Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: A Light Among Stars [Rogue Trader]  (Read 24061 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: A Light Among Stars [Rogue Trader]
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2017, 05:20:08 pm »

Gotta say, I don't remember seeing anything in the Origin Path that could be bought with xp.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2017, 05:23:51 pm »

Into the Storm has those options and an Expanded Origin Path. Didn't you check it?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2017, 05:45:41 pm »

I did not! I figured Into the Storm was all about including xenos characters and adding new items.

I've got a couple hundred xp left...maybe I'll add a Lineage or something.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2017, 08:48:48 pm »

Alright, it's time to move to the next stage and get everything wrapped up.

Everyone's character sheet (except Powder Miner's, who I'm still waiting on) is linked-to in the second post. If you make changes to your character, please edit this sheet, don't post a new one in the thread. This is for ease of bookkeeping since Rogue Trader is a lot of bookkeeping.

Aseaheru's cool boat is approved. Park it in the garage next to the Basilisk.

Do we have a consensus on which ship yet? If not, you fellas need to decide.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2017, 09:10:48 pm »

The torchbearer Caellath statted out seems pretty good to me.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2017, 09:13:39 pm »

Note:
Add +1 to our profit factor if I'm in, due to my Trials/Travails of Lost Dynasty.
Also I assume being 'talented' in a skill makes it +10? I was already learned in Navigation (Warp) and my House choice makes it Talented.

First thing Tiruin, you didn't roll one too many. You're supposed to roll 10 times for characteristics, pick the best 9 then assign as you please, so that 17 should be part of the stat pool. You can swap your rolls around and put that 20 in one of your main Navigator stats if you want. And you only displaced the visible log, but there's a log button on the right side of the screen. And Talented is a Talent that gives you +10 to the chosen skill, independent from Skill level/mastery, remember to list it along your other talents.

Oh, and ask questions in new posts instead of editing them into your old ones. I nearly missed them.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 09:29:34 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2017, 09:30:09 pm »

Right, is it okay if it's posted tomorrow? I should be able to get most of the work on it done tonight but I'd prefer to have the time to write out fluff and stuff.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2017, 10:45:03 pm »

The torchbearer Caellath statted out seems pretty good to me.

With or without the clan-kin quarters?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2017, 11:06:01 pm »

Right, is it okay if it's posted tomorrow? I should be able to get most of the work on it done tonight but I'd prefer to have the time to write out fluff and stuff.

That's no problem.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2017, 02:10:54 am »

Here's a list with other ships. Most are pretty focused on one thing to the exclusion of all others (though I didn't include a commerce-focused ship, which I can do next time I post). The jack-of-all-trades and balanced choice this time is the Indecent Proposal. Edit: Proposal updated.
Chosen Ship:

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 05:50:31 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2017, 02:21:58 am »

So our main problem with a ship is that we get 90 Ship points+ starting profit factor. The Light cruiser was a great ship, but it ate up our profits like the cookie monster eats cookies. The normal maximum for rolls is 60, and it cost a bit more than that. So its not a *great* choice for a starting ship.

Alternatives: boost drive to Warcruiser (+4 Power, takes 2 more Space, costs 2 SP), downgrade Clemency to Vitae pattern (loses bonuses, frees up 2 Space), downgrade sunsear batteries (or just the broadsides) to Mars for slightly more room and more Power.

Edit: I have several other options and I'll post them later. Lunch time at the moment.

Before leaving for lunch, here's another one:

For the record, I think the "Indecent Proposal" would be our best choice for starting ship. It has all the out-of combat stuff as the LC, and we have almost 50 PF left over instead of almost 30.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 02:35:59 am by Stirk »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2017, 02:32:35 am »

You can swap your rolls around--the choices are either (Point Buy) or (Roll and Assign).

XP works like this: After choosing origin path and career, you are automatically at 4500 XP. You can then spend up to 500 XP on origin path stuff such as bionics.
Afterward, you can add 2000 xp of Rank 1 advances, bringing you up to Rank 2.

So you can spend a max total of 2500 XP on advances.
Thank you much! :D

Note:
Add +1 to our profit factor if I'm in, due to my Trials/Travails of Lost Dynasty.
Also I assume being 'talented' in a skill makes it +10? I was already learned in Navigation (Warp) and my House choice makes it Talented.

First thing Tiruin, you didn't roll one too many. You're supposed to roll 10 times for characteristics, pick the best 9 then assign as you please, so that 17 should be part of the stat pool. You can swap your rolls around and put that 20 in one of your main Navigator stats if you want. And you only displaced the visible log, but there's a log button on the right side of the screen. And Talented is a Talent that gives you +10 to the chosen skill, independent from Skill level/mastery, remember to list it along your other talents.

Oh, and ask questions in new posts instead of editing them into your old ones. I nearly missed them.
Ten times with 9 stats? I thought I misrolled too much ._. but thank you! :D I didn't know you can swap around either \o/ Thank you too!

Gotta say, I don't remember seeing anything in the Origin Path that could be bought with xp.
Into The Storm also has added equipment/armory options :3

Expect a finished sheet within less than 5 hours since this time of posting, thanks all!
What're people meaning by acquisition and how is the starting profit factor done before any characters are picked?

Also wow Cael ._. Those are very nicely organized ship sheets. I'm very awed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2017, 02:33:31 am »

Yes. Like Stirk said the Torchbearer is a very good vessel but it's far too expensive for our budget and would leave our PF pretty low, so I came up with some other alternatives. If we want to stick to a balanced and cautious approach to our future endeavors, we take either the Frigate I posted earlier or the Indecent Proposal, either of which can undergo a few further tweaks. They can defend themselves pretty effectively and make cash at the same time while leaving us with a healthy PF, which's a win-win.

And thanks, Tiruin.
>Yes?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2017, 02:38:10 am »

You can swap your rolls around--the choices are either (Point Buy) or (Roll and Assign).

XP works like this: After choosing origin path and career, you are automatically at 4500 XP. You can then spend up to 500 XP on origin path stuff such as bionics.
Afterward, you can add 2000 xp of Rank 1 advances, bringing you up to Rank 2.

So you can spend a max total of 2500 XP on advances.
Thank you much! :D

Note:

Ten times with 9 stats? I thought I misrolled too much ._. but thank you! :D I didn't know you can swap around either \o/ Thank you too!

Into The Storm also has added equipment/armory options :3

Expect a finished sheet within less than 5 hours since this time of posting, thanks all!
What're people meaning by acquisition and how is the starting profit factor done before any characters are picked?

Also wow Cael ._. Those are very nicely organized ship sheets. I'm very awed.

Basically the way we are doing it is that you get to choose one acquisition with +0 or less for free without having to roll for it. Common items are also free.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2017, 07:19:49 am »

Basically the way we are doing it is that you get to choose one acquisition with +0 or less for free without having to roll for it. Common items are also free.
As much as I can carry of common+? :P

Also!
I haven't made a personal acquisition yet because of so many choices of Scarce quality (or Poor/Rare) ._.
Also can I buy a Navigator Power? (Rank 2 Navigator advances; page 61)
As I'm unsure how much I can buy unless those are one-off purchases?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19