Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 174540 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Fall of the demon lord [8/10]
« Reply #945 on: August 10, 2017, 09:17:58 am »

The arcane magic was the first magic, dragons are magical, demons are formed from arcane magic and have some fire magic too.

Dragons = demons???
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 10, 2017, 09:32:40 am »

...no. Please recall, also ice dragons and plant dragons (as seen with my skills).
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 10, 2017, 10:12:16 am »

Well, we have seen other types of demons too, like Maelstrom (a thunder demon)
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 10, 2017, 11:18:03 am »

And Lucifer, a demon of light, and leviathan, a water demon, and several others I could state if you wanted but we'd be here all day if I started with then all now.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 10, 2017, 12:18:03 pm »

Inb4 GM makes up something else for the dragons... I'll write an update later today, or extremely early tomorrow.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 10, 2017, 01:18:59 pm »

Frankly, I'd like a "Draconic" damage type that's outside of the elemental system as a whole.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 10, 2017, 02:25:42 pm »

And I would like to be able to fly  :P

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 10, 2017, 02:33:20 pm »

And I would like to be able to fly  :P
Take it with your next level-up, then.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 10, 2017, 04:02:26 pm »

It was a joke

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: August 10, 2017, 04:08:13 pm »

I'm aware.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 10, 2017, 04:13:22 pm »

Ok.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 10, 2017, 04:48:23 pm »

Turn 43

Make them pay, friends. Never stop making 'em all pay. They'll rue the day they killed livestock in MY town! - Dennis yelled. What is everyone trying to find, here? - Serrana asked. Where the enemies come from. We want to fortify this place, but so long as zombies, demons, and dark spirits can pop up at any time, that won't be possible. As such, we need to find where they originate and put a stop to it. - dragon replied, smoke getting out of his maw when he spoke. Hmm these could be interesting, hold up a bit and I may be able to do something against demons. - Vivian said after a while.

[4 +2] Dragon recklessly flied forward into the catacombs, flying forwards, not even thinking about others following him or taking turns to any of sidepaths. After a short while, Aaron reached the place from all the undead and dark spirits come - a vortex of purple and black, dark energy in place of one of walls, tomb of undead duke nearby, a plaque with inscription "Duke Lysandr of Heights" on it. The vortex was a portal to underworld, a place where Aaron has been before. This one opened to different place though, and dragon could see countless undead moving towards it, still far away in the distance.

[6] Duke ran into catacombs. He ran and ran following Aaron, but then he lost him from his sight and took several turns. Only when he lost his breath and stopped for a moment, he realised that he lost himself in this dank maze. Moans of undead and noises of commotion were coming from all around.

[6] Serrana descended down next, cautiously moving onwards. It took her a while to decided which way to go on first intersection - she went straight, and only then turned left and entered a room with several bloated, dog-like zombies!

[Serrana: 6, Ghouls: 3] Exorcist panicked and instead of shooting a few weaker holy bolts, she sent a powerful wave of holy energy that obliterated undead, but also burnt her staff to ashes!

[6] Vivian tried to grind one of titanite chunks into powder and did it successfully, but she dropped the bag with it. She attempted to catch it mid-air, and scattered most of the powder on herself and it instantly infused into her garb!

[Lysander: 2, Gargoyle: 4] Demonologist clutched his embers and his fist set ablaze with dark flame, strenghtening power of his dark bolts. With several swift moves, he sent three of them at the gargoyle, but it flied away from every shot and charged!

[Gargoyle: 3, Lysander: 6] Instead of impaling him on his spear, stone beast grabbed him and was about to smash him against ground, but Lysander started beating on the gargoyle with his black ember, greatly increasing the flame until it torn out two beings from inside the stone - a pale energetical orb, and a strange energetical imp. A demon and dark spirit, fighting for possession of arcane construct, yet they were able to unite against demonologist and his companion.

[6] The construct without new orders from it's masters fell on the floor, smashing Lysander, but also losing it's wings due to fall damage!

[3] In the meanwhile, Naablvat was resting and recovered all his strenght!

The sooner we reach our target, the better. - Pguhyuh said, encouraging others to move towards their goal. Agreed. Lingering will only draw unwanted attentions, and may weaken lyirah. This doesn't mean we shouldn't be cautious. - inquisitor agreed.

[2] The group slowly moved into passage leading eastwards.

[3] Smoke tried using his infravision to detect enemies, and it seemed that next corridor was clear.

[4] On the way Pguhyuh used some of his arcane dust to strenghten powers nested within torn manuscript. It was successfully imbued with more arcane power and even started glowing with pale light.

[3] Inquisitor moved ahead to scout for the group.

[6] He put on the warded armor he picked up off undead duke, and somehow it immediately glued itself to him! Looks like it'd take some magic or death to take it off Reynald!

[6] Alexander immediately prepared the forge to start smithing, Ghatzu helping him with everything despite being sightless. When the furnace reached right temperature, he melted down ingots and filled a sword-form, fire in the furnace was so great and powerful that several fire and smoke imps spawned from within it. Alexander grabbed them with his bare hands and hammered them down, their demonic blood mixing with molten iron, forming a new and strange alloy. Then after some time he started hammering on the sword to properly shape it, Ghatzu performing some dark rituals nearby cause he had a great idea how to make the weapon better. When the weapon was ready, the sightless man imbued it with all the dark energy he drawn during rituals, greatly enchanting the sword made of blood-red alloy!

Ghouls: Dead

Gargoyle: -60 HP [60/120]

Arcane imp: [80/80]

Energetical haunt: [60/60]

Naablvat: Rested [140/140]
Aaron: 1 turn for dragon form to end

Pguhyuh: +30 to Torn Manuscript's bonus, lost amethyst dust
Lysander: -30 HP, immobile
Alexander: Forged Darklurker demonsword
Vivian: Lost one titanite chunk, Alchemist's Garb receives a Weak Arcane resistance and +1 anti-magic protection
Serrana: Lost Blessed Staff, level up!

OOC

What the hell is going on with all those sixes?

Darklurker demonsword - 60 physical damage, 30 dark damage, 10 fire damage, double damage against gods, +2 to evil with each kill, increases taint by 1 with each kill

When taint is high enough, you get a curse placed upon you.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 04:54:24 pm by Dark One »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: August 10, 2017, 04:59:28 pm »

Find my way back to the group with Faith Boost.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 10, 2017, 05:01:23 pm »

Destroy the portal! If any enemies come through, shift to Shadow Dragon form, summon my ents (and please do the plant and frost checks), and demolish them!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: August 10, 2017, 05:06:59 pm »

Forgot to mention it in OOC. Dragonbreath and all those dragon-derived effects (like snowstorms of white dragons) deal non-magical elemental damage and bypass arcane immunity, only elemental immunity/resistance can block it. Also, I'll treat ents like arcane constructs.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 166