Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26

Author Topic: Ineth Zafal, a Humankin fortress  (Read 35630 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Ineth Zafal, a Humankin fortress
« Reply #330 on: October 24, 2017, 10:43:19 am »

Yeah, I guess I'm going to have to set them all pet-available in my next turn.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 24, 2017, 12:13:01 pm »

Assuming there's any alive after the sieges by then.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 25, 2017, 06:08:09 am »

Am i the only one who doesn't bother to drag clothes to the depot, and instead just designate refuse stockpiles over them to accelerate the tattering process? It's just so agonising to see them scour across the map grabbing socks one at a time.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 25, 2017, 09:36:33 am »

In my observation, setting things to be put in the depot seems to be a priority even for inactive squads, compared to flagging clothes to dump via z-stock page & high precision record keeper. 

How long will xSocksx become completely deleted objects/memory?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 25, 2017, 09:56:12 am »

Pretty quickly, in a refuse stockpile. You can just make the floor refuse stockpile in bedrooms, if you wish.

One could also just mass-hide all clothing, I suppose. The main annoyance is the litter screwing up the picturesque landscape.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 25, 2017, 12:42:23 pm »

I usually have my indoor garbage smasher; but in this case, anything outside D2 is garbage dump.  :D

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 30, 2017, 10:45:21 am »

My apologies as I am taking too long to finish my turn.  I played over the weekend, and managed to reaching Sandstone, so mid-autumn.  I may need another weekend to play it through.  Hopefully, I can edit my notes to write something to post later tonight.

JStheguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 30, 2017, 03:44:58 pm »

I've noticed we haven't been doing much in the way of documenting our artifacts, so I've gone ahead and compiled all of our artifacts into a nice big list of descriptions.

Also, here are synopsis of the great human writings Más Spindrill acquired, because they were also listed on the Artifacts screen.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 30, 2017, 03:52:23 pm »

Such fine works!

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 31, 2017, 08:36:06 am »

My apologies as I am taking too long to finish my turn.  I played over the weekend, and managed to reaching Sandstone, so mid-autumn.  I may need another weekend to play it through.  Hopefully, I can edit my notes to write something to post later tonight.

I think this is one of the few forts where a lack of narrative works alright, and I have full confidence in you delivering on your building skills by the end of your turn.

JStheguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 01, 2017, 07:07:20 am »

So, I've decided to take a look at the save file in Legends Viewer, and I found something kind of interesting.
You guys know that goblin attack that happened during my reign?
It turns out that was the start of a major ongoing war.

The very same ongoing war that would lead to the two seiges that hit our town.

So basically all the bloodshed and death that happened in 254 and 257 is all my fault, I guess.
Hopefully this instills confidence in my upcoming second term.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 01, 2017, 08:08:35 am »

Well, they did trash your tile to utter oblivion, so I guess... that makes it... even?

Their attack history is rather strange though. How did MaxSpin and bloop_bleep avoid getting attacked? What happened in the years between 254-257? And most importantly, is Sanctume going to get beaten by the short end of the goblin stick?

JStheguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 01, 2017, 08:20:49 am »

Well, so far the Singed Conflict has had 46 battles "of note", however, most of them are quite similar to the Seige of Danger, with causalities being limited to at most a handful deaths total, only a handful of battles have double/triple digit death counts, plus a few successful goblin conquests.

To me the bigger question is why we haven't seen any attacks from the Confederation of Shooting, given a similarly sized war is also going on with them.

Also, nice touch putting Ineth Zafal in the far outskirts of Charcoal Wheel territory, Japa.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:22:36 am by JStheguy »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 01, 2017, 08:33:27 am »

You're telling me... that we're at war with not only the goblins, but the humans too?

Oh geez, one was !!FUN!! enough.

JStheguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 01, 2017, 09:25:00 am »

If it makes you feel any better, the Confederation of Shooting is also at war with the same goblin civ we are at war with, so this whole conflict is actually a three-way mess as opposed to us having gotten involved in an ill-fated war on two fronts.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26