Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 174110 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - Fiery Aftermath [9/10]
« Reply #1755 on: October 28, 2017, 12:18:14 am »

Keep going with my folks; ask Erlath questions to know him deeper.

Apologies to DM--please roll freely. Have board exam tomorrow. Busybusy!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: October 28, 2017, 12:03:48 pm »

"I've something to admit. I don't remember anything before what had happened in the fortress where I met some of you. Retrograde amnesia. We learned anatomy and other things in exorcist school. I cope with nervousness by being pretty bookish."

"Don't worry, you didn't miss much. Mostly there was a lot of farming, some fighting, the priests got mad at us, and then apparently the gods decided to break the world or fix it. Or break it and then fix it? Not sure. Also I think there were dragons involved, somewhere along the line."

First off, set myself on fire again. Then, pick everyone up and just fly us all to the other end of the portal.
Clearly, I need to do this myself.

"This is the best idea I have ever heard, and when I rule the land I will have one o' those big colorful church windows made to look like this moment, so that the little 'uns can grow up lookin' at the window and know that the best idea has already been had, and they can't possibly have an idea this cool again, ever."

Enthusiastically ride the dragon to wherever it is we're going.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: October 28, 2017, 12:38:13 pm »

Basically, there was a war and the gods, instead of helping us, they created the undead to kill us. I don't know what did they expect to happen but now almost everyone is an undead now. I wonder if they will force them to worship the gods too once humanity is gone? Humans replaced by the undead...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 12:40:40 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: October 28, 2017, 02:41:10 pm »

Likely depends on if the undead have any kind of sapience. I know we've met some that do - the duke, for example - but most of them have just seemed mindless. Those that are smart enough to think for themselves also often seem to be the strongest ones, so I doubt that they'd care to offer the gods their worship regardless. They'd likely be trying to cement their own place as deities; I can guess that wouldn't be appreciated.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: October 28, 2017, 03:13:45 pm »

I have seen many undead that were as smart as any normal human. Those mindless undead still knew how to use weapons and how to communicate with their kin, so maybe they just not speak in the same way as us. Or they might not be able to talk because their throats have rotted.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: October 29, 2017, 02:52:49 pm »

Turn 73

[2 +2] Clearly, I need to do this myself. - Aaron said, calling his elemental maelstrom once again to set himself on fire. He succeeded, starting a fire frenzy!

The sooner we reach the mountains the better. I must find Lyirah quickly before she find the spear and leaves the place. - Pguhyuh hurried everyone up. Don't worry, you didn't miss much. Mostly there was a lot of farming, some fighting, the priests got mad at us, and then apparently the gods decided to break the world or fix it. Or break it and then fix it? Not sure. Also I think there were dragons involved, somewhere along the line. - Duke said to exorcist, Serrana seemed to be absorbed by her thoughts. Then he said to spectrall dragon: This is the best idea I have ever heard, and when I rule the land I will have one o' those big colorful church windows made to look like this moment, so that the little 'uns can grow up lookin' at the window and know that the best idea has already been had, and they can't possibly have an idea this cool again, ever.

Basically, there was a war and the gods, instead of helping us, they created the undead to kill us. I don't know what did they expect to happen but now almost everyone is an undead now. I wonder if they will force them to worship the gods too once humanity is gone? Humans replaced by the undead... - demonologist further explained, and Aaron commented: Likely depends on if the undead have any kind of sapience. I know we've met some that do - the duke, for example - but most of them have just seemed mindless. Those that are smart enough to think for themselves also often seem to be the strongest ones, so I doubt that they'd care to offer the gods their worship regardless. They'd likely be trying to cement their own place as deities; I can guess that wouldn't be appreciated.

I have seen many undead that were as smart as any normal human. Those mindless undead still knew how to use weapons and how to communicate with their kin, so maybe they just not speak in the same way as us. Or they might not be able to talk because their throats have rotted. - demonologist replied.

[4 +4] Spectral dragon somehow materialized and grabbed Dennis, Serrana, Pguhyuh and smoke. Lysander and Naablvat got up on Stumpy, Erlath's spirit moved beside Aaron, and they all took off!

[3] During the flight, Serrana asked the spirit a few questions to know it better. Can you tell me something about your life before imprisonment? Was denying gods the true reason of it? How did being stuck in a small idol felt? - she asked.

[1] I'm not in the mood to talk. Go bother someone else! - the spirit barked back at exorcist.

[3 +4] Finding the portal from above was much quicker, they were able to see vast expanses of Abyss - keeps of abyssal knights, fortresses of darkriders, demonic strongholds, floating islands where dread knights fought over the land with darkriders. There were countless dark spirits as well, lost and wandering blindly. They could easily see the portal from there and flied to it extremely fast.

[5] Following the dragon, demonologist and his minions got to the portal just as quick as them.

[1] Renald came closer to demon he shot down to retrieve his arrow, but suddenly a flaming pig ran out of nearby burning building!

[Pig: 6, Renald: 6] Wanderer immediately backed off and dodged the zombie. The undead ran forward, without coming back for Renald. After a while he heard a slam, loud screams and a rumble of rocks falling

A demon... great. He could have at least left me that axe instead of making it disappear. - Roboson grumbled out loudly.

[1] He decided to go towards a town and seek medical attention. The nearest place he could reach was the village. As he entered it and went past several buildings, a flaming pig ran towards him!

[Pig: 6, Roboson: 1, Rock Golem: 2] Before rock golem could react, the animal slammed with Roboson, hitting him hard and setting him on fire. Enchanter screamed in agony as flames engulfed his body! The golem tried to kill the pig, but when Roboson died, energy keeping it alive ceased, and it broke into several rock boulders, falling down on the ground with loud rumble!

[Stan: 1 +1, Imp: 5] Demonologist decided to screw all those magic shenanigans and resort to good old physical violence. He took his dark tome and attempted to beat the imp over it's head with it. The demon parried his attack and retaliated, clawing his face!

[2] Then further east we shall go. I am eager and apprehensive to see what it is like on the other side of the mountains. - inquisitor said and entered the portal with demigoddess. After a short while of phasing through reality, they ended up back in the cavern where the spear was found. That's strange... Perhaps I haven't mastered my new powers yet. - Lyirah said.

[3] A grizzly looking man in tattered and shredded clothing, about 4'10 in height and weighing at least 100 pound, with a magnificent beard have reached the gates of Height Keep. Bentfear, the alchemist entered it's courtyard. The place looked safe and it seemed that someone just recently was in here. However, it was empty by now.

Imp: [10/30]

Aaron: 3 turns for spectral dragon to end
Roboson: Dead
Stan: -10 HP [5/25]

OOC

Power shortages... I'm expecting it to get worse, so I may not be able to update character sheets or write next turns. I thought about ending the whole game, but I decided to continue it until we'll have at least 100 turns. If it'd still be fun after that point, I'll continue it further.

Spoiler: To Roboson (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 02:57:48 pm by Dark One »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: October 29, 2017, 03:05:59 pm »

Didn't Stumpy's wings break, he can't fly.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: October 29, 2017, 03:11:34 pm »

Not that it matters. I don't see why I wouldn't have just carried you guys, too.

Anyway, RIP Robo.

Proceed through the portal. If Reynald and Lyirah are there, greet them. (I'd rather that they are there)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: October 29, 2017, 03:53:50 pm »

Didn't Stumpy's wings break, he can't fly.

Suddenly GM gives him wings back. Guess I'll have to make Kupameth return to counter that...

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: October 29, 2017, 04:49:07 pm »

(Death by pig. RIP Roboson)
Enter the portal and reach the chamber where the spear was. Greet Lyirah if I find her and attemp to explain everything from the moment I found the undead sorcerer Jeramesh, then the Unavented Cathedral, the Archangel Cilber and the story he told me, and when we found Thunderlord and the Dread Knight Kupameth.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: October 29, 2017, 05:23:13 pm »

((I did not expect that to happen, pigs...natural born killers))
Check where the pig ran off to, try to avoid getting seen by it or anything else for that matter
Renald clutched at his scratch marks mumbling to himself
"Was that just a pig? Looked a little overcooked. Glad no one is here for that."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: October 29, 2017, 11:54:40 pm »

Proceed through the portal. If Reynald and Lyirah are there, greet them. (I'd rather that they are there)

Same.

If they're there:

"Hey Quiz! I'm back! And so are these other people! Aaron's a dragon now! Hi Lyirah."

Thanks for not ending the game yet, Dark.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 01:18:01 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: October 30, 2017, 03:32:00 am »

so where am i in this situation dark
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: October 30, 2017, 08:14:08 am »

You are in Height Keep, the safe spot secured by others a few turns earlier. It wasn't fully looted, so you can search it for items if you wish. From this place you can go to (still partially burning) village, to hills and hell pit (where Stan is), to the east (Unavented Cathedral is far, mountains are even further), or you can head west to forests, graveyard and beyond.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: October 30, 2017, 08:39:12 am »

I Attempt to Blast it with my spell book's magic once more, then run away if it survives
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 166