Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: A Light Among Stars [Rogue Trader]  (Read 24007 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: A Light Among Stars [Rogue Trader]
« Reply #165 on: June 29, 2017, 01:44:19 pm »

Really? It doesn't seem like there is anything it is necessary for me to do at the moment, unless we are just carrying on light conversation.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 29, 2017, 02:11:52 pm »

It seems to me that if any character is going to be the one to carry on conversation regarding the destination, it would be the RT.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 29, 2017, 02:25:21 pm »

Fine. Half asleep plot advancement to the rescue!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 29, 2017, 02:46:59 pm »

Yeah, if there's that kind of conversation to move on, it's the Rogue Trader who's supposed to do it. They're the one calling the shots, and they're the one who moves things at a brisk pace or kills the game.

Surely it isn't going to be the low-Fellowship frontier worlder with a passion for speed.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 29, 2017, 02:59:51 pm »

Yeah, if there's that kind of conversation to move on, it's the Rogue Trader who's supposed to do it. They're the one calling the shots, and they're the one who moves things at a brisk pace or kills the game.

Surely it isn't going to be the low-Fellowship frontier worlder with a passion for speed.

I DECIDE WHO LIVES AND WHO DIES!

But yeah, I think I was just misreading things for a bit if everyone was expecting me to move the conversation along. Been kinda out of it the last few days :x.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 03, 2017, 01:59:04 am »

I think we're all ready to get started.  All I want to do is add camo netting for the basilisk, and a medkit to my sheet.  Is there any other gear we should pick up?  This looks like an exploration mission.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 03, 2017, 12:41:43 pm »

I think we're all ready to get started.  All I want to do is add camo netting for the basilisk, and a medkit to my sheet.  Is there any other gear we should pick up?  This looks like an exploration mission.

We should have everything we *need*, if it does turn out to be human settlers we should be able to buy more things easily enough.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 05, 2017, 03:15:37 am »

I should get off the ship now and attend to helping this Rogue Trader who picked me up nicely (and probably get a servo skull to work with the MIU so that I can actually speak to everyone else if we're warping or otherwise)

And/or maybe it's better if I was on ship because the only way we're moving anywhere is because of me or the rest of my house-mates. :P

...I hope Stirk was okay with my backstory though x.x

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 05, 2017, 06:31:06 am »

I should get off the ship now and attend to helping this Rogue Trader who picked me up nicely (and probably get a servo skull to work with the MIU so that I can actually speak to everyone else if we're warping or otherwise)

And/or maybe it's better if I was on ship because the only way we're moving anywhere is because of me or the rest of my house-mates. :P

I don't know your backstory. You never wrote it down \o/. And I think you are supposed to be on the ship, DBZ was saying its time for a Navi roll and wondering if you are still playing.

Edit: Also, happy Birthday!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 06:39:08 am by Stirk »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 05, 2017, 11:29:01 am »

I don't know your backstory. You never wrote it down \o/. And I think you are supposed to be on the ship, DBZ was saying its time for a Navi roll and wondering if you are still playing.

Edit: Also, happy Birthday!
._. Now I remember what I did while modifying my post--I snipped it into a notepad++ file because I couldn't load the page upon preview <_< I'll paste the finished version tomorrow (sorry, study time and me being busy + bad connection), thanks for the patience, and the same to our GM c:

But the backstory is summarized as:
> Amara (Navigator) was raised as a very pious fellow, but open to the philosophies inasfar as what could be taught under Imperial governance in a patrol ship. Said patrol ship was one of many that operated near her house. Sometime later, her patrol ship was sent to some errant task that would generally be considered unorthodox but okay at the time, then disaster struck. Some details mixed in because I still haven't got a good clue how to turn my house renegade or traitor other than 'political dispute' that made it a ton worse when heresy or heretical stuff happened (that wasn't really heresy) and I was coincidentally put as a primary aid to root this out. Cue most of the house being wiped and what few remained became thrust out of Imperial control [still reading up on how delicate I can write this in, due to the Inquisition and all] and hired at particularly lower prices to a Rogue Trader. Pros involve 'Loyalty, knowledge of my past until as far as I can disclose [sans political issues in...what I could read about the Navis Nobilite], and less price for a seasoned-ish navigator!'

Basically Stirk has me and my lesser housemates now.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 05, 2017, 12:32:45 pm »

Hello and happy birthday, Tir.

Unless I'm mistaken, Divide was already waiting on the warp navigation rolls so we could move on.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 06, 2017, 01:27:15 am »

I have the navigation written up if everyone's ready to move on.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 06, 2017, 01:41:22 am »

I think we are. There isn't much to be done and lingering around any longer doesn't seem necessary.
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 06, 2017, 01:45:14 am »

I have the navigation written up if everyone's ready to move on.
I'm ready \o/

Hello and happy birthday, Tir.

Unless I'm mistaken, Divide was already waiting on the warp navigation rolls so we could move on.
Wait um ._. do you mean me rolling for them?
Because I didn't know I should be the one doing that :x sorry! :-[

@DBZ: What do you think about giving protagonist roles to people, for bonus things? :O
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 05:27:10 am by Tiruin »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 06, 2017, 08:54:31 am »

Good choice, you have a 50% chance of succeeding there and a 20% of succeeding the other way (It doesn't look like you have any other bonuses or penalties, and the runecaster gives you +20 naturally).

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19