Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Hailquake - The game of influence - players needed!  (Read 8378 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hailquake - The game of influence - needs more dwarf
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2017, 01:01:11 pm »

Being notoriously slow on the uptake, I hadn't realized that Cathar had acclaimed someone. Oh well.

There is an influence penalty for acclaiming an unpopular person:
Quote from: Rules Book
3.1.2 You may publicly Acclaim another citizen for their achievements or services. Write an IC post describing what you acclaim them for.  Any citizens may agree or disagree
  • For each citizen that agrees add 1 influence to the target.
  • If more citizens agree than disagree you gain 1 influence
  • If more citizens disagree than agree you get -1 influence
  • You may not Acclaim a citizen more than once per season

You will need to consult the expanded rulebook on google docs.

Oh, well, explanations when explanations are due.
As a mayor, I wish to create a climate of trust and political stability, and as such I wish to reward behaviors that I deem are moving toward the right direction. Spriggans pretty much stopped the motion that would leave the council as the sole master of the fortress with no counterpower, which is not healthy for the community, therefore I think his behavior is worthy of praise.

I am conscious I am mayor by default, and the conditions for me staying in power relies mostly in nothing awefully wrong happening. Likewise, my own glory is organically linked to the glory of the fortress, and I can only shine if the fort shines, so I have no conflict of interest.

If people by in large want me to step down from my position, I will - but since they do not, I feel I have a duty to return favors, hence my praises. I'd be glad if my brothers join me in this acclamation, more will follow, so we can mutually increase our standing.

Edit : Are you sure it costs me prestige to have people disagree on an acclaim? It doesnt say so in the rules. I don't mind either ay but can you update the rules so I know precisely the effects of my actions?

Good reasoning. I agree with the acclamation. Unchecked legislative power is a bad idea. I feel like there should be something about vetoes, however... so neither the mayor or council can act without some agreement from the other.

Just a thought.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2017, 03:46:40 pm »

cathar acclaims spriggans
Agree: 2 disagree: 0
If you want  vetoes or somesuch put into law might i remind you you can form a faction blueturtle, it doesnt have to be just a thought!
And cathar the rules ine the op are meant to be a general guide/quick reference the linked full rules (in the op too) are whats important.. i might go edit to make this clearer
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 03:48:27 pm by neblime »
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2017, 05:15:30 pm »

Sorry, I might have to drop out because this is a bit too confusing for the tired me.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2017, 05:34:59 pm »

Alright sorry to hear that  :( did you want to drop into the background like we discussed earlier or drop out altogether (really as a peasant with no position you dont have to do anything when you dont feel like it)
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2017, 06:37:08 pm »

Sorry, I might have to drop out because this is a bit too confusing for the tired me.

It can get... really confusing. The rules are huge.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: Hailquake - The game of influence - players needed!
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2017, 03:51:18 pm »

cathar acclaims spriggans
Will now end for a total of +2 influence and cathar gains an extra 1 influence

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2017, 12:13:07 am »

also snow retires as council member and captain of the guard, losing the appropriate influence (I am just going to leave him on the dwarf list in the background until i hear from him)
at this rate we need more players! in any case the council has a free spot now
Also it's been long enough since the last action so i'm going to play another season

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2017, 06:34:54 am »

Well, vacancies cannot be allowed to stand, eh? I run for / appoint myself council member.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2017, 12:02:58 am »

blueturtle what you mean is petition to become council member
(the two remaining) council members vote y/n
votes 0/2 needed
(didn't include what to do in the case of a draw since the council is supposed to have 3 members, shall we just say no one loses any influence in that event)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2017, 01:19:36 am »

Year 2 season 1
as per the mayor's order i set out all keen to make wooden goblets only to find out there is no such thing, so instead cathar made wood cups
15 migrants arrived but it still feels like we don't have enough dwarves!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
we have our first legendary dwarf! spriggans has become a legendary miner and now earns an extra 1 influence per turn
Also as per the mayor's request some axes and mail shirts were produced, FakerFanGirl now trains with them, although alone, and in a rather makeshift barracks we made above the surface.
currently spriggan's little band of guards is bigger than the military!
FakeFanGirl don't forget it's your perogative to add soldiers to the military (although with the scarcity of dwarves right now it certainly helps work get done if you don't)
Spoiler: status (click to show/hide)

(I think from now on i'll put any ongoing action at the end of each post so no one misses them :P)
ongoing vote Blueturtle petitions for council member
council members vote y/n
votes 0/2 needed
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 01:22:52 am by neblime »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2017, 09:00:13 am »

When a private citizen can pay more guards than the military, you know something's up.  :)

Herodian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2017, 11:19:30 am »

I'd like to claim a dwarf, if there's one going. Arcan Solon seems like a good name, and I'll go with a soldier, if there are any, or a cook if not.
The world is grey, the mountains old,
The forge's fire is ashen-cold;
No harp is wrung, no hammer falls:
The darkness dwells in Durin's halls;
The shadow lies upon his tomb
In Moria, in Khazad-dûm.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2017, 01:12:07 pm »

Oh good, more players! Welcome, Herodian!

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2017, 03:18:08 pm »

I don't think it's possible to remove the mayor/expedition leader position.

add soldiers to the military
Alright.
provide a wooden training axe to nine civilians, who will train under me during Moonstone, Opal, and Obsidian.
Add everyone who is basically unbreakable, incredibly tough, quite durable, or tough (and not in a squad, and not trained as a marksdwarf) to my squad. Then add Herodian and Snow and whoever has time to pray/idle/socialize until the squad has 10 dwarves.

Equipment for slots 1,2,3
Equipment for slots 4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Training schedule:

I cannot see anyone's stats so I don't know who would make a suitable axedwarf/marksdwarf/swordsdwarf/etc. If someone likes axes then assign them to one of the first three of the squad slots.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2017, 06:40:13 pm »

I'd like to claim a dwarf, if there's one going. Arcan Solon seems like a good name, and I'll go with a soldier, if there are any, or a cook if not.
Done! starting inlfuence = 5
so i didn't notice until i added you to the military but you already had competent axedwarf skill!
and look at that personal text, I like this dwarf haha
I don't think it's possible to remove the mayor/expedition leader position.
do you mean in game? because it totally is, yes elections will override you every now and then but you just have to go in and replace it again
if you mean as part of the rules, yes it is, all positions are removable, either by vote by council or someone else, or overthrowing the government
thanks for your input on the military!
but you forgot something:
Blueturtle is petitioning to become council member
council members (looking at YOU fakerfangirl) vote y/n
votes needed 0/2
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 06:44:25 pm by neblime »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7