Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 174481 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Searching the Keep [8/8]
« Reply #855 on: August 01, 2017, 12:07:13 pm »

What does Reynald's "+1 evil" mean?

"You're welcome, mage. I take payment in gold and spells."

Rest.
It means I gained a point of evil due to my juxtaposition effect. It causes me to gain faith for every 20 damage dealt in one hit, or evil if I use sacrifice to do it. Evil is mentioned to a small extent on the main post.

Edit: it looks like we can kill the maelstrom if we get two more good hits like last turn. Also, Seymour is just as tanky as the demon, though he might have a weakness to lightning or something.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 12:11:08 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 01, 2017, 12:13:16 pm »

Irony attack GO, Use faith boost, and Wild charge, with my sling against the zombies.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 01, 2017, 12:18:35 pm »

Climb up the demonic Maelstrom and plunge my sword through it with a Skullcrusher to try and keep it stunned! I will not let the others come to harm if my Sacrifice can prevent it!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 01, 2017, 12:28:44 pm »

(-100 hp to Seymour, it can still kill us in one hit)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 01, 2017, 06:02:55 pm »

We survived?

Follow the others, looking for something silver if possible

Spoiler: skill ideas for Dark (click to show/hide)
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 02, 2017, 02:12:21 pm »

Turn 38

[2] Alright, everyone, let's maybe take a bit of rest. You especially, Dennis, that blast was not kind to you. - wanderer said and sat on the floor, resting.

[1] It's nice to see other faces here. - Serrana said, introducing herself afterwards. She sat on the floor beside Aaron and tried to set a prayer, but all the dark energy in surrounding area prevented it. She feels that it'd be impossible to pray for a little while.

[6] Resting sounds well. - exorcist said, resting well and recovering her energy. She felt that previous problems with praying should be gone now.

[1] You're welcome, mage. I take payment in gold and spells. - Dennis joked and lied on the ground. As he was resting, he heard a strange voice in his head. Sacrificing yerself for a lady, are we? - the voice sounded just like him, though different. Kinda... depraved.Ye must have always had something drawing ye to those consecrated maidens. Ye think she is good material for giving birht to yer royal children, Duke of the Heights? Me thinks she will make a fine hooker! - the voice then laughed mockingly. Dennis thought that something was changing in him. His faith felt smaller now, but there was something different growing in him.

[2] Well, I'm reasonably unharmed, lets see what the others are doing. Naablvat, come with me. - Lysander said and with Naablvat, left to the courtyard. They couldn't see any traces of the group anywhere.

[6] We survived? - Vivian asked surprised, then moved after Lysander. On the way she thought about what she experienced in the keep and that with limited ingredients, alchemy can't save her in every situation. She reminded herself moves of undead soldiers and darkfallen then analysed them in her head, then thought about applying them to rapier combat. Defensive Fighter - her own unique combat style.

[1] Following Lysander towards courtyard, she strayed a bit to the side where several armored corpses were lying on the ground. She noticed that one of them had something silver on it's neck. A pendant of some kind, shaped like a lizard. She kneeled upon the corpse and touched it, but then the corpse awakened and with swift move grabbed her neck! MY AMULET! - the undead knight shouted then made a long, horrifying howl!

[Pguhyuh: 2, Maelstorm: 1] Demonologist opened his tome and reminded himself a chant from torn manuscript, then sent several flame waves at demon lord. It seems that Maelstorm was fully immune to fire based damaged, but at least the wave stunlocked him for a bit longer.

[5] Then Pguhyuh asked Smoke if he was fine, using their telepatic bond. I'm alright, though I'm of no use in this combat. I'm unable to hurt a demon lord. - the demon replied.

[Reynald: 5, Maelstorm: 3] Inquisitor lunged at the demon lord and quickly climbed up on it, then struck Maelstorm at it's head with a mighty skullcrusher, keeping the demon stunned!

[Seymour: 4, Maelstorm: 4] God of War charged at demon lord, but it still was able to defend itself from the attack, catching the battle axe and pushing Seymour back.

[Lyirah: 3, Maelstorm: 2] Demigoddess focused and sent several amethyst arrows at demon lord, though only few of them hit, tiny energetical charges coming out of it's wounds.

[4] Alexander felt a sudden rush of faith!

[Alexander: 5, Zombie: 1] Then peasant wildly charged at zombie, bashing it with his slingshot several times until he caved in zombie's skull!

[Sightless Ghatzu: 4, Zombie: 1] The sightless man clenched his left fist and a long blade of dark energy protruded from it, then he sliced the zombie into tiny pieces!

Maelstorm: -30 HP, -30 HP, Stunlock [240/512]

Zombies: Dead
Undead Knights: [80/80]

Dennis: Rested, -1 Faith, +1 Evil
Aaron: Rested
Reynald: -5 HP, +1 Evil
Alexander: Faith Boost, +1 kill
Serrana: Well Rested

OOC

Stunlock prevents enemy from taking any action. Defense rolls still apply, but only if the roll is equal or higher than attack roll. It seems that the undead knight would have to be killed second time. Somehow I forgot to add it to OP when it was killed, so I'll fill that gap in after updating character sheets.

I gave Vivian Defensive Fighter skill. You don't need skills for chain reactions - good rolls and enough damage will suffice.

Waiting for Serrana's new skill.

Also, decided to put more use into Faith and Evil system. Hope EP will like it.... I'll still have to fill in some gaps in the system.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: August 02, 2017, 02:22:48 pm »

Oh for the love of... Naablvat, attack.

Turn my cleaver into a self reloading crossbow with brimstone bolts, then shoot the undead knights,If that fails, dark bolt them. Have Naablvat attack as well.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 02:26:12 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: August 02, 2017, 02:36:26 pm »

"So why don't you tell me of yourself while I search these corpses?"
LOOT.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 02, 2017, 02:36:42 pm »

Added undead knight to OP.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 02, 2017, 02:39:02 pm »

Wait, when I said attack with my tome i meant the dark tome. The manuscrit only works with the dark tome. I know that demons are fully immune to fire damage, thats why I was using my starting tome.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 02:43:48 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 02, 2017, 02:54:08 pm »

Blast the demon lord with my arcane tome and torn manuscrit, it is stuck to the ground, so it can't move. Telepathy talk with Smoke, ask him if he is fine.

Et Aenferne is arcane tome as well. It wasn't precise enough, you can try using manuscript with other tomes as well. And you rolled a [2], it could end worse...

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 02, 2017, 03:05:58 pm »

"I think you mean MY amulet, sir knight!"

Hurry outside, activate Town Fool's Luck and Insolent Impale an undead knight.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: August 02, 2017, 03:06:33 pm »

"The demon is weakening, now is our chance to end it! Strike true for the sake of the world my friends, strike it down for Axewrath!"
zealously rally the others,then Jump off the demon and take a defensive stance.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 05:33:57 pm by Dustan Hache »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: August 02, 2017, 03:28:02 pm »

I mistyped your character's health Dustan. It's not 5, but 55, sorry for that mistake.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: August 02, 2017, 04:22:20 pm »

Eh?...undead, topside. 'Scuse me.
Go to aid Lysander and Vivian against the Undead Knight with a well-placed sword strike. Become incorporeal, just to be safe.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 04:25:03 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 166