Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31

Author Topic: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - Turn 10  (Read 32820 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - Turn 0!
« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2017, 11:14:51 am »

((Wow I drafted this before I saw the economic map, AH WELL :V
I'm putting all actions at the top of my posts, and all correspondences at the bottom, for clarity.
And to be playing for the RPs and fun, I don't read anyone else's spoilers :P [I don't do that anyway] {And I trust y'all in the same}
Just please ADDRESS IT to either my kingdom or leader name, thanks!

Also there is no wincon for this game right? I haven't read any. So I'll assume due to having bad internet connection and: YAY, no pressure and I can PLAY A GAME THAT I CAN ALLY WITH PEOPLE.))
Kashyyk: So every province can only have 1 Industrial building, when you say 'access to resource', this means 'in my territory that is connected by land to each other or by caravan' right? Also you misspelled Grunt in the 'walls' section in Buildings. :P
And, just to ask, do we know what RANGE of enemy unit we can expect in those colored areas in the economic map? You also forgot to color Cript's nation as black. :P

Jeez, seven years already... I've been on this forum forever.
I'm old too :3 Just five or so. Nice to meet you too buddy!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2017, 11:17:18 am »

Since you started right next to me, you can just accept the trade treaty right now Tiruin.

We'll both get some extra cash right away.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 11:18:57 am by Criptfeind »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 16, 2017, 11:19:15 am »

Since you started right next to me, you can just accept the trade treaty right now Tiruin.
The 'when possible' bit means yes I accept it now, but in RP that means 'when you got my letter back. :P
And nope I'm not reading any other spoilers other than what I've got. Because I've no idea how to RP spymasters unless we've some way of doing that.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 16, 2017, 11:39:19 am »

Also there is no wincon for this game right? I haven't read any. So I'll assume due to having bad internet connection and: YAY, no pressure and I can PLAY A GAME THAT I CAN ALLY WITH PEOPLE.))
World domination is a bit of an omnipresent wincon, but I'm sure we can come up with others.  I expect this game to take a while regardless though.

Kashyyk: So every province can only have 1 Industrial building, when you say 'access to resource', this means 'in my territory that is connected by land to each other or by caravan' right?
If a building requires a resource,  (like a farm does grain) then the resource must be in the territory.  If a building needs access (like a marketplace), then like you say, so long as it is present in your lands or the lands of a trade partner,  it counts.

Also you misspelled Grunt in the 'walls' section in Buildings.
No I didn't.  I have no idea what you're talking about.

And, just to ask, do we know what RANGE of enemy unit we can expect in those colored areas in the economic map?
Anything that you can currently build,  they theoretically could as well.

You also forgot to color Cript's nation as black.
I know... I'll sort it when I get home.

Because I've no idea how to RP spymasters unless we've some way of doing that.
Psst. Research espionage and find out.

And with that we have everyone. I'll sort the turn at some point tonight!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 16, 2017, 11:48:43 am »

And, just to ask, do we know what RANGE of enemy unit we can expect in those colored areas in the economic map?
Anything that you can currently build,  they theoretically could as well.
To clarify, for all of us at CONQUEST TURN 0 (:P), RIGHT NOW, is it okay if we knew the possible range of what exists on the map? Because I'm assuming this means 'they have 0 money right now but will have income as to their color next turn and can build what we can literally have in the Units spoiler, but as to their income only', and the question above is clarification.

Unless all neutrals are empty at turn 0. I'll have to edit my orders if that was the case.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 16, 2017, 12:04:21 pm »

They will start with and attempt to maintain as many units as they can afford. By default they will not attempt aggressive action unless you somehow manage to provoke them.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 16, 2017, 02:48:53 pm »

Assuming the full green has 250 income, that amounts to: city walls, 2x longbowmen, and light macemen, or city walls, 4x archers, and militia. Not as terrifying as I expected, but it'll take a bit of build-up to conquer one. If they also have income buildings raising that, they start getting scary.

I'll assume they upgrade with public domain tech, so we can't just wait until we can take them down with machine gunners.

By default they will not attempt aggressive action unless you somehow manage to provoke them.
That gives me an idea, but it's probably a war crime.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2017, 04:50:56 pm »

Turn 1 – Rocky Starts
Winter, 1000AD

From Nothron to Parnassus, fledgling nations stretch their wings, testing their neighbours and strengthening their core. Some such ventures bore fruit, others were dashed against the rocks.

Spoiler: Storm Empire (Taricus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Novatechs (Papaj) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pollock (Nirur Torir) (click to show/hide)

Quote from: New Technologies and Buildings
Mechanics I:  Allows construction of Sawmills, Workshops.
Basic machines and tools allow for refining of raw materials and production of improved tools.

Sawmill:  £500.  Requires lumber.  Generates £100/turn.  Tech: Mechanics I

Workshop £500. Generates income equal to 5% of basic income per turn. Bonus increases by 10% per resource the Workshop has access to: Iron, Copper, Lumber. Tech: Machinery I
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 05:23:31 pm by Kashyyk »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - Turn 1
« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2017, 05:00:27 pm »

Aaaah yes, the fucking RNG in this game. Do the NPC nations re-recruit or not? Because it's a bit of a punch in the face if they can instantly reform >.>
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2017, 05:01:35 pm »

Couldn't find anything in the OP about damaged units and how much repairing costs. Do I just send them home and they will eventually be repaired?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2017, 05:04:06 pm »

You don't even need to move them, they'll repair on their own.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2017, 05:05:59 pm »

Ach, but this result was anticipated.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2017, 05:06:12 pm »

Damaged units just need to spend a full turn in non-hostile territory and they will return to full strength.

Aaaah yes, the fucking RNG in this game. Do the NPC nations re-recruit or not? Because it's a bit of a punch in the face if they can instantly reform >.>
They will also have to spend an entire turn before their forces recover, during which time they will not be available for combat. If you feel you really need active troops now, see the rules regarding mercenaries.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 16, 2017, 05:07:06 pm »

So if I invade while they're all damaged I'll just waltz in and take it then?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 16, 2017, 05:10:42 pm »

Correct, unless they also manage to pull mercenaries out of somewhere (hint, they can't afford that). A convenient side-effect is that any units that were damaged before the battle began will instantly be captured by the winning side as well.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31