Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: A Light Among Stars [Rogue Trader]  (Read 24000 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: A Light Among Stars [Rogue Trader]
« Reply #195 on: July 12, 2017, 06:04:42 pm »

I'm unsure what other actions to do, as my role is usually just Navigating and nothing else?

Otherwise, continue astrographing?

Also Cael, it sounds more like mentioning as an aside on the games you're also pushing forward proactively (like this one too), but the attention to detail that you give each and every game you dedicate yourself to is very inspiring, and nice. :))

As a PC, you are also an advisor/leader aboard the ship. Saying were you think we should go would be a fairly large help in moving the plot forward.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 12, 2017, 06:35:01 pm »

Thanks Tiruin. It works wonders to relieve stress.

And Stirk is correct, you could add suggestions, though in my opinion we already have enough material to act and get a move on.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 12, 2017, 07:49:08 pm »

I'm just basically worried about moving unilaterally-the Binary system looks like our interesting stop, but I haven't really gotten a lot of player/character input at this point. We have two votes for binary (one coming in recently), one vote for investigating the structure, and one point for going to the closest planet and repeating. I thought DBZ would be updating for the actions, but he *might* be waiting on us to decide what to do first.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 12, 2017, 07:50:07 pm »

I didn't vote for investigating any structure.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 12, 2017, 07:51:37 pm »

I didn't vote for investigating any structure.

Not Gilgamesh did.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 12, 2017, 07:55:14 pm »

I thought he was just speculating that the warp storms around the five systems is itself a construct, and to investigate the systems inside for information.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 12, 2017, 07:59:18 pm »

It doesn't particularly matter, I was still the only one who voted for the binary system exploration at the time.

Seeing as we now have three votes for it, I'll go ahead just so the games gains some momentum back.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 13, 2017, 04:41:36 am »

I'm just basically worried about moving unilaterally-the Binary system looks like our interesting stop, but I haven't really gotten a lot of player/character input at this point. We have two votes for binary (one coming in recently), one vote for investigating the structure, and one point for going to the closest planet and repeating. I thought DBZ would be updating for the actions, but he *might* be waiting on us to decide what to do first.

Partly so. I've been meaning to come up with a nice graphical representation of the system but that will have to wait for certain reasons.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 01:58:11 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 14, 2017, 04:55:10 am »

I didn't want to use the augurs at this distance because there were reasonable consequences for failure.  I suppose I should have explicitly ordered a crewman to do it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2017, 04:57:49 am »

I didn't want to use the augurs at this distance because there were reasonable consequences for failure.  I suppose I should have explicitly ordered a crewman to do it.

Oh? I thought the ship wasn't silent running yet.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 14, 2017, 05:00:48 am »

I meant by not spotting important things.  It's one thing to flub the roll when entering the system, where there will be multiple chances as we close the distance on the planets, but it's another thing to flub the roll when we're entering possibly-trafficked areas, and the 30+20 of a crewman is much better than 24+10.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 05:19:15 am by Devastator »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 15, 2017, 04:48:48 am »

I meant by not spotting important things.  It's one thing to flub the roll when entering the system, where there will be multiple chances as we close the distance on the planets, but it's another thing to flub the roll when we're entering possibly-trafficked areas, and the 30+20 of a crewman is much better than 24+10.
What does 'nuclear power source' mean? Does it mean 'it has engines inside it' (and then I suspected Ork Roks...)
Or does it mean it contains materials which can be refined or converted into a nuclear power source?

...Also I've no idea where I (Amara) am in the ship, after having talked to the Captain on bridge. :P

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 15, 2017, 05:26:02 am »

What does 'nuclear power source' mean? Does it mean 'it has engines inside it' (and then I suspected Ork Roks...)
Or does it mean it contains materials which can be refined or converted into a nuclear power source?

...Also I've no idea where I (Amara) am in the ship, after having talked to the Captain on bridge. :P

It means there are radiation emissions consistent with nuclear reactions occurring, such as nuclear engines.

Noted.

Where did the +20 on the crewmen come from?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 15, 2017, 05:35:42 am »

I thought the +20 bonus was for the Runecaster, but now I see that was only navigation checks.  I'm not sure where the augur bonuses came from, although I do know they aren't related to me personally.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 05:39:26 am by Devastator »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 15, 2017, 11:18:20 am »

I thought the +20 bonus was for the Runecaster, but now I see that was only navigation checks.  I'm not sure where the augur bonuses came from, although I do know they aren't related to me personally.

The Auger bonus would come from the ship's Detection (Which is in fact +20)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19