Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: A Light Among Stars [Rogue Trader]  (Read 23983 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Light Among Stars [Rogue Trader]
« Reply #210 on: July 15, 2017, 01:50:01 pm »

Yeah, the ship has +20 Detection and that applies to augur checks.

...Also I've no idea where I (Amara) am in the ship, after having talked to the Captain on bridge. :P

So you OOCly got lost ICly?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 15, 2017, 04:46:46 pm »

I meant by not spotting important things.  It's one thing to flub the roll when entering the system, where there will be multiple chances as we close the distance on the planets, but it's another thing to flub the roll when we're entering possibly-trafficked areas, and the 30+20 of a crewman is much better than 24+10.
What does 'nuclear power source' mean? Does it mean 'it has engines inside it' (and then I suspected Ork Roks...)
Or does it mean it contains materials which can be refined or converted into a nuclear power source?

...Also I've no idea where I (Amara) am in the ship, after having talked to the Captain on bridge. :P

With your skillset, you can be pretty much wherever you want to on the ship. You have your Navi tower where you can hang out and do navi things, but your abilities mean you are one of our best ship shooters/boosters so having you in the command room would also be a good idea. All the important parts of the ship are connected to the vox network, so you can join the conversation without difficulty.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 16, 2017, 12:14:15 am »

So you OOCly got lost ICly?
Technically! :P
It's also that I'm fully unfamiliar with the generalized layout of an Imperial ship (like where do these officers go and stay for their rest, or what do they do in between periods of time, like myself. Where do I stay when someone else is operating the helm?)

Also since I have Officer on Deck [+5 to any command tests while on ship], which area can I aid in on the ship, since I believe my navi powers on shooting/moving can be activated anywhere I am.

With your skillset, you can be pretty much wherever you want to on the ship. You have your Navi tower where you can hang out and do navi things, but your abilities mean you are one of our best ship shooters/boosters so having you in the command room would also be a good idea. All the important parts of the ship are connected to the vox network, so you can join the conversation without difficulty.
I took this as a compliment to my ballistic skill at first. :P
But yay, thanks for that :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 01:37:12 am by Tiruin »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 16, 2017, 03:00:05 pm »

I thought the +20 bonus was for the Runecaster, but now I see that was only navigation checks.  I'm not sure where the augur bonuses came from, although I do know they aren't related to me personally.

The Auger bonus would come from the ship's Detection (Which is in fact +20)

Darn, I thought for sure I had read it and it was +10.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 17, 2017, 02:51:59 pm »

As a note, Focused Auguries are really focused. Focused enough they can pinpoint the specific components of a ship and where they are unless there's some obfuscation going on.

So either that thing has something preventing us from scanning its insides or DivideByZero forgot about how powerful FA really is.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 19, 2017, 02:32:35 am »

As a note, Tork is making reference to the fact that only small craft are ever referred as "craft". The big ones are always void ship, vessel or ship.
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 19, 2017, 10:49:55 am »

As a note, Tork is making reference to the fact that only small craft are ever referred as "craft". The big ones are always void ship, vessel or ship.

The core book refers to Large Voidship as craft 37 times. Page 18 (vast, city-sized craft), 19 (description for Shipwise), 183 (Navigator steers the course of his craft), 190 (raider description), 191 (cruiser description), 195 (frigate description), 310 (used 3 times), 312 (twice), 313 (three times), 314 (used nine times, two are arguably not talking about Large Voidships), 315, three times on 316, five times on 317, once on 318, arguably twice on 341, 345, twice on 358, once on 388, and once on 390. The reference is based on a false premise both in and out of universe :-/.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 19, 2017, 01:48:58 pm »

I couldn't find or remember instances of that happening in-universe so I assume it's mostly a technical or rare way of calling the big ships. And hey, I do believe it's a small thing so I can change my post. I didn't mean for a word to create such a fuss.
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 19, 2017, 02:30:05 pm »

I couldn't find or remember instances of that happening in-universe so I assume it's mostly a technical or rare way of calling the big ships. And hey, I do believe it's a small thing so I can change my post. I didn't mean for a word to create such a fuss.

Its not much a fuss :0. I don't read a lot of in-universe things, its possible that it is true (and certainly possible for this to be the case on Navy ships, to avoid confusion in a "this is my rifle this is my gun" type of thing.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 19, 2017, 03:15:35 pm »

I do read quite a bit of in-universe stuff, which led me to the situation explained the last post. At first I even thought Aseaheru's character meant our guncutter instead of the Proposal.

And it's a situation that can feasibly cause IC confusion, since Tork isn't exactly Schola-educated and he's not used to craft being used to refer to the big ships.
>Yes?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 19, 2017, 05:20:22 pm »

Yo, whats the title for our rouge trader/what they prefer to be addressed as?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 19, 2017, 05:32:07 pm »

His Traderness.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 19, 2017, 05:50:35 pm »

Yo, whats the title for our rouge trader/what they prefer to be addressed as?

Any respectful title would be fine, whatever fits (ex Not!-Sonic's "Captain" is fine). His official title on the ship is Lord-captain, and he would probably be referred to as "Lord Vendigroth" by people not on the ship. Captain, sir, lord, boss, Master, Senpai....Or you could use his name if you don't want to use any titles.

His Traderness.

Never mind. You are all using this from now on. On pain of death.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 19, 2017, 06:11:00 pm »

Kinda hard to work into most conversations, or when directed to them though. When talking about them to others, sure.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 19, 2017, 06:13:04 pm »

Kinda hard to work into most conversations, or when directed to them though. When talking about them to others, sure.

Nope. Just use it at the beginning and end of all your sentences. "Your Traderness, the enemy is about to attack!" or "It seems that we have finally vanquished the enemy, your Traderness."

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19