Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19

Author Topic: A Light Among Stars [Rogue Trader]  (Read 24040 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: A Light Among Stars [Rogue Trader]
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2017, 07:23:44 am »

Basically the way we are doing it is that you get to choose one acquisition with +0 or less for free without having to roll for it. Common items are also free.
As much as I can carry of common+? :P

Also!
I haven't made a personal acquisition yet because of so many choices of Scarce quality (or Poor/Rare) ._.
Also can I buy a Navigator Power? (Rank 2 Navigator advances; page 61)
As I'm unsure how much I can buy unless those are one-off purchases?

One acquisition (which can be multiple items, preferably the same one). You can only buy rank 1 advances right now, rank 2 advances will become available the next time we spend experience points.

And as much as you can carry of common items ;P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2017, 07:38:30 am »

One acquisition (which can be multiple items, preferably the same one). You can only buy rank 1 advances right now, rank 2 advances will become available the next time we spend experience points.

Good Quality Cortex Implant it is! :D
Because wow my history is both 'hired on a ship; ship got blown up; discovered heresy in my own house; now I'm probably hired here'.

I'll do computations later on for weight and otherwise but...is buying characteristics only once for their tier, and how much do they add to the characteristic when bought?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2017, 07:41:59 am »

Because wow my history is both 'hired on a ship; ship got blown up; discovered heresy in my own house; now I'm probably hired here'.

I'll do computations later on for weight and otherwise but...is buying characteristics only once for their tier, and how much do they add to the characteristic when bought?
Far as I know you can buy up to four tiers from the start.
Each tier you buy gives +5.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2017, 07:43:22 am »

Each characteristic purchase gets you up +5, and you can only do it once per tier. You have to buy one tier before you can buy the next one (So if the first one is 100 and the second is 250, it takes 350 to get up +10).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2017, 08:40:00 am »

-snip-
-snoop-
Thanks dudes c:
Also I've modeled my backstory to go full RP regardless of any stats so... >_>
...When I picked 'Hunted' [into the storm], do I need to PM and work with DBZ about what enemy is best in his plot or can I just leave it in his hands and just write 'Enemy [...]' in my Talent list for more freedom on his side? I'm eschewing specifics due to the mysterious note in the OP and for...ease of writing on his part. :P
I mean I could write in 'Navigators' due to running my house into the ground due to HAIRESY but I'm fully a newbie to the everything here and the talent groups to pick from means I've a hard time picking >_> (And/or I got shot in the brain but lived and hence why I got cybernetics.)
Either way, everything is now set :D
Can we retain xp but still be known as 'rank 2'? Or do we have to spend at least 7000 to be rank 2 and that's the only time we can spend on rank 2 stuff? Because I spent it all on Intermediate Characteristic advances and boom. 7000xp spent.

Sorry if I missed it. :-[

EDOOT: Is Navis Primer also being used? Because browsing the Navigator powers just hit me like a brick--I can provide fire (eye) support just by getting a long-ranged ballistic weapon \o/ Because...that's line of sight, right? :D
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 09:02:33 am by Tiruin »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2017, 09:56:56 am »

I may have the 'long range ballistic weapon' part covered with my Basilisk.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2017, 09:58:55 am »

As far as I know, Tir, the only books being used are Core and Into the Storm. I guess you could ask DBZ about Navis Primer.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2017, 10:39:29 am »

Your Enemy should be part of your backstory but you need GM permission so it isn't something so obscure it won't ever matter. And to be at Rank 2 you need to spend the experience, having it isn't enough. And since Navis Primer isn't part of the original list but useful for Navigators... Ask the GM.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2017, 01:10:33 pm »

Your Enemy should be part of your backstory but you need GM permission so it isn't something so obscure it won't ever matter. And to be at Rank 2 you need to spend the experience, having it isn't enough. And since Navis Primer isn't part of the original list but useful for Navigators... Ask the GM.
Done, set it to 'allied nomad/neutral house' to the house I just betrayed for betraying the Imperium called the Inquisition on.

That said...I've shifted to Renegade house just to seal the context and I'm wondering if given the OP mention of 'navigators not needed', ship/space combat isn't going to happen or at least won't be something major here? (Asking because many Navigator powers rely on space-scenarios)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2017, 03:39:05 pm »

Done, set it to 'allied nomad/neutral house' to the house I just betrayed for betraying the Imperium called the Inquisition on.

That said...I've shifted to Renegade house just to seal the context and I'm wondering if given the OP mention of 'navigators not needed', ship/space combat isn't going to happen or at least won't be something major here? (Asking because many Navigator powers rely on space-scenarios)

Navigator "not needed" as they can be NPCed, their powers are something that can be delegated to an NPC without too much difficulty. A navigator is needed to jump into the warp effectively, but space combat happens in realspace anyway.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 18, 2017, 07:15:04 pm »

Navigators are needed to navigate the warp (and like Stirk said an NPC can do this) but a lot of their powers are useful elsewhere, and being able to track ships through the warp may come in handy regardless. I wouldn't focus too much on the actual warp navigation part however because it doesn't seem to give other players much of a chance to do anything (unless you encounter demons).

Ship combat involves boarding and shooting and other fun stuff that the players can do so it will happen if things fall into place that way.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 09:25:31 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2017, 09:30:33 pm »

Yaknow, I kinda hope we could load the Basilisk into the Shark. Because who doesent want to being an Earthshaker into an enemy ship?

Seriously tho, if this is possible, I want to see about getting canister rounds for that thing. 132mm punt gun anyone?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2017, 10:28:08 pm »

Sizes in Rogue Trader are a little broken because some vehicles should be bigger (I'm looking at the gun-cutter, land speeder, rhino, hephaestus ore seeker, etc.) and the Shark is the same size as the Basilisk, Massive, so it wouldn't work.

And I believe we're going with this ship for the best usefulness/PF ratio.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2017, 10:29:21 pm »

Navigators are needed to navigate the warp (and like Stirk said an NPC can do this) but a lot of their powers are useful elsewhere, and being able to track ships through the warp may come in handy regardless. I wouldn't focus too much on the actual warp navigation part however because it doesn't seem to give other players much of a chance to do anything (unless you encounter demons).

Ship combat involves boarding and shooting and other fun stuff that the players can do so it will happen if things fall into place that way.

Generally everyone is supposed to have something to do, depending on your skills. Since you have a 10 Intelligence bonus and a power that gives you your INT bonus *5 as bonus to ballistics/maneuver actions, you should be behind the cannons most the fight.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2017, 01:53:32 am »

Alright, so I've put some thought into it, and I apologize for this, but I'm going to pull out of this. I'm going to be getting a job this summer, so increasing my forum time may not be a good idea, especially because right now I can also use that time to be with my family while I'm with them for the summer.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19