Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 174482 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Searching the Keep [8/8]
« Reply #870 on: August 02, 2017, 04:35:14 pm »

(Even then, the other tome also deals arcane damage and fire damage. I should have used the arcane damage, I specified to attack with arcane.)
Whooops, I was using the wrong tome. Silly me, heh.
Use DARK tome to attack the demon lord with arcane magic damage and also using my torn manuscrit charm to boost the arcane damage.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 02, 2017, 04:40:20 pm »

I mistyped your character's health Dustan. It's not 5, but 55, sorry for that mistake.
I was wondering about that...
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 02, 2017, 05:05:06 pm »

Blast the demon lord with my arcane tome and torn manuscrit, it is stuck to the ground, so it can't move. Telepathy talk with Smoke, ask him if he is fine.

You only specified to use arcane tome, not arcane damage.

(Even then, the other tome also deals arcane damage and fire damage. I should have used the arcane damage, I specified to attack with arcane.)

You rolled a 2. You wanted me to make you blast yourself or teammate instead of a demon? Or place a -1 on next magic related action, or break arcane trap? I written that you made a non-harming attack, but it still stunlocked the demon.

Use DARK tome to attack the demon lord with arcane magic damage and also using my torn manuscrit charm to boost the arcane damage.

Now this looks better. Also, torn manuscript was meant to boost arcane damage coming from all sources, I just written it wrong way, and it's passive, no need to use it unless you want to roll for higher bonus.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 05:07:34 pm by Dark One »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 02, 2017, 07:39:59 pm »

Shall we continue now?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 02, 2017, 08:00:25 pm »

Wolfchild, aren't you getting attacked by an undead?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: August 02, 2017, 08:48:52 pm »

I missed it then, i thought it was beaten

Throw the blast powder at the undead
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 03, 2017, 10:16:13 am »

++Serrana gains the skill: Faith Healing! Healing as much as there is Faith (for a group, but if targeted individually onto others, she can override the value healed with her own faith score) with a cooldown to hopefully 3 turns. Also permanently adds 5 Faith? (Or however you make a minor denominator)

> Prayer~ :D

Then catch up to the rest in the Courtyard [and if I see that Undead Knight; Holy Bolt as well as keeping distance!]

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: August 03, 2017, 03:43:30 pm »

Turn 39

Oh for the love of... Naablvat, attack. - Lysander said, irritated by another encounter.

[4] He attuned to brimstone cleaver and turned it into a crossbow!

[Lysander: 3, Undead Knight: 5] Demonologist shot, but the knight caught his bolt mid-air!

[Naablvat: 5, Undead Knight: 6, Vivian: 6] Horned demon charged at the corpse but the knight grabbed Vivian and threwn it at him! Luckily for alchemist, Naablvat caught her and put her back on the ground.

[6] Dennis got up and rushed towards the place where Reynald fought with Undead Duke, shouting: I think you mean MY amulet, sir knight! - however, he stumbled upon another undead. It was that peasant killed by zombie with bone spikes. Undead Jacob weilding a pitchfork!

[Jacob: 2, Dennis: 5 -1] Peasant charged at duke, but Dennis dodged and with swift stab put Jacob out of his misery!

[1] Eh?...undead, topside. 'Scuse me. - Aaron said bored and tried to assume spirit form, but something prevented it. Then he felt something grabbing his arm and looked back - a horrifying demon, leaving it's shadow form!

[2] White Dragon's Heritage kicked in to protect Aaron, but demon jumped out of it's reach!

[Shadowbane: 5, Aaron: 6] Demon lunged at wanderer and tried to claw him, but Aaron pushed the demon back and raised Dragonruler in time, then made several slashes. However, shadowbane managed to assume shadow form and jumped into wanderer's body, removing his shadow from existence and becoming his new shadow. A demonic mark burnt on scales on Aaron's face - he was cursed, or perhaps even possessed!

[Vivian: 1, Undead Knight: 3] Alchemist desperately thrown a bag of explosive dust, but the undead dodged it. The bag hit one of those pillars that were still intact, and it started falling right down at her and Naablvat!

[5] Horned demon caught the falling pillar and pushed it to the side, so no one could be hurt!

[1 +1] Serrana tried to set a prayer, but some strange demonic presence close to her made it hard to focus.

[6] Then she thought about how she could help others get back into shape, and heavens sent her a vision of miracle - a prayer that is able to close and heal wounds!

[3 +1] Next she ran to aid others in battle against undead knight.

[Serrana: 6, Undead Knight: 2] Serrana took her blessed staff and shot three holy bolts at the undead, paralysing it!

[1] So why don't you tell me of yourself while I search these corpses? - Alexander asked, immediately kneeling upon one of corpses. He searched it thoroughly, but he couldn't find anything useful. What's more, he somehow hurt himself in a finger when searching the body. He felt a strong sharp pain coming through it immediately - he must've gotten some kind of disease from it!

[4] Well... Sure, why not. Before all of this madness started, I was a priest in a city far away to the west. - he said, taking a seat on the floor. Name of the city? It doesn't matter now that it's ruined, swarming with undead hell-hole. Anyways, when the first dead raised, I set many prayers to the gods to aid us, but then a dark spirit came! - he said with horror in his voice - It was what one could call fallen angel, but it didn't even bother to hide it's dark visage! And I was no exorcist, I couldn't outright banish that blasphemous revenant! - Ghatzu said, then continued - I couldn't believe it, but a true angel descended from High Heavens to save me! But it wasn't a regular angel as well, as it used dark energies to tame the dark spirit and draw it's humanity back out, so it wasn't hostile anymore! But back to the point. The angel said that gods have turned away from us, opened the gates of Underworld and left us all to die. Several angels couldn't stand it and disobeyed, so they got cast out of Heavens and fell for the dark. But they didn't fell to bring more evil - just like the angel that saved me, they decided to make a new world where humanity, dark spirits and undead could live and un-live in peace, and it wouldn't take long for demons to make up their minds to overthrow their younger, arrogant brethren in arcane! - Ghatzu stopped for a moment to think, then said: This couldn't be true, I shouted. You're a dark spirit trying to fool me, I shouted. But the angel showed me a vision of a great cathedral to the east, where people, undead and dark spirits all gathered and prayed in candle-light, praying to a true fallen angel. Then, the angel gave me power to harness dark, as well as new robes so I won't be a fool amongst the others that took on a new path to life. Then the angel told me: Head east to Unavented Cathedral, and seek out Darkfallen Cilber - Lord of the Unavented. The fallen archangel. So I left my chapel and ran into a group of undead. I tried to draw their humanity out, but my powers were not enough for that yet. This is when I lost my eyes, as well as half of my face.... - he stopped for a minute - I escaped the undead mob and headed east, guided by an inner dark flame. But somehow, I strayed away from my path and entered this accursed place. What about you? - Sightless priest asked.

[5] The demon is weakening, now is our chance to end it! Strike true for the sake of the world my friends, strike it down for Axewrath! - Reynald screamed, calling upon powers of zealous rally and jumped off the Maelstorm, assuming defensive stance.

Whooops, I was using the wrong tome. Silly me, heh. - Pguhyuh said irritated, then switched tomes.

[Pguhyuh: 1 +1, Maelstorm: 4] Demonologist found an offensive spell in Dark Tome and attuned it with torn manuscript for greater power, then shot an arcane blast at Maelstorm, but demon lord's defensive aura snuffed most of it out!

[Seymour: 2 +1, Maelstorm: 4] God of War attacked demon lord but missed!

[Lyirah: 1 +1, Maelstorm: 2] Demigoddess had to stop fighting for a moment to temporarily increase her link with father, so she could use much stronger earth based offensive magic.

[3] Arcane traps on demon lord's legs faded away, but it was still stunlocked.

Maelstorm: Stunlock [240/512]

Undead Knight: Paralysed [80/80]
Undead Jacob: Dead

Reynald's Team: Zealous Rally - +10 Faith and HP
Dennis: +1 undead kill
Aaron: Possessed
Reynald: Defensive stance
Lysander: Brimstone cleaver turned into crossbow
Alexander: Diseased
Serrana: Learnt Faith Healing

OOC

Where to begin...

When you are possessed, demon/dark spirit takes control over your character when rolling [1] or [6] for 2 turns.

Disease is slowly building up, with short pain period for a beginning. After 4 turns it's -1 to rolls, after 6 it's -2, and after 8 turns you roll if your character survives and cures out of the disease, or dies in agony.

As exorcist, Serrana already has Faith at maximum capped level. Giving her any more permament faith will break the system, but temporary +5 boost for 2 turns will work. 4 turns cooldown to fit in with almost all other skills, and it was 6 for learning it so it has to have a drawback. Also, prayer is not like activate a boost then fight. The boost is there as long as you pray, so if you want to have that bonus for three turns, you have to pray three turns to boost others during that time.

Dennis used no skills to kill Undead Jacob.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 03:46:30 pm by Dark One »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 03, 2017, 04:45:59 pm »

Swing a mighty strike into the demon's leg, and try to topple it so that the others have an easier time attacking it! I will sacrifice all I can to bring this to a quicker close!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 03, 2017, 05:12:38 pm »

Why hello there. I think I will call you Chara.

Step 1: turn into a dragon, get that sweet +2 bonus. Step 2: force the demon to submit to my will. I'm hoping either a bound demon or me getting demonic powers, either one removing the possession deal. At the very least, no possession.

EDIT: If you think this is a terrible idea, guys, tell me.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 06:53:31 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: August 03, 2017, 05:14:50 pm »

I'm being incredibly useless in this battle. Sorry.
Inquisitor, stop pushing yourself too hard. The effort is slowly killing you.

Keep attacking with my dark tome Try to channel the power of the torn manuscrit to boost my damage.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 03, 2017, 05:33:29 pm »

I'm being incredibly useless in this battle. Sorry.
Inquisitor, stop pushing yourself too hard. The effort is slowly killing you.

"You are doing what you can friend, it is probably just a spot of poor luck. I will gladly lay down my life to protect you and the others from the darkness in the east."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 03, 2017, 05:47:14 pm »

"Sorry about that, Jacob."

Insolent Impale the undead knight.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 03, 2017, 05:52:04 pm »

Gah, how am I so terrible with this

Try again

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 03, 2017, 09:10:50 pm »

4 turns cooldown to fit in with almost all other skills, and it was 6 for learning it so it has to have a drawback.
I kinda thought that 6 was like 'better than 5 but with a drawback' :P
Let me break the system \o/ it's only temporary anyway!

Pray and attack!

Or if I'm in a group with 2+ wounded characters below 50% hp, Pray and Heal instead!
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 166