Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: A Light Among Stars [Rogue Trader]  (Read 24031 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: A Light Among Stars [Rogue Trader]
« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2017, 10:53:39 pm »

Congrats on the job! And good luck with RL too.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2017, 11:35:32 pm »

Sheet Checkup:
Aseaheru, you have to make experience expenditures clear. Look for the other sheets (like mine) for an example of how that goes. You also need to pick your Special Ability: Mastery of X. Page 72 of Core. You don't have 4500xp remaining to spend, that's the starting value.
Devastator, you can't purchase Rank 1 Skills you start with (Barter, Commerce, Deceive). They're repeated there "just in case". Search is from Rank 3 and can't be purchased now.
Egan_BW, missing at least a name. Sound Constitution listing in Talents should read (2), not (4). Dodge and Medicae are from Rank 2.
Gigla, wounds should be 17 (8+2+2+5). Your PB counts 90. Electro-graft use is from Rank 2.
HighEndNoob, I think your PB is adding up to 97. It's a bit harder to re-check when stats aren't broken down. You start with Medicae so you don't need to purchase it. And as a tip, you could save 500xp by taking Flame Weapon Training (Universal) from Hand of War instead of choosing Leap Up. You can get Leap Up further down the line for 200xp.
Sirus seems to check out. Ship Dialect is the dialect of the ship you were born/raised in, so you have to at least choose the name of the vessel.
Stirk, I think your PB adds up to 90. Same thing as HEN.
Tiruin, your wounds should be 10 (3*2+4) and Initiative +10 (4 Ag.Bonus*2 Unn.Ag. +2 Paranoia). Otherwise seems to check out.
WunderKatze, no name, no wounds, no fate, haven't rolled for Insanity either I suppose, no experience expenditure breakdown.

For everyone that didn't do it: breaking down your characteristics—43 Str (25 Base +10 Roll +3 Homeworld +5 Advance), for example—helps check for mistakes. Like I just did for Stirk over IRC.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 20, 2017, 03:22:28 am »

Yup, points added up to 97, forgot the +3 Fel from Savant. Edited with the point breakdown included. Thanks for the tip also.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 20, 2017, 03:26:51 am »

Aw. Only 5 insanity points. :L

Reposting because the old one got buried. Also updated with rolls.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 12:42:47 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2017, 04:39:42 am »

Actually, I linked to your old post in the second post of this thread. Please update that one instead.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2017, 04:40:51 am »

The GM linked to your original sheet in the second post and asked changes to the sheet to be edited into that post. Ninja'd by the GM.

Also, you're still missing your inventory.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 20, 2017, 05:46:56 am »

Aw. Only 5 insanity points. :L

Reposting because the old one got buried. Also updated with rolls.

Even small warp-capable ships tend to have tens of thousands of crewmembers. Murdering them all yourself is-at the very least- logistically difficult. You might have an easier time if the crew was mostly servitors or something :p.

Since it came up, our ship has (roughly):
19200 Shipmen/Voidsmen who do all the grunt work
2400 Armsmen who keep order and help out in Hit and Run/Boarding actions
2160 Warrant Officers who make sure the higher up's orders are followed
240 Officers who are the higher-ups.

Probably lower of the last three, since we arn't technically a warship, but there is the point.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 06:25:42 am by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 20, 2017, 12:05:47 pm »

Sheet Checkup:
Aseaheru, you have to make experience expenditures clear. Look for the other sheets (like mine) for an example of how that goes. You also need to pick your Special Ability: Mastery of X. Page 72 of Core. You don't have 4500xp remaining to spend, that's the starting value.
Responses in opposite order:
The "4500 left to spend" is an artifact of older data. I was holding off on special ability until if/when sheet was approved. I did not see any comment requiring listing of what exactly XP was spent on, hence why it was left out. Query: does this include the expenditures in the origin path?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 20, 2017, 12:46:38 pm »

Yeah, it's just helpful for book-keeping and exp-checking in the GM's side. It's plain useful both for him and the player. It'd be preferable, though in your origin path's case just saying 500xp was spent is enough.

Even small warp-capable ships tend to have tens of thousands of crewmembers. Murdering them all yourself is-at the very least- logistically difficult. You might have an easier time if the crew was mostly servitors or something :p.

I was sleepy and thought I'd read it wrong, but yeah. A voidship has thousands of crew, and killing them all would be quite difficult to put it mildly. Even if he managed that feat that'd leave him stranded in space because there'd be no one to run the ship, and no Navigator to steer the vessel through the Warp. And that's without counting the fact that'd make him more a character of Black Crusade than Rogue Trader.
>Yes?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 20, 2017, 02:37:18 pm »

Well, I decided to post the IC thread for now.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 20, 2017, 02:58:01 pm »

Are we allowed to start posting in the IC thread or are you still building it up?

Also, what are the circumstances of the crew's coming-together? Did the Rogue Trader just hire all/some of us or have we been together for some time?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 20, 2017, 03:01:58 pm »

Are we allowed to start posting in the IC thread or are you still building it up?

Also, what are the circumstances of the crew's coming-together? Did the Rogue Trader just hire all/some of us or have we been together for some time?

Yep, you can post.

That is a good question. Assume everyone was hired prior to travelling to the station, since there's not many people to hire here. As for how long ago, everyone probably got on at a different time so there's bound to be some variance.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 20, 2017, 03:35:46 pm »

Comments for Gm:
>Couldn't remember roll for wounds and found out had calculated them wrong, so rerolled and got a 1.
>Some of the optional items taken are of less than common quality. Others are from other books(book and sometimes page number are listed with them), some have a few of that item and/or are mounted in the vehicle.
>I would like to inquire into exchanging my uniform and voidsuit(and possibly my armor, if required) for a Footfall pattern voidsuit, if that is acceptable to you.
>XP numbers are changed slightly as I found out that a talent and a skill taken where not applicable, being rank two items, and the XP has thus mostly gone into skills.

Also, its AseaHeru, not AseaHaru
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 20, 2017, 03:55:54 pm »

Also just so it is known I also changed the sheet earlier in the thread I just reposted for easier access.

I was sleepy and thought I'd read it wrong, but yeah. A voidship has thousands of crew, and killing them all would be quite difficult to put it mildly. Even if he managed that feat that'd leave him stranded in space because there'd be no one to run the ship, and no Navigator to steer the vessel through the Warp. And that's without counting the fact that'd make him more a character of Black Crusade than Rogue Trader.

Well, it's a scrape grace, dark visionary, dark voyage story; it's not going to be happy. My intention wasn't to murder thousands of people, the novels (particularly the rouge trader novels) seem to have a lot smaller warp going vessels. Navigators? I don't think he planned on returning but with all of the places rouge traders go it's not impossible to imagine being picked up some way or another and ending up at some trading post. But I think there is somewhere in the Rouge Trader RPG book were it hints that the smallest warp going vessels are pretty big. Eh I'll change it. I'm going to try to keep the whole private (or nearly) warp journey premise, the whole returning surprisingly sane is directly derived from my low insanity roll.

lol I was sleepy when I wrote it, the last thing I did before going to sleep last night. I spat it out just to have something in place of nothing.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 20, 2017, 04:27:49 pm »

The smaller Imperial warp-capable vessel I know is the tiny Viper-class scout sloop, at 0.95 km of length, 0.25 km beam, 4.9 megatonnes of mass and 7,500 crew. It's also not that common outside of the Imperial Navy because its use is limited to scouting purposes. And even if you rolled max, 15 insanity isn't that high for w40k standards. You're only Unsettled at that point.

@Aseaheru: Like I said, breakdown of experience spent is important so as to avoid that kind of situation where you found out you took Rank 2 advancs. It helps find and fix mistakes, like the fact you have Nerves of Steel listed as bought despite the fact Void-masters start with it. If you bought that Talent, you've just cheated yourself out of 100xp. And why "Sound Constitutionx2(?)"? The number after the Talent name indicates the number of times you can purchase it, so in your Rank 1 Sound Constitution (x2) means you can purchase it twice, each time for 200xp and each time giving you +1 wound. Also remember to edit the older post, the one linked in DbZ's second post in this thread.

And who else wants Tork's free Good craftsmanship MIUs? I assume both Explorators are taking one each so that's still two left. Tork probably doesn't dislike you since he's given you the MIU.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 04:29:46 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19