Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 174086 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Rise of the Alchemist [6/6]
« Reply #570 on: July 14, 2017, 10:29:46 pm »

Actually, wait. Hi everyone, I can get in again. I'll have an action for you probably early tommorow, so if you can hold out until then, that would be great.
you have until 4PM tomorrow at the latest to post it. That's when he normally gets on and starts writing the turn if he hasn't done it at 6 in the morning for whatever reason.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 14, 2017, 10:42:30 pm »

Actually, wait. Hi everyone, I can get in again. I'll have an action for you probably early tommorow, so if you can hold out until then, that would be great.
you have until 4PM tomorrow at the latest to post it. That's when he normally gets on and starts writing the turn if he hasn't done it at 6 in the morning for whatever reason.
Because 6 in the morning for us is midnight for him. 4 PM means that he's sufficiently awake, because it's 10 in the morning where he is.

Also: we're timezone buddies! :D
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 15, 2017, 02:37:27 am »

I'm on CET time zone, it was close to half past midnight when I last posted yesterday. Now its exactly 9:37.

Waiting for SM.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 15, 2017, 07:09:16 am »

Test the unique properties of the cleaver and see if it can become other types of weapons.

Well, well, well, this is an interesting new weapon, too bad it's only short range.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Searching the Keep [8/8]
« Reply #574 on: July 15, 2017, 12:27:39 pm »

Turn 27

The lady's right, mates; we can't exactly make this place the stronghold of civilization if we don't know what still lingers within it. - Aaron said taking Lyirah's side. The Eastern Mountains. We could travel there Lyirah. I know you would lose your powers but we will protect youi in the way. Didnt you say your father created them with his amethyst spear? We might find something important. - Pguhyuh asked demigoddess, assuring her of her safety while travelling with them.

[5] Yes, this sounds like a good plan. After we'll clear the fortress, I'll tell Seymour to keep watch of it. I only hope we do manage to find something in eastern mountain ranges. - Lyirah agreed to Pguhyuh's plan.

[3] Demonologist took a seat beside Jeremiah, on one of broken pillars and they both rested.

While Pguhyuh was resting, Dennis rumpled his hat at the demigoddess and went to talk with wanderer. So, Blaze. You look kind of different lately. - he said about his dragon-like appearance. Heh. It's the blessing of the Dragons. I told you, they haven't left us. If you wish, I could teach you in their ways. - Aaron explained. Ehh...I wouldn't want t' spoil my good looks, tho. - Dennis said jokingly. Yes, yes, you're very funny. The scales are only because of my bloodline; any changes to your appearance would only appear as a temporary translucent aura when you used the magicks. - wanderer explained once again. I think I'll...have to say no. My own tricks are working fine for me. - Duke said, then asked: So, how far do ya think the transformation will go? - Dennis raised his arms above his head like wings for a moment, saying: You think you'll be like one o' them big 'uns, flyin' about and burning things? - slight mockery in his voice.

Ye saw how the Duke could turn into a dragon and such? - Aaron asked, then said: That was because he had the Dragonruler Greatsword. - and after a while he added: Now I have the Dragonruler Greatsword.

[1] When the two were talking, Inquisitor went to demonologist and gave him the "Et Anferne" tome, then returned to wanderer and gave him Dragonruler. After that, he settled to rest. He quickly fell asleep, but he had a horrible nightmare. He saw the Undead Duke, rising from his grave deep within the Height Keep's mausoleum and moving on, as if he was following someone's orders. Then Reynald saw a city to the east, behind the mountain ranges. There was a huge and beautiful cathedral to gods, and even in this dark hour there were lights and prayers set on in that place. But there was something wrong - the aura of this place was disturbingly dark, and within humans praying within countless candles, there were undead, everyone setting their prayers to a dark figure atop the cathedral. Then the blackened sun risen, revealing the figure to be a true fallen angel - three times the height of average man, weilding a black glaive, revelling in prayers set to it by his worshippers.

[1] Inquisitor woke up shocked, feeling that his faith weakened when looking at the visage of fallen angel spreading darkness within the world and desacrating a cathedral.

[6] He felt that even now, dark and holy forces fight for his spirit. This was a strange feeling indeed, as if his faith and evil lingering within were juxtapositioned.

Well, well, well, this is an interesting new weapon, too bad it's only short range. - Lysander said, checking the cleaver.

[5] He made a few swings with it, attuning himself to it's power. Once he was done, he felt that this little item has one more ability. He focused, and the small cleaver turned into a battle axe! Then he returned to others.

When everyone was ready, they met in the middle of entry hall, from where they could go north towards throne room, to the kitchen and granary, and to eastern and western wings of the keep. Now, we need to make sure that no undead remains in this keep. We will reclaim this place from the undead. - demonologist said. But before they moved on, Reynald had to ask:
I'm more than a bit worried. What sort of force could corrupt formerly good men into twisted monsters, and allow it's dark servants to masquerade as divine beings? - then after a while he said: The duke and the fallen angel might be dead, but I fear whatever commanded them might bend us to their foul will. - telling about his fear.

It appeared to me that the Duke was unaware of his condition; recall, he questioned "What trickery turns armed men into dust?". I suspect that to him, it must have appeared that we were the fearsome beasts. - Aaron started, then told about fallen angels: As for the false angel... they say that even after he fell, Lucifer retained his angelic appearance. It is not impossible that those beings are similar, having already fallen long ago and only now being able to show themselves. The gates of hell are open... - then concluded: I'd suspect that it's not a matter of some overarching "foul force", but rather, how these beings all act, when freed from the prison of hell.

It doesnt matter what they are, that doesnt define if they are good or evil. There is both good and evil on everyone. Some are particularily cruel or alturistic, but everyone can be corrupted, and everyone can be saved. - Pguhyuh thrown in his five cents to the argument, then gave others advice: You should judge them for their actions, not their appearance.

They were being controlled, I tell you! - inquisitor kept his point. The duke's magic was not the cause of it, and I had no way of knowing what he looked like until that happened! It had to be a vision created by some force far greater and you can't deny it! There are ulterior motives at work, and they will not relent now that we have destroyed one of their pawns.

[1] When the argument was over, demonologist ordered the demon to use it's infravision and tell if there are any undead nearby. Smoke looked around, scanning the area and yelled: The mob is incoming! About eight undead! - with anger in his voice.

Somewhere within the west wing, Alexander is sitting inside of a guest room with corpses of his family, having what would seem a tea party. Horned Demon that killed them is still there, taking enjoyment in madman's dark visions of his family still alive and his desperate attempts to bring them to life. The fact that demon hauled a dead cow to the keep just to watch the peasant go mad says a lot about it's cruelty.

When inquisitor fought Undead Duke and Aaron searched captain's quarters, there was someone else in the keep. Not a wizard nor warrior, and not a man as well. She was a scholar, an alchemist. Vivian MacFurich was here name. As she was searching the place for alchemical components and books of alchemical knowledge in quarters of keep's scribe, a mob of undead busted into neighboring study. Having nowhere to escape, Vivian hidden in scribe's wardrobe in hopes that undead won't find her there. After a moment the mob left, but one of undead still stayed, moaning terrifyingly.

Aaron: Received Dragonruler Greatsword, appearance change
Jeremiah: Rested
Reynald: Rested, Juxtaposition, -1 faith
Pguhyuh: Rested, Received Et Aenferne tome
Lysander: Brimstone cleaver - Warshape: turns cleaver into battle axe, adding 30 physical damage points but decreasing it's speed

OOC

I extended the player limit, but it's the last time that I'm doing it. Having more than 8 players would be simply too much (turn writing is not that much of a problem, but turn summary and updating character sheets is tedious). Smoke couldn't see what kind of undead they were as infravision allows him to see only general shape of enemy.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 12:36:20 pm by Dark One »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 15, 2017, 12:36:39 pm »

Wrath of God, or shall I turn incorporeal?
And thanks for letting them in. :D

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 15, 2017, 12:41:50 pm »

I think that I can handle 8 players. Moved their sheets from waitlist.

They're starting in a bit tough situations. Vivian could still possibly survive it, but if Alexander went cocky against Horned Demon, he'd be grinded into bloody paste...

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 15, 2017, 12:58:54 pm »

Suduce the demon. Town Fool's luck
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 15, 2017, 01:01:33 pm »

Suduce the demon. Town Fool's luck
BWAHAHAHAHA XD
That's just absolutely great XD

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 15, 2017, 01:14:33 pm »

"I believe there may be a mausoleum on the keep's grounds where they are being raised. We need to seal it off or purge them from it if we want to maintain the keep as a safe harbor. I will save the wrath for it, and fight them toe-to-toe."
move to intercept the undead mob, and strike them down with my longsword!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 15, 2017, 01:24:53 pm »

"I believe there may be a mausoleum on the keep's grounds where they are being raised. We need to seal it off or purge them from it if we want to maintain the keep as a safe harbor. I will save the wrath for it, and fight them toe-to-toe."
Well enough.
Turn intangible, and start wreaking havoc among the undead.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 15, 2017, 01:31:22 pm »

Follow Reynald and Aaron, use Frantic Flurry and Wild Charge against two undead.

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 15, 2017, 01:35:22 pm »

Would the bit of arcane damage on the cleaver mean that it could strengthen the undead, or would it be nullified by the physical and dark damage, or even just have only a small total effect?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 15, 2017, 01:44:21 pm »

Would the bit of arcane damage on the cleaver mean that it could strengthen the undead, or would it be nullified by the physical and dark damage, or even just have only a small total effect?
it's random. You could cause them to heal or get buffed by that amount, or you could just one shot them with a roll of 5 even though they had 200+ hp. At least that's how I understand it.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 15, 2017, 01:47:26 pm »

it's random. You could cause them to heal or get buffed by that amount, or you could just one shot them with a roll of 5 even though they had 200+ hp. At least that's how I understand it.
No, I mean does the damage amount effect it, so as it is only 5 damage would it make it have less of an effect than, say 30 arcane damage?

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 166