Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26

Author Topic: Ineth Zafal, a Humankin fortress  (Read 35627 times)

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
Re: Ineth Zafal, a Humankin fortress
« Reply #345 on: November 02, 2017, 09:18:10 am »

Get your HD pictures, your fresh pictures here!
~ Armok Vision 0.18.0

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 02, 2017, 11:29:25 am »

The 0.18 new creature sprites don't really show up there, though.

I think the tree is going to need a few leaves, once the settlement gets some garnierite.

The moat is nice however.

JStheguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 06, 2017, 12:05:20 pm »

So, uh, when exactly is Sanctume planning on actually finishing his turn?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 06, 2017, 01:34:53 pm »

Ahh. I had a pc issue and some social functions that took me away from gaming.  Looking at my notes, I reached Sandstone (mid-autumn). 

I comfortably estimate I can be done by Sunday evening, maybe sooner with the save. If that's ok?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 06, 2017, 01:41:08 pm »

Sure.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 07, 2017, 09:01:59 am »

And most importantly, is Sanctume going to get beaten by the short end of the goblin stick?
No.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 07, 2017, 11:34:09 am »

And most importantly, is Sanctume going to get beaten by the short end of the goblin stick?
No.

Ahh, that siege. 
Might as well tease what came after. 
Remember that ramp from cavern to barracks at Tree Fort? 
At first a bunch of trogolytes (sp?) come up. 
Then an FB shows up. 

Does Druid Bear's army have nature's protection from poison?

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 07, 2017, 04:09:36 pm »

is there any way I can join, or is it too late to do so?
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 07, 2017, 08:39:51 pm »

It's never too late.

I'll add you to the turn list, and you have until your turn to book a square.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 07, 2017, 09:54:04 pm »

Does Druid Bear's army have nature's protection from poison?

We do, it's called a bridge.
Err... you did raise the bridge, did you?
Right next to the cavern entrance..?
Uh oh.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 08, 2017, 07:56:20 am »

okay cool, I'll take E1 then
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 10, 2017, 08:07:19 pm »

Ch 6: We’re Under Attack?

1 Hematite

Placing the expansion tavern of Cruelbards on Crossroad One attracts plenty of visitors and petitioners which means there is a larger demand for booze. 

Speaking of petitions, Uda Smokespire is approved to entertain here in The Air City.  As for booze, sunshine production is majority but there is room for generic booze.  As summer arrives, a budding entrepreneur starts a small farm plot for strawberry and potato in District 2.

On the second day of Hematite, a siege has come!  Or rather, a scouting party consisting of an elf, a troll, and a beak dog.  Regardless of its small size, it is a threat that all squads are to muster in Crossroad One.

The troll Amxu is moving in to D4, so the squads forgo the muster and are ordered to intercept.

Spoiler: The Troops (click to show/hide)

Amxu enters the Notched Temple, sees the human bard Vanod, and charges.  Amxu gores Vanod’s right foot and left him bleeding on the temple floor. 

The other human, a poet named Awlist steps out to the balcony, and climbs up the slanted roof.  Amxu pursues.

The elf lasher Ale start whipping the giant war lynx until a silver scourge chips the skull and bruising the brain dead lynx.

--

Such violence quickened the hearts of the Humankins and Elfkins alike.

Sword Quazo arrives and strikes but Ale blocks with a copper shield and counters.  Quazo’s iron helm deflected, but the force pulls the neck, tearing skin. 

Another lash is parried by Quazo, and she follows it with a stab to the knee.  It was deflected but the force tears muscle and Ale falls over.

Elfkin Druid (Bear) lashes at Ale, but the chop was blocked.

Quazo stabs Ale in the lower arm, disarming the silver scourge. 

Druid Bear lashes at the head, ringing the iron helm. 

Quazo stabs the left arm, opening an artery that Ale loses hold of the {rutile uzest} and copper shield.

More soldiers arrive and inflict more damage to the fallen Ale.

--

Sword Thob pommels the beak dog in the head, fracturing skull.

Bosa the beak dog is being skewered as more squad members join the fight.

Meanwhile, Amxu the troll is alone and confused on top of the temple’s roof.

--

It is all just mayhem now as people are just mauling Ale now: grabbing, pulling tongue, until Guard Amak strangles the throat.

Bosa the beak dog finally went down when Toad Hunter (Setoc)’s steel flail explodes the head into gore.

Sword Led is the first to arrive at the temple and slashes at Amxu whose right hand is severed and sails off in an arc.  A bronze short sword imbeds in the right lung.  Amxu collapses to the ground from over-exertion and Led continues to deal punishments until a final stab in the head, tearing the brain.

-☼-

6 Hematite

The siege is over, but the rumors says it was just a scouting party and a large hoarde is gathering just beyond the river's bend.  Others say that Fake Tree is a curse that will surely become the downfall of The City of Air. 

But with the army's victory, life continues with Thob Actchanneled approved to entertain.  The booze flow in the tavern festivities starting with Uzin, human farmer throwing a tantrum at the Cruel Barbs and starts brawling Elf Poet Arile.

12 Hematite

Rimtar Dyegood is approved to study in Air City.  Kel Dawnmanor and The Laborious Insights are approved to entertain.

Diplomat Uzo from the human city Loddur arrived.  News about Gido a month ago became Lady of The Dominant Groupd, replacing her mother Wem.

The caravan soon follow and the rag hauling to the trade depot resume.  All squads take a break off training to haul more rags.

Bora the broker decides to throw a tantrum in D2, so anyone can do the trade now. 
Oh, Bora decide to do the trade.  You better not mess this up.

21 Hematite

The forgotten beast Nunore has come, a three-eyed kite that has poisonous vapors.

22 Hematite

Ulet Flankedtapered is approved to be a soldier and put into into [DW] Stabberinos.

Just in time to have all the squads attack Nunore because Nunore has moved up the ramp towards the Fake Tree zone.

22 Hematite

Calthath Sculpteddulled, Flail Calthath, wishes to join The Colorless Boat as a citizen of The City of Air.  Welcome, you are now part of The Foreign Flail.

Kite is a common name for certain birds of prey.  Nunore, is flying or hovering in the spiral tunnel between the lower cavern and Fake Tree, content to remain there for some time now. 

The attack order is cancelled, but the squads are mustered on top.  The hazel wood weapon rack is designated for training to all squad, and training is activated also.  Hope Nunore flies up to a bunch of soldiers.

Conu Borntrades, Singing Spear, wishes to join The Colorless Boat as a citizen of The City of Air.  Welcome, you are now part of [DW] Stabberino.

2 Malachite

Ingish Speakink, Axe Singer, wishes to join and added to [DW] Chopperinos.

6 Malachite

Molcet Lyricalchant, Whip Appeal, wishes to join and added to [DW] Whippperino.

The D2 quarry reached another layer of diorites after the granites.  The masons are still making granite blocks, and now diorite blocks also.

A few more rags arrived in the depot and Bora happens to be there calm and waiting and traded for some weapons, and 2 gold blocks.

Thad Limebowed, Flail Thad, and Awlist Spraysinges, Flail Awlist, join The Foreign Flails.

Id Passfigures, Whip Appeal 2 join the [DW] Whippperinos.

The Foreign Legion 2 is disbanded and replaced with The Foreign Hammers captained by Hammer Awlist, with Hammer Ingish,

Ricdil Garnishtreated, Shooter Ricdil, joins the Pea-shooters.

20 Malachite

THe Human Pumpper Igul starts screaming about being interrupted by Nunore who was seen at the cavern lock through the fortifcation .  Kill orders, go!

Guard Amak is first to engage Nunore and stabs with her iron spear, chipping bone in the right wing. 

Nunore bursts out poisonous extract.

No immediate effect, so Amak swings the iron spear bashing the head. 

Nunore falls over but continues to emit poisonous clouds while Amak stab many more times to the head.

Axe Teknik arrives and began hacking and biting Nunore. 

Sword Ripper and Guard Stabby come and stab, and the whole affair just become one giant kite pile. 

Sniper M comes and blocks the breath a couple of times and charges with his iron crossbow and begins using it as a club, and punching. 

Guard Stabby stabs his iron spear in the head and tears the brain of Nunore, dead. 

The victory inspired a bard, Avuz Rootmirror, Shooter Avuz to join the Pea-shooters.

-☼-

22 Malachite

Guard Amak is found dead, then Axe Teknik, then Sword Ripper.

27 Malachite

Bolt Caster Hibor is found dead.

6 Galena

Kiros Dipperfect, Stabby Kiros; Lelgo Brasswalked, Stabby Kiros; and Us Pointriddled, Stabby Poet Us join and has become part of the Stabberinos.

Huthra Yorerule, Axe Huthra joins the Chopperinos.

Nithim Rampartsockets, Shooter Nithim joins the Pea-shooters.

21 Galena

A section of the cavern collapsed!  What? Zefon the miner is only removing one standing wall.  Carry on.  I mean, two miners needs to be carried.  The hospital should be working.  The well is still dry, however.

Datan Bowfigures, Axe Datan joins the Chopperinos.

23 Galena

Six more visitor bedrooms are added on the 5th floor of Cruelbarbs.  There is a 2-wide attic, maybe more rooms can be added there.

Mafol Mirrorrinse, Hammer Mafol joins The Foreign Hammers.

--

Checking bar stock: 21 iron, 41 silver, 5 bronze, 59 copper.

Order to smelt 2 hematite, 3 limonites, 11 tetrahedrite.
Make 5 pig irons, 6 steel bars, 1 bronze bar from ores.
10 silver war hammers, 10 silver mace...
Oh!  There is no smith's forge or smelter setup in the entire city.

Is there room in District 2?

Well, if one is ambitious enough, dig down to the black sands and move the farm plots, and put a glass maker and the forges. 

Then build up from there, room enough for a multi-layer complex of workshops: masons, mechanics, jewelers.  And another layer for the lumberjack union. And at least a non-sunshine booze production.

The rest of the summer focuses on the completion of D2’s North Road, and possible “Crossroad Two” located on northwest of D2.

Summer ends.

/ooc My current progress is mid-autumn, so I hope to finish the rest by weekend's end.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 10, 2017, 11:11:52 pm »

No way, we killed a forgotten beast! And here I was thinking we'd all get slaughtered. Ah, me of little faith.

Oh!  There is no smith's forge or smelter setup in the entire city.

Well to be fair we'd been doing so well with the looted remains of our dead brethren lately. Who needs smithin' when you got lootin'?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 11:14:19 pm by Bearskie »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 11, 2017, 05:43:35 pm »

the hatch that shuts off the drain is removed

Coulda been tantrums. When I handed it over, we were getting monthly tantrums and suicides, and they were tearing up all the roads, bridges and the library. Kenobi and Kylo had to constantly keep the peace (read: cave their skulls in). Only visitors though, not our own citizens. They're all properly hardened by now; you're welcome. ;)

The hatch down the well breaks again.  I think when a bucket is dropped down, and goes through a lever-linked hatch, it deconstructs the hatch. I think I have a solution. 

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 11, 2017, 06:29:08 pm »

Ch 7: Duas Turres

5 Galena

Autumn arrives and our rank of recruits steadily grow.

Vanod Cuspjoined, Whip Vanod joins and has become part of the Whipperinos.

Bekdil Hushedpattern, Mace Bekdil joins and has become part of the Crusherinos.

The Enforcer of Darkness is beating Shoot Ricdil.

7 Limestone

Bora finally died from his depression.

Specut, the Irresponsible Cripple is now the broker.

Oh, wait, The Second Last Hope is carrying on with his duty to deliver justice in The City of Air.  Bora was the first.  Bard Uda is getting the beating next.

Roads in D2 perimeter are being lain.

Nek Smithpanted, Stabby Nek joins and has become part of the Stabberinos.

9 Limestone

The outpost liaison Kol from Athserkol arrived with the caravan.

Sword Belza is found dead.

Sakzul Chewedspears, Stabby Sakzul joins and has become part of the Stabberinos.

12 Limestone

D2 Quarry is about to reach the caverns.  Further digging is postponed until a work forge is built.

Trade time

12k ☼ of rags to trade for booze, and iron and steel weapons.

11 Sandstone

Kylo is possessed and claims a mason then makes a weapon rack made of golden nugget, and named it after himself.  The weapon rack even has an image of a weapon rack on itself.

The weaponrack is sent to Fake Tree and make it part of their barracks.

Spoiler: Kylo’s Mood (click to show/hide)

17 Sandstone

Sword Ertu has been found dead, dehydrated up on a tree.

Spoiler: Ertu Dead on tree (click to show/hide)

18 Sandstone

A cave crocodile went up the ramp and is fought by The Elfkin Druid Bearskie.  Bearskie dodge an attack in the narrow ledge and fell down. 

The squads are ordered to assist and Axe Europa hacks the cave crocodile’s head.

Spoiler: Cave Croc (click to show/hide)

20 Timber
Rakfil, a human ghost batters Slim Shady!
A ghost possessed a brewer who begins throwing a tantrum.

Spoiler: Slim Shady (click to show/hide)

The quarry in D2 reveals the cavern, so while careful plans are begin prepared, hauling the stones is made priority.  A QSP Stone & Gems is created.

The Skywalk building is being dug to expose the black sand layer to light where for small farms, kitchen, still, glass maker will be built.
 A few more rooms for carpenter, and forge, and eventually more living spaces.

-☼-

Winter arrives and the efforts are focused on finishing the crossroads, quarry and Skywalk building.

The Skywalk building is complete.  It has an indoor farm for strawberries, rye, and sunshine; kitchen, still, farmer’s workshop, glass furnace, carpenter’s shop, wood burner, smelter and a smith’s forge.  On the top floors are new condominium units and cheap dorms.  The entrance to the skywalk towards District D4 is secured by a small raising bridge.

Spoiler: Farm & Forge (click to show/hide)

The digging of the quarry in D2 continued deeper, and almost to the first cavern. 

Crossroad One has an extension of Cruelbarbs tavern and plenty of visitors hangout here.

Spoiler: Crossroad One (click to show/hide)

Crossroad Two is not a tower, but a potential housing unit for Commander Nek. 

When the elevated North Road (of D2) is completed, there is opportunity to construct a utility room under the road that is accessed from D2’s dry moat.

Spoiler: Crossroad Two (click to show/hide)

Crossroad Three is another tower on the southeast corner of D2.

Spoiler: Crossroad Three (click to show/hide)

Spring arrives. 

Save AirCity 259

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26