Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 174235 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Searching the Keep [7/8]
« Reply #690 on: July 20, 2017, 08:13:19 pm »

From what I've been able to figure, arcane magic is the magic of those who fell from grace, either falling to the pit or the earth, it doesn't matter. Demon's fell, from the grace of the gods, and arcane magic is theirs, demigods fell from their parents and they have arcane magic as well. But that is just my theory.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: July 20, 2017, 08:41:27 pm »

Dont think of gods as omnipotent and perfect, everything has their faults and we know even gods can die.
I think the arcane is something beyond them.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: July 20, 2017, 11:18:34 pm »

Dont think of gods as omnipotent and perfect, everything has their faults and we know even gods can die.
I think the arcane is something beyond them.

The arcane is not the will of the gods, it is what godly energy becomes when it is forcibly torn from a body. When the first devils were thrown to the pit, their godly energy came off them as they fell and became arcane.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 21, 2017, 09:03:13 am »

I dont think they "fell". The demons were already there, and the gods just opened the doors. Maybe we are the monsters to them, maybe they are forced to fight us.

Of course, these are just theories.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 21, 2017, 12:49:27 pm »

I dont think they "fell". The demons were already there, and the gods just opened the doors. Maybe we are the monsters to them, maybe they are forced to fight us.

Of course, these are just theories.

Believe me, the first demons fell, hard.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 21, 2017, 01:47:34 pm »

There is no way for us to know that. Anything related to the origins of demons is probably from many eons before humans.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 21, 2017, 01:55:52 pm »

There is no way for us to know that. Anything related to the origins of demons is probably from many eons before humans.
Not all that was long ago is lost to the sands of time.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 21, 2017, 03:54:52 pm »

Sudden Win10 crash when writing update... Fuck it, I'll post tomorrow.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 21, 2017, 04:37:39 pm »

:(
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 21, 2017, 05:32:49 pm »

Turn 31

[Alexander: 2 -1, Mutilated zombie: 6] Peasant tried to finish off the undead with a strike to the head using his wood axe, but he missed. Mutilated zombie immediately grabbed Alexander's hand and was just about to bite, when suddenly someone ran from behind the corner, shouting: Finally found you! - a tall, old man with unkempt dark hair, wearing a black hard leather armor with red cape approached them. He had a blood soaked cloth wrapped around his face, which made it surprising that he was able to find anything - it clearly wasn't possible to see through those wraps.

[Unknown man: 6, Mutilated zombie: 3] Stranger grabbed the undead by it's arm and tried to pull it off the rotting body. The joint wasn't rotten enough and he could only dislocate it, but the corpse bit him at his foot! You son of a.... Wait, you can't bite through steel plates! - the man shouted in anger.

yirah, Mi'lady, perhaps it would be best for you to stay with Seymour and conserve your strength while we deal with the keep's problems. It would not do for you to die or lose your link with your father because you wanted to aid us, noble as it would be. Besides, I have a feeling that retrieving your father's spear may be far more difficult and dangerous than what we encounter here. Undoubtably we will need you then. - inquisitor advised.

[2] This won't solve the problem. Even deep ungerground the link weakens. I must act, but I won't be able to do it alone. - demigoddess replied.

Alternatively, if we are all in agreement, we could split our party and have a few of us go with you as retainers while the rest deal with the keep. It is a matter of what would be deemed highest priority. - Reynald told Lyirah about a second option.

[3] This idea sounds better, but we will need to maintain a good balance when splitting, so both groups are equally strong. - she replied.

[3] With that settled, inquisitor decided to check corpses for anything valuable. He only searched the knight - the armor was completely damaged trash, weapon not that much better, but the knight was wearing a key on his neck just like an amulet.

[2] Aaron decided to loot corpses as well, but everything he found was useless junk.

Ow. Well, let's go exploring! - Dennis said while Aaron and Reynald were still looting corpses. I will go with you, peasant guy. - Pguhyuh said with complete disregard for his acquired noble title. Mind if I tag along? - Vivian asked, then said: My combat skills are not up to yours but I can make things if we find ingredients. Demonologist tried to keep alchemist's mood up: Hey, Its not like I have any combat skills, I dont even have a weapon. Other than my mind and knowledge. And magic books. Okay maybe magic is a weapon, but I have no combat training. Lysander thought that exploring the keep was a good idea, so he said: I have never reason not to come as well, demon, come with me.

[6] When he was done with checking bodies for valuables, Aaron sat down on the ground and rested. Suddenly he received a vision! Fortress, high up in the mountains, surrounded only by mountain peaks and ravines. A dragon fortress! But it was surrounded by demons and their infernal siege machines! Lords from the pits made a breach in a high wall and they charged against numerous draconians!

Lyirah, before you leave, what do you know about the nature and origin of arcane magic? I know that demons and amethyst are related to it, and I could sense huge amounts of arcane energy from you. What exactly is the arcane magic? - Pguhyuh asked.

[6] The nature and origin of arcane magic is unknown even to gods. It surely played a big role in shaping the world during it's first few seconds of existence. Demon lords should know more about it, since demons were born first and received most wild and primal charges of arcane energy. Then came the gods and other beings, with each being in the chain, the energy being weaker. For reasons unknown even to a daughter of rock giant, amethyst are able to produce and gather arcane energy. - Lyirah replied.

[1] Fzbxr, how much do you know about arcane magic? - Pguhyuh asked, but scanning at the same time through his mind, he quickly found out that the demon doesn't know anything more. In fact, Smoke's knowledge of arcane seemed to be quite lacking.

From what I've been able to figure, arcane magic is the magic of those who fell from grace, either falling to the pit or the earth, it doesn't matter. Demon's fell, from the grace of the gods, and arcane magic is theirs, demigods fell from their parents and they have arcane magic as well. But that is just my theory. - Lysander shared his fascinating theory with others. Dont think of gods as omnipotent and perfect, everything has their faults and we know even gods can die. I think the arcane is something beyond them. - Pguhyuh started an argument. The arcane is not the will of the gods, it is what godly energy becomes when it is forcibly torn from a body. When the first devils were thrown to the pit, their godly energy came off them as they fell and became arcane. - demonologist said. I dont think they "fell". The demons were already there, and the gods just opened the doors. Maybe we are the monsters to them, maybe they are forced to fight us. Of course, these are just theories. - Pguhyuh stated, but Lysander still tried to convince him: Believe me, the first demons fell, hard. This slightly irritated demonologist: There is no way for us to know that. Anything related to the origins of demons is probably from many eons before humans. - he said angrily. Not all that was long ago is lost to the sands of time. - Lysander said mysteriously.

[4] I think you've got it wrong, as you mistake arcane with dark. First demons didn't fall, they were the firstborn children of arcane forces, but shortly after something snapped and changed within them. It happens to this day, as arcane that gave them life back then was, and still remains wild and primal. Gods were born from arcane too, but when that happened the energy itself was much different than during first millenia. Arcane is the basis of godly powers! - Lyirah explained.

[2] When everyone was about to finally move on, a long horrifying scream came echoing throughout whole keep from halls deep down below it. It sounded like a tormented and damned soul getting free. The scary woman! - horned demon shouted in terror.

Mutilated zombie: -15 HP [15/30]

Unknown man: Fighting mutilated zombie

Aaron: Well rested, received a vision!
Reynald: Found a key

OOC

Tomorrow is now....

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: July 21, 2017, 05:40:45 pm »

Heh.
Turn incorporeal.
Figure out what's going on.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 21, 2017, 05:44:59 pm »

Try to kill it gain?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 21, 2017, 05:45:36 pm »

Stay in the protected middle of the formation, Keep looking for stuff to make things from

What was that?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 21, 2017, 06:00:17 pm »

"so demons are arcane beings that took on aspects over time? That is interesting, to say the least. Unfortunately, it seems everyone here wants to loot the keep rather than go searching for your spear.

I don't want to leave them by themselves since they are not prepared for clearing out the catacombs, and Jeremiah seems to have been taken by a supernatural force. The best I can hope for is that the wanderer and his dragon heritage will serve to protect them well enough.

I will aid you since your plight is urgent, and we have little time to waste. Lead on, lyirah."

leave the key somewhere noticeable here for the others. Prepare to depart with the demi-goddess on her quest.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 07:46:59 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 21, 2017, 07:27:04 pm »

Am I still in the same room with Reynald and the demigoddess?

If I'm not:
Follow the demon-philosophers and stab the source of the noise if it's hostile.

If I am:
"Hey, Demigoddess! If'n you had your magics back, would you able to bring back a dead thing? Say, an ox?"
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 10:06:10 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 166