Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31

Author Topic: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - Turn 10  (Read 32778 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - Turn 3
« Reply #270 on: June 21, 2017, 02:04:47 pm »

Turn 3 – Sparks of Magic
Winter, 1001AD

Across the world, little inklings of a return to the old ways begin to show up.

Smoke and Mirrors (Cauldron): Travellers have told tales of their journeys through Cauldron and the surrounding area. Well beaten paths turn in unexpected directions, known landmarks disappear from sight and an entire day's travel ends up returning you to the same place you started. The effects seem to be most pronounced in Central Cauldron. Clearly something is going on here.

The Deeps (Shadevale/Greyland): There have been reports of strange occurrences on the waters between Greyland and Shadevale East. Mysterious shadows under the water, sudden swells capsizing boats and whole ships disappearing without a trace. Citizens on both sides are scared and appealing to their rules for help. The occurrences are wide spread, but seem to be centred near a small island in the channel between the two territories.

Reign of Terror (Hodgwin): According to refugees, an individual of great power has installed themselves as dictator of North Hodgwin. Descriptions vary massively, but they all agree that this person can kill an individual with a mere glance.

Corruption (Dalton): Rumours abound on the borders of the Republic and the Alliance of a poison infecting the very land. Animals are few and sickly, plants wither and die and the very ground is ashen and infertile. Furthermore, nervous citizens talk of “things” beyond the border that defy all sane description. Most of these rumours are coming from the border of Western Dalton.

Fireshows (Biting): From both the coasts of Farland and Brent strange displays can be seen on the isle of Biting. Bright flashes of light & fires of many colours are visible after darkness, but are gone without a trace by morning.

Here be Monsters (Terret): Stories circulate about a cave embedded in the coastal cliffs of North Terret. According to reports, some beast appears to be living there, snapping up livestock and the occasional peasant. The affected area appears to slowly be growing as well.

Spoiler: Storm Empire (Taricus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Novatechs (Papaj) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pollock (Nirur Torir) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 07:56:30 am by Kashyyk »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 21, 2017, 02:07:37 pm »

The first turn actually involved about thirty different files, but I'm slowly getting the program to collate it into fewer.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 21, 2017, 02:11:59 pm »

Spoiler: Bannerstock Guild (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 21, 2017, 02:16:48 pm »

Okay. Interesting, not 100% sure what to do now.
Spoiler: orders (click to show/hide)
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 21, 2017, 02:17:24 pm »

« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 10:23:29 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 21, 2017, 02:18:26 pm »

Edit:  Whoops!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 03:24:08 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 21, 2017, 02:24:04 pm »

Um... you broke the spoiler tags Iituem :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 21, 2017, 02:45:40 pm »

You may wish to redo your orders Iituem, you're missing a /
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 21, 2017, 02:46:06 pm »

Leader Nirur listened as his steward reported on taxes, while trying and failing to scratch a hard brown rock with his claws.

"... And thiss .. ?bread? is part of the taxes?"

"Your new landss mosstly have ssubssisstiencce farmerss."

"Usesless. Draw up planss to ressettle our own kind. Give them our besst toolss, and show the new people how to actually work the land."

"Ah, that will be pricey and take many yearss- Yess, Leader."

Spoiler: Pollock Turn (click to show/hide)

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 21, 2017, 02:51:28 pm »

The first turn actually involved about thirty different files, but I'm slowly getting the program to collate it into fewer.
Wait you are using a program for this? How?
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 21, 2017, 02:55:46 pm »

Someone has asked about moving their Palace. To do so, you simply build a new palace in the territory you want it in and on completion the previous one will automatically be demolished.

Wait you are using a program for this? How?
I wrote a quick and dirty console application to do the combat simulation and the finance calculations. I'll be developing it further as needed.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 21, 2017, 03:37:19 pm »

Spoiler:  Turn 4 Orders (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 03:54:43 pm by Ghazkull »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 21, 2017, 04:30:11 pm »

My summery doesn't say that my units are wounded after that battle, but I assume that's just a bit of info that got left out?

Bartiro looked out the windows of his office at the celebration taking place in the palace square. It was a heady time for his people. The army had just returned from the north, new lands conquered and their population subjugated to the republic with only the expected casualties taken. In addition the farms to the west had finally been established and at long last there was enough meat for all the upper caste to enjoy. Bartiro himself was presiding over a bloody steak. He contemplated a piece before rending it with his teeth. A poor comparison to the exquisite taste of a lower caste beast trembling in fear as he consumed it's living flesh, but cheap enough for even the poorest tiefling to afford.

The rumors to the north disturbed Bartrio, and he had already signed the orders to induct new regiments of spearbeasts into the army to ready to defend the capital. But for now his peoples did not seem to worry. Instead talk had already started circulating about reclaiming the final piece of his peoples rightful lands and to complete their domination over Maver.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 04:35:40 pm by Criptfeind »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 21, 2017, 04:49:38 pm »

Yes, I must've missed that. I'll update it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 21, 2017, 04:54:57 pm »

Thanks!

Also huh. The numbers on province wealth vs color on the economic map are interesting. Maver Center was an orange at 101, maver north was a yellow at 104. So the dividing line between those colors is either 102 or 103? Or maybe there's some overlap to prevent more perfect knowledge? It's a bit tougher to guess then I thought it was either way though.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31