Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31

Author Topic: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - Turn 10  (Read 32823 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - Turn 0!
« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2017, 08:26:30 am »

Mostly just waiting on the economic map mode before I make my turn. If I recall, some of the territories around where I am had some pretty sharp teeth to them, which I'd rather avoid at the start of the game.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2017, 08:27:39 am »

For a land unit to hop across a sea zone without a ship, does it require one or two moves?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2017, 08:29:41 am »

A quick check to make sure since the wording is slightly ambiguous, research progress keeps between checks right? So if you invest 500 into a technology and fail the 500 roll, and next turn you invest another 500, you get the 1000 roll?
Yes, but not in the way you mean. There is a base threshold that you roll against each time you invest into research. The amount you invest effects the roll you make, as well as how much the threshold increases by. The only thing to carry over is the change in base threshold. Note, this threshold is shared amongst all players. If you increase through research, it gets a little easier for everyone.

Also uh. How does the order of operations between players work? Especially far as recruitment and combat and double especially complex maneuvers involving multiple armies?

Like if you had something like this going on, how would it be resolved?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
First, all mercenaries are hired, then all manoeuvres happen, then all combat happens, then finally all construction and recruitment happens. Thus in your example, each nation's attacking units will move simultaneously and will fight whatever units are left to defend the territory in question. In the case of an additional blue army entering the attacked blue region on the same turn as those red attackers, the new blues will arrive in time to defend.

A question: How would trade and caravans work for me as an island faction?
You'll need to stick your caravan on a boat to get it across multiple ocean territories, or make regular rest stops at coastal territories. Otherwise it's just like a land connection.

For a land unit to hop across a sea zone without a ship, does it require one or two moves?
Two moves.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 15, 2017, 08:35:06 am »

Yes, but not in the way you mean. There is a base threshold that you roll against each time you invest into research. The amount you invest effects the roll you make, as well as how much the threshold increases by. The only thing to carry over is the change in base threshold. Note, this threshold is shared amongst all players. If you increase through research, it gets a little easier for everyone.

Alright, so, if you had a base threshold of 50, and invested 500, you'd have to roll a 25 or lower, and then next turn if you invested 500, you'd still have to roll a 25 or lower since the base threshold was improved to 51, and so next turn if you invest another 500, you'd have to roll 26 or lower?

Also uh. Once we start researching a tech, do we get told what the threshold is? Like, "I invest 1000 into this" You needed to roll a 50, but you rolled a 54. Fail. Or You rolled a 54. Fail.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 08:37:21 am by Criptfeind »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 15, 2017, 08:36:48 am »

Alright, so, if you had a base threshold of 50, and invested 500, you'd have to roll a 25 or lower, and then next turn if you invested 500, you'd still have to roll a 25 or lower since the base threshold was improved to 51, and so next turn if you invest another 500, you'd have to roll 26 or lower?
Correct.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 15, 2017, 08:37:17 am »

////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 15, 2017, 08:39:11 am »

When trading with another player, is it the shortest distance between the two realms that count, or between the province where the caravan was created and the one where it was disbanded?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 15, 2017, 08:48:27 am »

When trading with another player, is it the shortest distance between the two realms that count, or between the province where the caravan was created and the one where it was disbanded?
The source and destination provinces.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 15, 2017, 08:51:10 am »

A Letter to The Principality of Pork
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 15, 2017, 12:37:04 pm »

I have update the OP with a wealth and terrain map.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2017, 12:39:50 pm »

Terrain map isn't showing right for me. Its not showing at all.

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 15, 2017, 12:41:43 pm »

You terrain map is broken.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 15, 2017, 12:45:12 pm »

Should be fixed now.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 15, 2017, 12:49:34 pm »

What does brown terrain mean?

Luminous Bolt of Bacon

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 15, 2017, 01:04:00 pm »

That would be hills.

I have now actually proofread, and I should've got everything.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31