Fall of the demon lord [8/10]
« Reply #990 on: August 11, 2017, 08:10:42 pm »

Dustan please don't cause the first teamkill
I think it's too late to stop the first teamfight. Probably won't be the first teamkill if I can help it.
Either way, I'll hold off on any pvp actions till next turn.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 11, 2017, 08:12:14 pm »

I think it's too late to stop the first teamfight. Probably won't be the first teamkill if I can help it.
;-; im so dead

why did i had to go with the knight templar and try to explain that darkness is not evil

I hope Lyirah tries to help me or at least stop the fight.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 08:17:29 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: August 11, 2017, 08:25:55 pm »

;-; im so dead

why did i had to go with the knight templar and try to explain that darkness is not evil
He agrees that darkness is not evil by itself, but he does not trust the motives of the fallen angel and already knows a lot about nature of the undead, being an inquisitor. What he's been interpreting the conversation as in a nutshell is:
that undead are not evil, and that the demonologist trusts a fallen angel he has never met over him AND the gods,

That he would sooner see lyirah's kind dead rather than back in their state of not-quite-existence simply because he views the gods as the cause of all their problems, and

Internally, that the fallen angel is using him as a unwilling preacher, and he wants to put a stop to that.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 11, 2017, 08:58:13 pm »

From my point of view:
Lyirah is a special case, shes a demigod and from the small part of the gods that are actually good. Undead were created by gods, using them to kill humans with humans just for the evulz and being evil.
Demons are misunderstood and they are people too, they should be treated like people.
Fallen angels are the ones who went against gods. Fallen angels are good cause gods are bad.
Dark spirits are the ghosts of dead peiple being forced to kill other humans just like undead.
Inquisitor guy is a puppet of the gods. He has blind faith in gods that have been shit.
Gods are shit, they didn't create the world, rather took control over humanity and forced them to follow them. When they didn't worship they killed humans.
He doesn't see the difference between worshipping a god, a demon and a fallen angel.

From the place he is from, they didn't worship "gods", instead they worshipped concepts, like knowledge, "spirits" (not dark spirits) of oposite spheres, like fire and water, truth and lies, etc and important people or great leaders. And religion wasn't really important, there were just some small chapels and thats it. He doesn't think someone could have that much faith in something that could instantly kill you for no reason and demands worship from entire cities. He didn't really belive in gods at all, and doesn't see them as something divine or sacred.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:52:47 am by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 11, 2017, 10:44:31 pm »

Goodness gracious. That is RPing ._. now if y'all are introduced to Serrana and her background with spirits, it may help but .-.;
I hope that the rolls of PvP are gracious enough to not...end up in killing. More like 'non-lethal attack'.

Although I may be mistaking things, does the horizontal rulers mean 'separates people into these teams', because I've seen a horizontal ruler between my team and a continuation of their action ._.

^ it's like this, that horizontal ruler.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: August 11, 2017, 10:59:41 pm »

Goodness gracious. That is RPing ._.

Same. Great job, Dustan and Random. I'd particpate, if Dennis were aware of what's going on. No chance of settling this by having your objects of worship fight?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 12, 2017, 05:52:41 am »

Got convinced to drive anyway, so I'm stocking up on meds. I'll update later this day, but I won't be able to update during next several days. I'll probably be able to post from time to time.

EDIT: Car's broken. It'd take a few days to fix it and drive anyway. Get ready for updates, lucky bastards.

Also, love your roleplaying!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 06:48:43 am by Dark One »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 12, 2017, 07:18:04 am »

Reality wants you to post XD
Sorry about the inconveniences you've had.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 12, 2017, 07:24:52 am »

It wants me to post quite badly it seems, and work on personal projects... Just found out someone added Vulkan renderer to good old idTech 4 engine, going to merge it with fork I'm using. At least it's not my car that broke but my brother's, but his car is just much better for such long trips.

Inconveniences just gave me more time to mess with code and post...

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 12, 2017, 09:11:02 am »

Thanks  :D
I just hope no one dies and when we start the fight next turn Dark One makes it nonlethal.
Questions: Can I use my improved charm to boost arcane embers? Does it boost just arcane damage or can also boost fire damage? Can I use all my abilities and skills on a single turn? If I do something like "Defend" or "Dodge" do I get bonus to defensive rolls? Could you cause Lyirah to stop the fight before it starts? Can I PM actions?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:44:25 am by randomgenericusername »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: August 12, 2017, 06:25:45 pm »

Turn 44

[2] Dennis tried to boost his faith, but undead getting closer made fear stronger than faith.

[3] He hastily left the chamber with coffins he was in without getting attention of any undead and moved back towards entrance to crypts. On the way he met Serrana.

[1 +2] Aaron approached the portal, thinking about a way to close it or severe it's connection with Underworld. He started breathng fire into the portal, greatly weakening it's power but not quite closing it.

[5] Suddenly someone appeared on the other side of the portal! It was a dragon, looking just like mirrored Aaron! The reflection started breathing fire from the other side and the portal collapsed! Then, Aaron's dragon form ended.

[1] Vivian tried to catch up with others, trying to not look too embarrassed by the spill on her garb. She saw something move and thinking that it was one of her teammates, she followed it, only to get ambushed by three zombies!

[Zombie1 : 3, Zombie2: 5, Zombie3: 1, Vivian: 4] Alchemist jumped away from charge of first zombie and stabbed through one's head with her rapier, but the third one bit her!

[6] Serrana pouted at the ashes of her staff, pushed away by her footsteps as she walked. That was her personal gift as a certified and registered exorcist! Having her dagger close by, she decided to backtrack and retrace her steps (or push forward). Surely she wasn't too far separated that she couldn't locate where her allies drifted off to. She was able to find Dennis, and a huge, hulking undead brute quietly following him!

[Serrana: 2, Undead brute: 6] Exorcist tried to shoot a holy bolt at the brute, but the zombie took out some small charm out of a pocket in it's ragged cloak, which formed a dark field around them, preventing use of holy energy!

[5] Exorcist learnt skill of living faith to face the undead!

[2] Reynald moved ahead to scout, but he went out of group's sight!

Uh, do you need help with that cursed armor? Maybe I can help you with my magic. - Pguhyuh shouted so inquisitor could hear him from a distance.

[3] Then demonologist took out Et Aenferne tome in search of information about arcane embers. There was only a mention of it, telling about it's immense power and source of more information about it - the old demon king.

[5] Then he read about demon lords, and it seems that there was a very long chapter about them. Demonic lords are powerful demons that have their own spheres of influence. There are demon lords of fire, poison, lightning, truth, lies, anger - just like gods with their spheres. However, demons never govern more than one sphere, while gods can rule over several of them, splitting their power. Thus a demon lord of lightning has much greater destructive potential than god of lightning, life and rebirth. An interesting thing to note is how to become a demon lord, and that one doesn't necessarily have to be a demon to do it - anyone that wins a fair, one on one duel becomes a demon lord and receives it's power. In case of demonic lord not being slain in a duel, a lower demon in the chain ascends to his position and to keep up his position, needs to seek out embers of his predecessor and return them to demonic fires. Demon lord rules over all lesser demons of his sphere, and it is a very important rule that no lesser demon can attack demon lord without calling him for a duel first. Demon lords are lower in demonic hierarchy than Demonic Barons, Dukes and Princes. Another interesting fact is that there is no king in demonic society, leading to numerous endless wars between princes to take over Throne of Underworld.

[1] When trying to find anything about Maelstorm, the tome started burning in Pguhyuh's hands, burning them slightly! It seems that the tome had enough of him reading through it!

[4] Demonologist asked Smoke about famous or important demons he should know. The only famous demons are figures of legends. Dragonmaster Qloth was the first demon to ally with a dragon and built a dragon fortress in northern mountains. Godslayer Nayamir won a battle with four gods at the same time, as they called him a lowlife hell-pitter, greatly befouling his honour. There are many more demons that reached great power. The only important demons you may need to know of are demon lords and princes, but their names remain secret for lesser demons. - Smoke replied.

Later, when we know it's safe to rest and are closer to our goal. - Reynald replied to Pguhyuh once they caught up to him. Okay. - demonologist agreed, then after a while asked: ... A while ago, you said something about the darkness in the east. What do you know about it? My home is far in the east, a land with great libraries and many scholars like me. Do you think other places outside of Axewrath are safe from the danger?

I cannot say for certain, all I know is that in going in search of Lyirah's heritage, we are going straight towards a true fallen angel. One who has twisted the minds and souls of the city they rule over and draws both the living and dead to worship them. I have little doubt they were responsible for the duke's rise from his grave, and I can tell they know about me. - Reynald stated.

Do we know if the fallen angel is actually an enemy? A god was the one who let the undead, demons and dark spirit free, if an angel rebels against him, doesn't that make him an ally to us? Peace between humans and undead... this fallen angel might be the answer to end this futile war and bring peace to these lands. - Pguhuyh once again brought up one of his visions of new world, slightly getting on inquisitor's nerves.

At no point did I say that he rebelled, I said he had fallen. Regardless, I doubt that any angel seeking worship has the intent of bringing peace. If the gods intended to let this disaster happen, there is a reason. The war ended ages ago, but now we fight for our survival. - Reynald said irritated. Do not forsake your gods so readily, demonologist. After all, they are responsible for lyirah's presence with us. I am of the belief that this event is not just to force humanity to concider the error of their ways, but perhaps is meant to test lyirah and her kin. Perhaps they are our future. This is a trial for all of us, and failure may have the highest cost. - then stated his opinion on fallen angel and situation they were in.

The gods were the ones who forsaken us. Most are just big powerfull bastards with heads filled with ego and pride. They never cared for us at all, they just wanted us to worship them and not expect anything in exchange! The most they have done for us is punish and curse mortals and kill thousands with their powers. They are not our future, they will be our end. - demonologist argued, then said something that a holy figure like Reynald could seriously treat like a blasphemy: The fallen angel united undead and humans.
I would worship it just for such miracle.
- And the only reason they let this disaster happen was because we didn't worship them enough. Do you still think your gods are "good guys"? They forced our dead to kil their families and friends as undead and dark spirits. - he concluded, then said to demigoddess: No offense Lyirah, Seymour is a badass cool guy and your father was probably not involved with the cruel gods

Then you let yourself be blinded by the shroud of darkness it cast upon the world. Get out of my sight, I will not stand to work with such an easily corrupted individual. - inquisitor yelled. Do you know Why the worship stopped? Because of the very war that plunged us into this dark age. How can people pray and worship when they are sent to kill each other for corrupt city-states, or starved and diseased by the destruction of food and a lack of healers generated by such a war? In what world is it right to have thousands slaughtered because two people disagreed with each other? I would turn my back on such atrocities too, if I was among them. - he asked, adding more fuel into the fire.

The blinded one here is you! The gods have corrupted humans and made them think they are perfect. You shouldn't worship them in the first place, as they abuse of their powers on us. They are just strong beings, just that and nothing else. Demons had lives in their world, undead and dark spirit used to be alive too. But they are being forced to fight us because we didn't gave gods what they wanted. We don't owe them anything, torturing our souls and causig such slaugther even angels, being they created to serve them, went against them. And they were punished, just like us. Gods just want power and followers. - Pguhyuh started a lecture about similarities between gods and demons:
 They are not that different to demons, both are formed of arcane magic. Do you really prefer to worship a god that has caused the deaths of many for something as dumb as not being worshipped enough, not being popular enough with humans? Or would you prefer a holy saviour that has descended of the skies to bring peace between humans and undead, a physical divine entity, an angel who has gone against the migthy bastards that we call "gods" to lead us to a new golden age of prosperity and unity? - and asked.

I'll gladly listen to that Sphiel while a zombie is ripping out your throat because they can. The undead and dark spirits are creatures of darkness, and they only exist because the majority of humanity was not far from being as corrupt and evil as they are! - Reynald screamed in rage, then revealed his views on state of undead and dark spirits: They are twisted mockeries of humanity fueled by negative emotions and base instincts, and I know this for a fact! I watched as my dead neighbors rose again and killed my wife, and my child had to be orphaned with the Inquisition as a direct result! I barely managed to escape the blade of my former baron as a spirit claimed their body for it's own! This angel is not bringing peace between humans and undead, he is controlling them like puppets on strings, and using that fact to draw more people to his twisted cause! - he shouted. The demons are not forced to come here, they travel of their own free will through the hell-pits opened in our world by their strongest. the gods were the only thing keeping them in their realm, and us in ours! We are the cause of our own apocalypse for causing such destruction and strife among our own kind, and is it Our task to right the wrongs as such! - and kept pressing that humanity is guilty of apocalypse. Now cease your blasphemy and begone before I turn my blade against you, blinded one! - inquisitor grabbed hilt of his longsword as he said that.

So, how's it over there? The boys getting along, or has there been a schism in the faith? I kind of expected the latter back while they were here, I mean, a paladin and a demonologist? It sounds like the premise of a joke to me. - Aaron asked demigoddess while the two were just about to rip each other's throats out. I think that there might be a problem... - Lyirah telepatically replied to dragon.

Blasphemy? BLASPHEMY!?! - Pguhyuh seemed to be literally burning. Undead used to be humans! They are forced out of their eternal rest to kill the people they once knew and to be killed again by the same people they used to care about! The gods were the ones who made them return to slay their own families just to torture us! Darkness is not evil, and gods aren't good people! How can you not understand something so simple as empathy? How would you feel if the same gods you worshipped forced you to slay your own family and friends? If you truly can't understand a word about what am I saying, the please leave us. Your presence would only cause another meaningless fight when I already know who the true enemy is. - he shouted, his voice strenghtened by arcane powers.

[3] Seeing incoming danger, Smoke felt something rush through his demonic blood and changed his body. He grown much taller and bulkier, yet felt quicker.

[4] Stop this right now! - Lyirah's voice echoed throughout passage, several amethyst spikes protruded from ground around her. Arguing now won't bring us closer to our goal and may only draw unwanted attention! Just stop bitching and move your asses down the tunnel! - it seemed that the earth was slightly shaking as she screamed.

[5] Lysander rested, lying under motionless stone gargoyle and recovering whole his strenght, he was even able to link with the gargoyle after his whole power returned, taking control of it!

[Naablvat: 4, Arcane imp: 1, Energetical haunt: 5] Horned demon charged at arcane imp and impaled it on it's horns, then took it off and thrown at energetical haunt, but the corpse phased through it and zapped Naablvat with arcane energy!

[5] With his work of art done, Alexander with Ghatzu left the forge to find an easy prey to test his sword. Just when they left the forge, an undead soldier was moving away from them. Alexander could sneak up on it and strike!

[Alexander: 4 -1, Undead soldier: 3] Peasant crept up to the undead and almost swung his demonsword, but the zombie hastily turned around and blocked.

Gargoyle: Under control [60/120]

Arcane imp: Dead

Energetical haunt: [60/60]

Undead brute: [160/160]
Undead soldier: [60/60]
Zombie1: [40/40]
Zombie2: [40/40]
Zombie3: -20 HP [20/40]

Naablvat: [90/140]
Smoke: Turned into Smoke Hunter

Aaron: Dragon form ended
Pguhyuh: -15 HP
Lysander: Rested, took control over stone gargoyle [45/45]
Vivian: -10 HP
Serrana: Learnt living faith

OOC

Questions: Can I use my improved charm to boost arcane embers? Does it boost just arcane damage or can also boost fire damage? Can I use all my abilities and skills on a single turn? If I do something like "Defend" or "Dodge" do I get bonus to defensive rolls? Could you cause Lyirah to stop the fight before it starts? Can I PM actions?

• Only arcane
  • You can, but you don't want to fail that...
  • Nope
  • Nope
  • That's preferred for PVP

I'm really tired, I'll update character sheets and enemy section tomorrow, it's like 01:25 right now....

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 12, 2017, 06:38:42 pm »

Dennis sees Serrana fire a blast over his head and wheels around to see the giant zombie looming over him. He looks up at the dead eyes with what seems like casual indifference.

"Hm. Sneaky fellow, aren't you? Anyway, I'll be takin' that."

Masterful Taunt the undead brute, and then snatch the charm out of its hand.

I hope this next part isn't too much blatant metagaming, feel free to ignore it if you prefer.
(Thinking)"Wonder where the alchemist got to. Could she upgrade my pitchfork?"
Town Fool's Luck to have Vivian and her zombie pals show up in this fight.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 06:58:20 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: August 12, 2017, 06:44:02 pm »

Go find Serrana and Dennis. Then, attack the brute, with fire dancing activated. The frost aura and green thumb should also get their rolls.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 06:49:06 pm by Glass »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 12, 2017, 06:48:49 pm »

Im sorry Lyirah...
Move to the front and scout with Smoke,
using our abilities to spot any enemies. Rest to recover my health

Fzbxr, what do you know about the throne of the underworld and demon kings?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 07:01:01 pm by randomgenericusername »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: August 12, 2017, 07:24:39 pm »

If I best Qloth in a one-on-one duel, do I get the position of Dragonmaster?
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 166